The Mystic Swashbuckler is a great hero killer. He can also be used to kill troops, though he does not do well against larger groups of them.
While where to put your points and exactly what items to get are under Builds, there are two main ways to play Swashy:
The first way is using stacking lots of agility, combined with the Bladestorm talent to proc Flurry. Most skill points go towards maxing Keen Blade
- Great against slow moving heroes or heroes with no escape skills
- Effective on towers as well
- Not mana dependent
- Works good on high health (not armor) targets as well as low
- Is not very effective until late game
- Not effective against high mobility heroes
- Not effective against heroes with a very high armor
- Requires you to stand in place while attacking the hero, leaving you open to attacks
The second is using Demoralizing Blow and Dash to surprise and nuke heroes.
- Great against low health targets, mainly casters
- Good against very high armor heroes, since Demoralizing Blow ignores armor
- Very useful against Heroes that have a lot of escape skills
- Highly mobile, don't have to stand in one place too long
- Can cost lots of mana
- Can't be used against towers to siege
- Less effective against high health heroes
 Build 1: Demoralizing Blow
- Skill Points: The main priority should be on maxing Demoralizing Blow, then Dash for escaping. The last two ranks of Dash can be skipped in favor of more points in Pilfer or Mockery
- Talents/Altar: Sheep Strike is a gamble, and costs a lot of crystal to max. If you have the crystal to spare or like depending on luck it can be a very useful talent to have, otherwise spend it on a few armor upgrades and extra skill points, with the rest going to Intelligence.
- Items:Sorcerer's Robe should be the first item you get. After that, any orb will work, depending on the situation. If the game is long you can also get either Gloves of Evocation or Ring of Wisdom