To allow, or not to allow.....the question about gay rights.

A place to talk about non-EotA-related topics.
Ford Prefect
Resident
Resident
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Keilan

Re: To allow, or not to allow.....the question about gay rights.

#176 Post by Ford Prefect »

Dark_Nemesis wrote:
You don't get to talk about science because you don't understand (and refuse to learn about) evolution. You probably have no idea what the word "empirical" means. I honestly wonder if you made it past 8th grade.
So I am suddenly ignorant simply becuase I refuse to embrace a mere theory as science? That is the most bigoted statement I have every read. Congratulations.

There is zero proof for evolution, it is only a theory, and not science. Learn the difference.
Ahem... WRONG!!!

Evolution occurred, this is a fact. The theories of evolution are simply ideas which have been supported by strong evidence that explain how evolution probably came about.

To put this in perspective, gravity is a scientific fact. We know that if we drop something, it will fall. On the other hand, there are a number of theories as to precisely how gravity works, exactly like evolution. So, when you argue that evolution isn't real, make sure you argue that gravity isn't either, they're both scientific fact with theories about how the processes involved work.

I know, this topic isn't about this, but... it doesn't really seem to be about anything, so why not.
Remember to observe Towel Day on May 25th.

DiscombobuIator
Visitor
Visitor

#177 Post by DiscombobuIator »

Ford Prefect wrote:
Dark_Nemesis wrote:
You don't get to talk about science because you don't understand (and refuse to learn about) evolution. You probably have no idea what the word "empirical" means. I honestly wonder if you made it past 8th grade.
So I am suddenly ignorant simply becuase I refuse to embrace a mere theory as science? That is the most bigoted statement I have every read. Congratulations.

There is zero proof for evolution, it is only a theory, and not science. Learn the difference.
Ahem... WRONG!!!

Evolution occurred, this is a fact. The theories of evolution are simply ideas which have been supported by strong evidence that explain how evolution probably came about.

To put this in perspective, gravity is a scientific fact. We know that if we drop something, it will fall. On the other hand, there are a number of theories as to precisely how gravity works, exactly like evolution. So, when you argue that evolution isn't real, make sure you argue that gravity isn't either, they're both scientific fact with theories about how the processes involved work.

I know, this topic isn't about this, but... it doesn't really seem to be about anything, so why not.
Newton's theory of gravity has been proven false btw.

AND WE STILL USE IT.

TAKE THAT, DARKNEMESIS.

Storamin
Addict
Addict
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)

#178 Post by Storamin »

Dark_Nemesis wrote:This thread has went on for what, 6 pages? and 80% was not related to the topic. I may have addressed the issue a little strong, but I still stand by what I believe. Yes, I probably shouldn't have made that topic in the first place, I assumed we could debate issues with sensibilty, guess I was wrong. I'm done posting here, a mod can lock it if he wishes, it's just flames anyway...
Because saying you are better than someone still in high school because of your 1 and 1/2 years of college = sensible debating.

Dark_Nemesis
Addict
Addict
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

#179 Post by Dark_Nemesis »

I didn't say I was better than Wootz.

America!

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Reaper777

#180 Post by Reaper »

[Reaper]