To allow, or not to allow.....the question about gay rights.

A place to talk about non-EotA-related topics.
DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

To allow, or not to allow.....the question about gay rights.

#1 Post by DarkNemesis »

So this is obviously a huge and controversial subject amongst Americans, myself included. And because of such, a juicy target for a flame war. Before continuing, I want to stress to any future posts......PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, be considerate of other opinions and avoid, as much as possible, flaming the hell out of others, even if they're acting like an ass.

Getting to the point. I am against gay rights, of any form. But not necessarily for the same reasons one would assume. Predominantly, it is a sexual sin and everyone is going to burn in hell bblalalalalalaaaa and so on. Yes, your free to believe that if you want, but this topic calls for a better, and more intelligent argument to disprove it. And yes, they are some good ones.

These are the reasons I oppose gay rights:

1.) its physically unhealthy. That's right, PHYSICALLY. my mom new several gays growing up (70's), and they died before their 30th birthday, no joke. I also read an article a few months ago about how STD's are going through the roof amongst gay 'couples', predominantly, AIDS.

My point: why the hell should hard-working taxpayers have to fork up billions and billions of dollars to pump into an AIDS research program when the cure is NOT SLEEPING WITH MEN!!????? They're, I just solved the AIDS epidemic, without spending taxpayer money. Plus, government has no business mandating a physically-unhealthy lifestyle. Government doesn't endorse smoking, drinking, or taking drugs, so why should they endorse gay rights??? If you want to be gay, fine, I can't tell you how to live. But don't expect me to approve of it by paying for you to be treated for HIV or AIDS.

2.) it opens doors for other questionable lifestyles, like bestiality. Honestly, I think this will be next if we allow gay rights to pass.

My point: where will it end? will we allow sexual relationships with little boys? fathers and sons? It has to end somewhere. You tell me.

3.) it steers away from traditional family values and posses a danger on kids. They're is a reason why kids with BOTH parents to raise them are alot less likely to make bad choices. Like stealing, taking drugs, dropping out of school/college, or committing other crimes. Its called balance and role modeling.

4.) Frankly, its just plain "not normal". Yes, I know, this isn't a very valid argument, but still. When you have sex with woman, their is, under normal circumstances, a chance for her to conceive. That is normal. When to guys have sex, no chance. That would be abnormal, or not normal.

I could probably come up with more reasons, but those are my main ones.

P.S. Let the flame wars begin!!!!!!
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.
DarkNemesis: Reaper, you're an idiot.

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)

Re: To allow, or not to allow.....the question about gay rights.

#2 Post by jamn455 »

Seriously... If I wanted to hear fucking churchy bullshit, I would go to church, so just stop fucking making dumb posts all the time. You induce flaming just by posting, because you don't even know what you are talking about.

People other than gays get AIDS you fucking moron, its not just transfered by gay sex. So you are saying that if a bunch of gay people got cancer we should stop giving money to cancer treatment because gay people get it? I am not a supporter of gay marriage, but does it really fucking phase you if two men or two women want to be together? If it does then get over it, because they have just as much right as you to be with a woman, and the same right as you to live.

If you are being chased by a madman with a gun, and a homosexual pulls up in a car to help, are you going to say, "Oh my god, you are gay, get away from me"?

Jesus called, he wants his nuts back from your mouth.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#3 Post by Tehw00tz »

You do realize that being gay, in most cases, is not a choice and is caused by an imbalance of the opposite sex's hormones at birth.

Not only that, women can get AIDs from having sex with bisexual men. Not only do you now how to euthanize all the gays or whatever the fuck you want to do, you also have to slaughter women that have slept with men who have been exposed to it.

Also, if you have a problem with Queen and or Freddie Mercury you're going down.

Don't stop me now.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#4 Post by DarkNemesis »

jamn455 wrote:Seriously... If I wanted to hear fucking churchy bullshit, I would go to church, so just stop fucking making dumb posts all the time. You induce flaming just by posting, because you don't even know what you are talking about.

