THE HATE ONE CAPS.

A place to talk about non-EotA-related topics.
Perhaps
Retired
Retired

THE HATE ONE CAPS.

#1 Post by Perhaps »

Why must there be a hate on caps lock? Caps lock allows us to utilize the wonderful nature of disambiguation of our lettering styles with greater of ease. ILLADIN is so much easier to look at than Illadin for many of lettering styles. Some say it looks like "yelling," but if it was yelling, isn't that the point of the exclamation point? Putting that aside, in any case, if doing all capital letters is wrong then so is Engineering and Architecture.

"THIS IS NOT YELLING."
"This is yelling!"
RATHER THAN HATE, EMBRACE.

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Re: THE HATE ONE CAPS.

#2 Post by Tehw00tz »

WHY THE FUCK DO I STILL CLICK ON YOUR GOD DAMN THREADS
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Storamin
Addict
Addict
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)

#3 Post by Storamin »

Kibiyama
Addict
Addict

#4 Post by Kibiyama »

My textbook has a good answer to this exact question.
Textbook for User Interface Design wrote:ALL CAPITALS TAKE UP 30 PERCENT MORE SPACE ON THE PAGE. THEY SLOW READING SPEED BY ABOUT 15 PERCENT. THEY ARE ALSO BORING. PEOPLE'S EYES GLAZE OVER, AND THEY TEND TO STOP READING. IN EMAIL AND ON THE WEB, PEOPLE THINK YOU ARE SHOUTING AT THEM WHEN YOU WRITE IN ALL CAPITALS.

All capitals take up 30 percent more space on the page. They slow reading speed by about 15 percent. They are also boring. People's eyes glaze over, and they tend to stop reading. In email and on the web, people think you are shouting at them when you write in all capitals.

Which did you read?

The traditional explanation for why all capitals are more difficult to read is that the shape of a word in lowercase give us more information than the shape of the same word in all capitals. The letters that stick up (have "ascenders"; b, d, f, for example) and the letters that go down (have "descenders"; g, p, y, for example) give words different shapes. Those differences in shape are present in lowercase letters but not in capital letters.
flashlight.jpg
flashlight.jpg (22.37 KiB) Viewed 2294 times
But mainly, Perhaps is a faggot.
98% of all people think Perhaps is a faggot. If you are in this 98%, put this in your sig.
Tehw00tz wrote:I miss my headset. This headset only covers two of my ears.