Cenibus Darkshell: A complete guideline (Not Finished)

Raise concerns about balance.

Moderator: Mills

Seig_2
Regular
Regular

Cenibus Darkshell: A complete guideline (Not Finished)

#1 Post by Seig_2 »

Cenibus Darkshell--Scarab

Cenibus is, in many ways, a stronger, more formitable version of the Arcane Archer. Whether it's healing troops, nuking enemy heroes, or supporting seiges, Cenibus has the potential to fill any of these rolls and much more. A tank, support, off caster, healer, DPS, all packed into one single, yet imposing shell, Cenibus is sought after for his well-roundedness and versatility.

Strengths

--High potential for outlasting other heroes.
--Can support a number of different roles.
--Relatively high mana pool.
--Decent armor and hit points.
--Isn't dependant on other heroes/troops.
--Wide range of builds.

Weakness's

--Not highly effective at any one role.
--Highly dependant on Intelligence.
--Abilities are resticted.
--Wide range of builds.

Skills for Scarab:

Innate--Celestial Restoration
(Q)
Heals for 2% of the heroes health per second.
A very effective skill for innate, has a short cooldown.
Cost 125 mana.

Life Wave
(W) Conjuration
Casts a healing wave in front of the hero. Units that are selected are healed first, otherwise the heal is distributed to the units closest to the caster.
Excellent for keeping troops or allied heroes alive. Can be difficult to use on heroes if not used properly.
Level 1: Heals (120 + INt) to a single unit. (600 + 5 x INt) max. Cost 50 mana.
Level 2: Heals (200 + 2 x INt) to a single unit. (1000 + 10 x INt) max. Cost 70 mana.
Level 3: Heals (280 + 3 x INt) to a single unit. (1400 + 15 x INt) max. Cost 90 mana.
Level 4: Heals (360 + 4 x INt) to a single unit. (1800 + 20 x INt) max. Cost 110 mana.
Level 5: Heals (440 + 5 x INt) to a single unit. (2200 + 25 x INt) max. Cost 130 mana.
Level 6: Heals (520 + 6 x INt) to a single unit. (2600 + 30 x INt) max. Cost 150 mana.

Smite
(E) Evocation
Deals damage to a target hero equal to 30% of its hit points or a minimum amount. Also absorbs some mana.
This is an excellent nuke, great for striking those fleeing, low hit point heroes, as it has a long range.
Level 1: Deals (50 + INt) min damage and absorbs 1 point of mana per 1.2 points of health absorbed. Cost 30 mana.
Level 2: Deals (90 + 1.25 x INt) min damage and absorbs 1 point of mana per 2 points of health absorbed. Cost 32 mana.
Level 3: Deals (130 + 1.50 x INt) min damage and absorbs 1 point of mana per 2.8 points of health absorbed. Cost 34 mana.
Level 4: Deals (170 + 1.75 x INt) min damage and absorbs 1 point of mana per 3.6 points of health absorbed. Cost 36 mana.
Level 5: Deals (210 + 2.00 x INt) min damage and absorbs 1 point of mana per 4.4 points of health absorbed. Cost 38 mana.
Level 6: Deals (250 + 2.25 x INt) min damage and absorbs 1 point of mana per 5.2 points of health absorbed. Cost 40 mana.

Nightmare
(R) Enchantment
Puts all enemy units in an area to sleep for a time and deals damage. Units that are attacked will be awaken.
A great skill for farming gold, stuning enemy heroes or stopping pushes.
Level 1: Lasts 6sec on units/2sec on heroes. Deals (14 + 0.04 x INt) damage per sec. Cost 60 mana.
Level 2: Lasts 8sec on units/3sec on heroes. Deals (15 + 0.07 x INt) damage per sec. Cost 72 mana.
Level 3: Lasts 10sec on units/4sec on heroes. Deals (16 + 0.10 x INt) damage per sec. Cost 84 mana.
Level 4: Lasts 12sec on units/5sec on heroes. Deals (17 + 0.13 x INt) damage per sec. Cost 96 mana.
Level 5: Lasts 14sec on units/6sec on heroes. Deals (18 + 0.16 x INt) damage per sec. Cost 108 mana.
Level 6: Lasts 16sec on units/7sec on heroes. Deals (19 + 0.19 x INt) damage per sec. Cost 120 mana.

Armored Carapace
(C) Physical
Reduces all attacks done to the hero.
A nice skill to have against mobs of enemy troops. Also usefull for a tank build.
Level 1: Reduces all attacks by 7. Cannot fall below 3.
Level 2: Reduces all attacks by 13. Cannot fall below 3.
Level 3: Reduces all attacks by 19. Cannot fall below 3.
Level 4: Reduces all attacks by 25. Cannot fall below 3.
Level 5: Reduces all attacks by 31. Cannot fall below 3.
Level 6: Reduces all attacks by 37. Cannot fall below 3.

Divine Manifestion--Ultimate
(T) Enchantment
Gives allied units a greatly increased attack speed for a short duration. Also grants hit point regeneation for that time.
An excellent skill for pushes and seiging. Also has a short cooldown.
Level 1: Gives allied units a 75% increased attack speed and 2 hit points per sec heal. Lasts 16sec. Cost 200 mana.
Level 2: Gives allied units a 150% increased attack speed and 4 hit points per sec heal. Lasts 16sec. Cost 270 mana.
Level 3: Gives allied units a 225% increased attack speed and 6 hit points per sec heal. Lasts 16sec. Cost 340 mana.
Level 4: Gives allied units a 300% increased attack speed and 8 hit points per sec heal. Lasts 16sec. Cost 410 mana.