People other than gays get AIDS you fucking moron, its not just transfered by gay sex. So you are saying that if a bunch of gay people got cancer we should stop giving money to cancer treatment because gay people get it? I am not a supporter of gay marriage, but does it really fucking phase you if two men or two women want to be together? If it does then get over it, because they have just as much right as you to be with a woman, and the same right as you to live.

If you are being chased by a madman with a gun, and a homosexual pulls up in a car to help, are you going to say, "Oh my god, you are gay, get away from me"?

Jesus called, he wants his nuts back from your mouth.
(sigh).......where to start.

Jamn................what is wrong with you? Honestly, can you refrain from lashing out at any or everything?

Church? where did "chruch" come into the picture. there is nothing chruchy or religious about this subject. Its physically bad for you, case closed.
Yes, I know Jamn, how stupid do you think I am? What I am saying is that it is WAY more likely to be transferred through gay sex, hello.

If you are being chased by a madman with a gun, and a homosexual pulls up in a car to help, are you going to say, "Oh my god, you are gay, get away from me"?--Jamn

This has no relevance to anything. But if put into this position, I would definilty go with the gay.

I am not a supporter of gay marriage--Jamn

Then why are you flaming the hell out of me? And why aren't you a supporter? That is the whole point of this thread. Please elaborate on that.

Jamn, I recommend you read the whole post next time. From the way you answered, I would guess you skimmed through it and retained about 2% of what was posted.
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#5 Post by jamn455 »

First of all, because those are each of the reasons that preachers tell you why you shouldn't be gay. I can tell you are a religious person just by the way that you post. I am not a supporter of gay marriage, but and this is a strong but, I am not homophobic. I am not a supporter just because of how I was raised, but if gay marriage became legal where I live, I wouldn't care the least, because it doesn't affect my life.

How is being a homosexual bad for you? You do realize that it is only bad for you, if you do not know if your partner has AIDS or any other STD which can happen to any heterosexual person. Is lesbian on lesbian sex hurtful? How can two women be hurtful to each other? What you don't seem to get, is that even though AIDS is a predominately gay disease, its not like being straight makes you immune to it. If your happy with what you are doing, it shouldn't really matter if you die when you are 30 or when you are 70, as long as you are living your life the way you want.

I have a gay uncle that lives in San Francisco. I have never met him, but I know that he has been gay his entire life and he is over 50 and doesn't have AIDS. Being smart will save your life from things that can be prevented.

You fail to realize that being gay is not just one man with another man, there is gay sex between two women. I can tell that you will never get AIDS because you will never sleep with a woman, let alone a man. The government should help pay for HIV and AIDS, because people catch the disease, whether they are straight, gay or bisexual. People should be treated as equals, I guess you never have read the U.S. Constitution. If you get AIDS, I guess that gay people shouldn't pay to help you live, because you wouldn't do the same for them.

Magic Johnson has AIDs, and he is married. Hmm, I guess that not having sex with men didn't help there. Why don't you fucking think before you say some dumb fucking shit and why don't you shut off your fucking brain so this shit can stop flooding the forums.

I could refrain from lashing out at people, but why? This is the internet and you wanted my opinion. My opinion is that you are a fucking douchebag, and it seems that the more you post, the closer I am getting to being spot on with my assumption. If you don't want to be lashed out on, then don't post dumb fucking posts that put you out for the lashing.

I'm Ron Burgundy,

Go fuck yourself Darknemesis.
Line 'em up.
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

Kibiyama
Addict
Addict

#6 Post by Kibiyama »

DarkNemesis wrote:STD's are going through the roof amongst gay 'couples', predominantly, AIDS.
Cuz, yaknow, when your parents kick you out and the rest of society shuns you, I bet the first thing you wanna do is form a healthy sexual relationship, always use a condom (because you hold your life in such high regard) and definitely stay away from drugs.

