Needed in almost all maps

A place to talk about non-EotA-related topics.
Perhaps
Retired
Retired

Needed in almost all maps

#1 Post by Perhaps »

function EndTheGame takes nothing returns nothing
    call CustomVictoryBJ( GetEnumPlayer(), false, false )
endfunction

function GameVictory takes player p returns nothing
    call DisplayTextToForce( GetPlayersAll(), GetColoredName(p)+" has won!" )
    call PolledWait(5)
    call ForForce( GetPlayersAll(), function EndTheGame )
endfunction
//this isn't in code format because I wanted to bold the important parts of it.

Code: Select all

function Trig_Leaver_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
    call DisplayTextToForce( GetPlayersAll(),  GetColoredName(GetTriggerPlayer())+" has left the game." )
endfunction

//===========================================================================
function InitTrig_Leaver takes nothing returns nothing
    set gg_trg_Leaver = CreateTrigger(  )
    call TriggerRegisterPlayerEventLeave( gg_trg_Leaver, Player(0) )
    call TriggerRegisterPlayerEventLeave( gg_trg_Leaver, Player(11) )
    call TriggerAddAction( gg_trg_Leaver, function Trig_Leaver_Actions )
endfunction

Code: Select all

function Trig_GameSpeedLock_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
    call SetGameSpeed( MAP_SPEED_FASTEST )
    call LockGameSpeedBJ(  )
endfunction

//===========================================================================
function InitTrig_GameSpeedLock takes nothing returns nothing
    set gg_trg_GameSpeedLock = CreateTrigger(  )
    call TriggerAddAction( gg_trg_GameSpeedLock, function Trig_GameSpeedLock_Actions )
endfunction

Kibiyama
Addict
Addict

Re: Needed in almost all maps

#2 Post by Kibiyama »

We get it. You learned JASS. Go learn C++ and don't come back until you can tell me in detail what the performance implication of const and mutable are, especially when dealing with an RAII class.
98% of all people think Perhaps is a faggot. If you are in this 98%, put this in your sig.
Tehw00tz wrote:I miss my headset. This headset only covers two of my ears.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

#3 Post by DarkNemesis »

My brother knows C++, does that count?
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.
DarkNemesis: Reaper, you're an idiot.

Kibiyama
Addict
Addict

#4 Post by Kibiyama »

Not unless your last name is Stroustrup.
98% of all people think Perhaps is a faggot. If you are in this 98%, put this in your sig.

Cokemonkey11
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Cokemonkey11

#5 Post by Cokemonkey11 »

someone wanna explain all the posts after this first to me?
I miss EotA :(

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#6 Post by DarkNemesis »

Not unless your last name is Stroustrup.

Stroustrup?
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)

#7 Post by jamn455 »

Cokemonkey11 wrote:someone wanna explain all the posts after this first to me?
So you want everyone that posts after you to explain their post?

Explanation: I can not see what you are trying to say in your message, nor can I comprehend it, thus I have done what I think it is you wanted. Have fun with this explanation. Also, Perhaps thinks that we care that he wrote some code down, but we don't. We just don't want to burst his bubble where he is all knowing and is always right.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bjarne_Stroustrup

Wiki is all knowing.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#8 Post by Perhaps »

These are things that should be in most maps. -_-

Granted EotA has leaver detection and display. However there's a lot of maps that don't. What EotA doesn't have is victory ( , false, false) for all players when it's over. Meaning when some retard goes AFK you can't get your game name back for a very very long time. And yes game name matters for join frequency, it really shouldn't make a different, but people make it a difference and so such is. This isn't the only forum I post in. >_>

Cokemonkey11
Addict
Addict

#9 Post by Cokemonkey11 »

jamn455 wrote:

Explanation: I can not see what you are trying to say in your message, nor can I comprehend it, thus I have done what I think it is you wanted. Have fun with this explanation. Also, Perhaps thinks that we care that he wrote some code down, but we don't. We just don't want to burst his bubble where he is all knowing and is always right.

Wiki is all knowing.
This was the answer I was looking for, but regardless perhaps is right, so why be a dick to him?

Kibiyama
Addict
Addict

#10 Post by Kibiyama »

Cokemonkey11 wrote:why be a dick to him?
Your newness is painfully obvious.

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#11 Post by Perhaps »

I won't be so high headed to claim "I know everything" about programming, in which case, I don't, and would have very far to go. Am I showing off now that I recently got into JASS? No. I'm not really doing anything different than I normally do, which is suggesting things, the ONLY difference is I've added JASS to the explanations.

In any case, Cokemonkey11, that name looks painfully familiar, did you work on/edit Pokemon World, Final Fantasy Tactics (AoS), or Wildeness Surival?