Builds

Tank Build
It's always a good idea to start with nightmare, as it is your farming ability. Get nightmare to Lvl 3, while putting your other points into Armored Carapace. Don't worry about Smite just yet, you won't be able to kill heroes until Lvl 15 or so. Once at Lvl 15, get Divine Manifestation. After that, start to Lvl Smite and put your other points into Nightmare. Continue to Lvl Divine Manifestation when possible and remember: Smite BEFORE Nightmare AFTER Lvl 15. Once Smite is Lvl 6, you can turn your attention toward Life Wave, as you are going to need it for late pushes. Get the final ranks of Nightmare with off points, anything after that is up to you.

Item Build

Orb of Life(Workshop) 700HP/5 hit point regen.
Scorceror's Robes(Workshop) 35 INt/15 Armor.
Plate Helm(Ancient of wonders) 500HP/50 Armor.
Ring of Might(Ancient of wonders) 35 STr.
Talisman of the Sun(Marketplace) 25 to all attributes/5 hit point regen.
Demon's Horn(Marketplace)
Last edited by Seig_2 on January 17th, 2008, 9:26 pm, edited 11 times in total.

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)

Re: Cenibus Darkshell: A complete guideline

#2 Post by jamn455 »

Not to be an asshole, but you are missing some spells.

And this is in the wrong place.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

Seig_2
Regular
Regular

#3 Post by Seig_2 »

I know not finished yet.

AnAngryBearDoctor
Addict
Addict
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Tehw00tz

#4 Post by AnAngryBearDoctor »

Then type it on Wordpad or somethingt then post it.
Backwards E's are badass

Seig_2
Regular
Regular

#5 Post by Seig_2 »

I did moron, you should be smart enough to figure its not finished. :roll:

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#6 Post by jamn455 »

It still should be in the guides and strategy section.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

Seig_2
Regular
Regular

#7 Post by Seig_2 »

Is they're a way I can move it?

AnAngryBearDoctor
Addict
Addict
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Tehw00tz

#8 Post by AnAngryBearDoctor »

I guess now is as good of time as any to start my complete guide line on Scarab

Cenibus Darkshell--Scarab

(Note this complete guideline isn't finished yet)
Backwards E's are badass

Discombobulator
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Karunecm

#9 Post by Discombobulator »

Cenibus Darkshell - A Complete Guideline

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
I'm this forum's MVP.

Seig_2
Regular
Regular

#10 Post by Seig_2 »

Look, I said it wasn't finished so shut the hell up...really. First you bitch at me for not making a "complete" guide to Fm (which im still working on) then when I make a better one you still flame me. Not complete means im I the process of finishing it, but on my time. If you dont like my threads then stay the hell of. This is meant for a person new to Eota anyway, not for you bitching whores to flame.

Not mad at you Jamn, just Doc and Discom.

CryptLord1234
Addict
Addict

Re: Cenibus Darkshell: A complete guideline (Not Finished)

#11 Post by CryptLord1234 »

If you don't want to be flamed, don't write "A complete guideline" as this most certainly is not a complete guideline. Furthermore, contradicting yourself within the next 10 characters is no help.

Like it has been said, type it up in Notepad / Micro. Word. I would then post what I had, and ask for some other opinions. Not put up "A complete guideline (Not finished)." Sounds kinda stupid. And, also mentioned, you're looking to put this in the Strategies and Guides section. This part of the forum is for hero balancing.
"L4D2 promises to set a new benchmark for co-op games. . ." Like L4D promised to hand us new maps, survivors, and zombies? We've seen how that works.

Seig_2
Regular
Regular

#12 Post by Seig_2 »

How stupid do you think people are? they know its not finished. Also even if I would have put "incomplete" they still would have flamed me because they're bitches, they have to whine about something. I don't want to have to change the title all the time from complete to incomplete. I thought I would finish it in one sitting. well, I was wrong, but thats no reason to flame me. we arent talking about first graders here they know exactly what it means. jamn wrote in his guideline NOT FINISHED so why havent they flamed him? (dont mean to pick on you jamn) It has nothing to with format and everything to do with hate. theyre just pissed because we dont agree on everything, so they have to do something about it. also if you really wanted to be helpful you could tell me how--if I can--to put the guideline in the right place.

I dont have anything personal against you crypt, just people that post useless, idiotic flames. please dont give me a reason,

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#13 Post by Perhaps »

Be constructive, these sort of posts will just go to the bottom of the list to never be seen. Do it somewhere more perminent... Like EotA Wiki (Scarab). It will last there, and no one can flame you (kind of). Also if you so do a Wiki entry, make it as factual as possible, which means avoid things like stating "how it should be built," or if you so come down to such a thing, state it as "considerations for novice players."

Am I flaming? If you want it to be, then sure. I find it delivering input, if you ask me. =\

Seig_2
Regular
Regular

#14 Post by Seig_2 »

No, your not flaming. so con you tell me how I move a psot, if its possible?

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#15 Post by Perhaps »

Click the edit button on the bottom right of the post you which to "move". Then when the new page loads, click anywhere where you can type in the post.
Then do this...
[Key press]Ctrl + A (it will select all the text, you'll know when you've done it right)

[Key press]Ctrl + X (it will 'cut' aka 'copy', i suggest this form of copy, since it's more visable)

Then hit the cancel button.

Then go to the location where you plan on 'moving' the post to, click on the area which you can type...

[Key press]Ctrl + V

Then, you're good to go.

As far as moving the entire thread and its replies, that would require a moderator to move it to another forum. Moving it to anywhere other than this forum, such as the wiki or word, you would need to move solid text, which is the method shown above.

Storamin
Addict
Addict

#16 Post by Storamin »

i think you guys have pretty much summed up this one.

/thread