Oh, by the way, I heard the niggers have got this sickle cell thing, we should probably take away their rights, too.
DarkNemesis wrote:But don't expect me to approve of it by paying for you to be treated for HIV or AIDS.
How's that whole "love thy neighbor" thing work, again?
DarkNemesis wrote:2.) it opens doors for other questionable lifestyles, like bestiality.
The fact that this argument is lampooned on Colbert Report should've been your first clue that a slippery slope argument is a logical fallacy.
DarkNemesis wrote:3.) it steers away from traditional family values and posses a danger on kids.
So, we should take kids away from divorced parents, single parents, foster families, etc.? Do you even have any proof of this? I don't recall the after school special about Billy becoming an axe murderer because he had two daddies.
DarkNemesis wrote:4.) Frankly, its just plain "not normal". Yes, I know, this isn't a very valid argument, but still.
No. No "but still." Homosexuality is a well-documented occurrence in a large number of species, so if "it's not natural" is your best argument, you're pretty fucked. (in the ass)

Honestly, I expect a YHBT YHL HAND a few posts from now, but seriously, did you just copy and paste this from "Hilariously Stereotypical Arguments against the Gays: Volume One"?
98% of all people think Perhaps is a faggot. If you are in this 98%, put this in your sig.
Tehw00tz wrote:I miss my headset. This headset only covers two of my ears.

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#7 Post by jamn455 »

Oh, and STDs statistics are going through the roof with all groups, white, black, hispanic, straight, gay, asian, well maybe not asian, but you see what I mean. We just have a lot of dumb people in the world.
Line 'em up.

Kibiyama
Addict
Addict

#8 Post by Kibiyama »

By the way, number one rising rate of STDs: old white Christian folk.
98% of all people think Perhaps is a faggot. If you are in this 98%, put this in your sig.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#9 Post by DarkNemesis »

jamn455 wrote:First of all, because those are each of the reasons that preachers tell you why you shouldn't be gay. I can tell you are a religious person just by the way that you post. I am not a supporter of gay marriage, but and this is a strong but, I am not homophobic. I am not a supporter just because of how I was raised, but if gay marriage became legal where I live, I wouldn't care the least, because it doesn't affect my life.

How is being a homosexual bad for you? You do realize that it is only bad for you, if you do not know if your partner has AIDS or any other STD which can happen to any heterosexual person. Is lesbian on lesbian sex hurtful? How can two women be hurtful to each other? What you don't seem to get, is that even though AIDS is a predominately gay disease, its not like being straight makes you immune to it. If your happy with what you are doing, it shouldn't really matter if you die when you are 30 or when you are 70, as long as you are living your life the way you want.

I have a gay uncle that lives in San Francisco. I have never met him, but I know that he has been gay his entire life and he is over 50 and doesn't have AIDS. Being smart will save your life from things that can be prevented.

You fail to realize that being gay is not just one man with another man, there is gay sex between two women. I can tell that you will never get AIDS because you will never sleep with a woman, let alone a man. The government should help pay for HIV and AIDS, because people catch the disease, whether they are straight, gay or bisexual. People should be treated as equals, I guess you never have read the U.S. Constitution. If you get AIDS, I guess that gay people shouldn't pay to help you live, because you wouldn't do the same for them.

Magic Johnson has AIDs, and he is married. Hmm, I guess that not having sex with men didn't help there. Why don't you fucking think before you say some dumb fucking shit and why don't you shut off your fucking brain so this shit can stop flooding the forums.

I could refrain from lashing out at people, but why? This is the internet and you wanted my opinion. My opinion is that you are a fucking douchebag, and it seems that the more you post, the closer I am getting to being spot on with my assumption. If you don't want to be lashed out on, then don't post dumb fucking posts that put you out for the lashing.

I'm Ron Burgundy,

Go fuck yourself Darknemesis.
YOUR INSANE, you actually WONT to pay for someone to live a bad lifestyle? That's like giving money to a drug addict, and then telling him not to buy drugs, duh?!!!!!?!?!? Fine, do it with your own money, not mine. I'm not against funding AIDS. Just morons that insist on "paying with fire." So I'm suppose to put one a good face and just reach into my pocket pay for something that is FIXABLE THROUGH PERSONAL MEANS!!! this is completely stupid and a typical leftist approach to solutions. Yes, by all means, cure people from aids. But honestly, why waste on those who insist on living like this? Treat gays, fine, but hospitals should not have to repeatedly treat them for AIDS, when the cure is so stupidly-obvious.