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#12 Post by Tehw00tz »

So what is "I am so the sexy" supposed to mean?
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#13 Post by DarkNemesis »

The thing I love most about threads is they have a terribly-predictable knack for flying off on meaningless and often unnecessary tangents. Such as Perhaps talking about some computer program or crap that few understand, including myself. Or Kibiyama dissing Coke about an editing thingy in some other game. If that doesn't suit you, you can always read the plethora of more-than-likely flames that will probably ensue after this post, most of which will likely be directed towards me for adding to the stupidity and randomness of this thread.

Kibiyama
Addict
Addict

#14 Post by Kibiyama »

Meta-thread?
Meta-thread.

I found the thread late at night. I was delighted to have discovered an opportunity for some good old-fashioned flaming. But I was even more delighted to demonstrate how superior I am to Perhaps, in every conceivable way.

The method of flaming I chose was an oldie, but a goodie. Initially, I was just going to challenge him to tell me the performance implications of mutable in C++. The keyword is usually a more obscure feature of the language, even to people who know it pretty well. But to really raise the intellectual bar above his grasp, I decided to contrast it with const and throw in the relatively unimportant acronym RAII. (Resource Acquisition Is Initialization)

It was pretty much color-by-number from there on. It flowed pretty well; even the new guys were pretty tolerable. Then someone had to comment on the thread itself, and there you have it.

Meta-post: I'm not sure what made me want to continue down this path, but it seemed like as good a direction as any to proceed with the derailment. I'm spending too much time on it, though, and I'm beginning to doubt anyone will want to read this wall of text. But in a way, that's sort of the point.

Cokemonkey11
Addict
Addict

#15 Post by Cokemonkey11 »

Perhaps wrote:I won't be so high headed to claim "I know everything" about programming, in which case, I don't, and would have very far to go. Am I showing off now that I recently got into JASS? No. I'm not really doing anything different than I normally do, which is suggesting things, the ONLY difference is I've added JASS to the explanations.

In any case, Cokemonkey11, that name looks painfully familiar, did you work on/edit Pokemon World, Final Fantasy Tactics (AoS), or Wildeness Surival?
No none of those

Laser_Wolf
Regular
Regular

#16 Post by Laser_Wolf »

If you're worried about the game name, because someone is still using it, you can just put a "!" or two or even a space at the end. It seems like a lot of work to have to modify the code.

If it's not broke don't fix it.
I go by the name of Lazar_Wolf.
I am not a tailor.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#17 Post by DarkNemesis »

jamn455 wrote:

Wiki is all knowing.
Oh, so thats the guy.

You programmers too Jamn? Kibiyama?

Kibiyama
Addict
Addict

#18 Post by Kibiyama »

DarkNemesis wrote:You programmers too Jamn? Kibiyama?
I am, I don't think jamn is. I work at a small business at the airport, basically maintaining old code and sometimes writing new stuff. I'm working on getting a new job with a studio that just makes new software. I'm also double-majoring in game design and software engineering.

Cokemonkey11
Addict
Addict

#19 Post by Cokemonkey11 »

do you get cheap liquor for being in a tax-free zone?

Kibiyama
Addict
Addict

#20 Post by Kibiyama »

Cokemonkey11
Addict
Addict

#21 Post by Cokemonkey11 »

airports are tax-free zones and as such the shops there do not need to pay the same liquor taxes as a normal shop would...

theoretically hard alcohol should be ~30% cheaper

Kibiyama
Addict
Addict

#22 Post by Kibiyama »

Well, I don't work in the main building, so I'm not even close to the shops. Besides which, I'm pretty sure the duty-free zone is only after you've gone through security. I'm also underage, but mneh.

Also, alcohol's a stupid drug. I never understood why a depressant is our (legal) social drug of choice.

Storamin
Addict
Addict

#23 Post by Storamin »

Kibiyama wrote:Well, I don't work in the main building, so I'm not even close to the shops. Besides which, I'm pretty sure the duty-free zone is only after you've gone through security. I'm also underage, but mneh.

Also, alcohol's a stupid drug. I never understood why a depressant is our (legal) social drug of choice.
oh goodness. you are missing the point of college. :o

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#24 Post by DarkNemesis »

Kibiyama wrote:Well, I don't work in the main building, so I'm not even close to the shops. Besides which, I'm pretty sure the duty-free zone is only after you've gone through security. I'm also underage, but mneh.

Here Here.

Kibiyama
Addict
Addict

#25 Post by Kibiyama »

Storamin wrote:you are missing the point of college.
Oh no I ain't. I'm playin POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLE POSITION