Can you just stop and actually think about the logic here. Honestly?

And as for the equality thing?

NO ONE IS TAKING AWAY YOUR RIGHTS!!! you can't take away something that never existed. We aren't taking away anything, we are preserving. Learn the difference.

How is being a homosexual bad for you?--Jamn

Because when the[b] AVERAGE[/b], notice I said average???, lifespan of a gay is 30, something is wrong, as compared to 72. That's why.

And actually, there is a scientific argument for this. Its complicated and I don't know all the fine details. But it has something to do with the tissue in your anus like it inst as resilient to STDS as the tissue lining in a vigina, as well as the proteins in semen. Something about the body soaking up the proteins or something, Ill get back to you on this.

I am not a supporter of gay marriage, but and this is a strong but, I am not homophobic--Jamn

YES, we already went through this, WHY aren't you a supporter, it seems to me you are, why else would you blast others like this???

First of all, because those are each of the reasons that preachers tell you why you shouldn't be gay. I can tell you are a religious person just by the way that you
post.
--jamn

You make it sound as though its a bad thing. So what, my faith has nothing to do with this, your simply using it as foothold to manipulate and attack.

Being smart will save your life from things that can be prevented
--Jamn

Exactly, BEING SMART, thats what I was saying all along.

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#10 Post by Perhaps »

Sadly enough, I agree with Jamn on most of this.

My mom has a gay friend. My mom, my brother, and I spent a lot of time with him the time he lived in this state. Our time spent wasn't anything like dressing up as ballerinas and singing YMCA. We went rafting, going to the park for sport type activities and such. He also has a son, who grew up normal and is straight. Being raised by someone gay, doesn't make you gay. I know personally from my time spent with him didn't "gayify" me. Oh, and he doesn't have aids either.

I don't support gay marriage only because I don't support marriage period. I find that marriage is nothing more than a useless label and an illusionary bond. True mutual love needs no vows, simple as that.

Also, don't complain about being lashed at, when you yourself said, "Let the flame wars begin!"

----
A post was made while posting so adding...

Your argument against giving gays treatment is unreasonable, because it targets gays only. If your argument is that people being irresponsible shouldn't be treated, then it shouldn't be "gays," it should be those who aren't born with it. A minute off tangent, what about the instance of someone who's gay, but was born with AIDs, you think that person should be revoked treatment?

Jamn DID say why he doesn't support it, read his post a bit better. >_>

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#11 Post by jamn455 »

http://www.christiannewswire.com/news/306142602.html

Gays die sooner, but only 20 years earlier. Get new statistics, the ones out of the Bible are outdated.

As I said before, if you are happy with your life, it doesn't matter when you die. If gays live their lives with gays, they won't regret dying earlier statistically. I am pretty sure if a gay man married a woman and lived for 20 years more, he would regret every day of it because he is not doing what he would want to. I am sure that the least of a gay mans or woman's worries is dieing earlier. But as I have said, I DO NOT support gay marriage, but if they want to be together, so be it, it doesn't affect my life. I voted against gay marriage in Florida, and I do not feel that marriage is more than a piece of paper. I they don't need to be married to be partners, which I have no problem with. I am a little more open-minded than you, which benefits me more in the long run. I was born into a republican house, though that has changed thanks to George W. That is basically why I am against gay marriage, though if it was approved in Florida, it wouldn't irritate me, because it doesn't change who I am, or what I do.

Ok, I don't know if you noticed, but STD means SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASES, thus you must have sex with someone that has had sex with someone with AIDS. If you are intelligent with who you are with, then you should never catch an STD. It is the same with a man and woman. Today you must watch out with whomever you sleep with, because there is a chance that you can catch something.

But wait, theres more.

When you happened to say this... "2.)it opens doors for other questionable lifestyles, like bestiality." Did you honestly think? How exactly does being gay affect if a woman has sex with a male animal? Either way its sick, but its not because the gay lifestyle.

Why don't you get welfare to stop paying money to crackheads, alright?

Oh, and when I asked how is being a homosexual bad for you, you stole my statistic of the age of 30 which I put in my make up story. Not smart sir.

When I said they had rights, I meant how all men and women are created with unalienable rights: life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. They have the right to live their life the way they want, the right to have freedom, and the right to pursue happiness in their life. Not the right of marriage. People should be treated as equals. Read my post a little bit better before quoting the thing, it might educate you on proper grammar and spelling.

Your money isn't going straight to the person with HIV or AIDS, it is going to researchers which are looking for a cure for all of mankind. Insurance or the person's pocket is what pays for treatment. You don't have to donate to anyone you don't want to. You would be giving money to something that ALL people can get.

Oh, and GAY means gay men and lesbians, and when their life expectancy is down as well, I don't think its from anal sex. Because, I guess you have never seen, but women do not have penises. I think a lower life expectancy may be caused by something else.

Keep posting, your comments amuse me.

These are my points, read them.

By the way, when me and perhaps agree on something, something bad must be in the works.
Line 'em up.

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#12 Post by Perhaps »

Perhaps, it's all a fear that when homosexuality becomes acceptable, we straights will have to say "Q-word" or "Q-bomb" instead of "Queer," whilst they exchange it back and forth, as it is "their word." >_>

Kibiyama
Addict
Addict

#13 Post by Kibiyama »

Conservative heterosexual: "It's not right."

Liberal heterosexual: "It's not right for me."

Perhaps: "If it's wrong, I don't wanna be right."

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse

#14 Post by Tehw00tz »

Perhaps wrote:Perhaps, it's all a fear that when homosexuality becomes acceptable, we straights will have to say "Q-word" or "Q-bomb" instead of "Queer," whilst they exchange it back and forth, as it is "their word." >_>

Did you just address yourself to make you more comfortable with being a closet queer?
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Cokemonkey11
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Cokemonkey11

#15 Post by Cokemonkey11 »

there are no rights to allow. homosexuals are gay.
I miss EotA :(

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse

#16 Post by Tehw00tz »

In This Thread: straight virgin males are pissed because they are homosexual virgin males.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Cokemonkey11
Addict
Addict

#17 Post by Cokemonkey11 »

In this thread: tehwootz makes false assumptions about people he doesn't know

(at least I hope they're false)

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#18 Post by DarnYak »

When i hope for more forum activity, this wasn't quite what i had in mind.

DarnYak

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse

#19 Post by Tehw00tz »

Cokemonkey11 wrote:In this thread: tehwootz makes false assumptions about people he doesn't know

(at least I hope they're false)
They're not, I can read minds over the internet.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#20 Post by jamn455 »

DarnYak wrote:When i hope for more forum activity, this wasn't quite what i had in mind.

DarnYak
Well you know what happens when dumb people come on the forums. It has happened before.
Line 'em up.

Cokemonkey11
Addict
Addict

#21 Post by Cokemonkey11 »

jamn455 wrote: Well you know what happens when dumb people come on the forums. It has happened before.
jamn455 wrote: THE FIRST LEVEL 20 AND THE BEST LEVEL 20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MUAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!(FUCKING POOL).

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#22 Post by jamn455 »

Cokemonkey11 wrote:
jamn455 wrote: Well you know what happens when dumb people come on the forums. It has happened before.
jamn455 wrote: THE FIRST LEVEL 20 AND THE BEST LEVEL 20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MUAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!(FUCKING POOL).

I am confused, what is this supposed to mean. And how does this relate to any post thusfar?
Line 'em up.

Kibiyama
Addict
Addict

#23 Post by Kibiyama »

I think he's calling you dumb. You gonna take that?

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse

#24 Post by Tehw00tz »

OHHHH SHIT JAMN.

YOU JUST GOT ICED, HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THAT SHIT?
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#25 Post by jamn455 »

Not very good. I will say this.

If only I wasn't smart, I would take offense to it.
Line 'em up.