[FIXED] Enkindle

Report bugs.
CryptLord1234
Addict
Addict

[FIXED] Enkindle

#1 Post by CryptLord1234 »

It appears that being killed as Emberwraith when you just activated Enkindle crashes the game. At least, I got a fatal error when that happened. I'm not quite sure what happened; perhaps it was in the process of executing the trigger when I died, but it crashed when I used Enkindle right before dying.

Yes, it is necessary to say that I was pretty stupid to wait that long to Enkindle, as I'm expecting a first couple flames for responses.
"L4D2 promises to set a new benchmark for co-op games. . ." Like L4D promised to hand us new maps, survivors, and zombies? We've seen how that works.

Furion
Resident
Resident

Re: Enkindle

#2 Post by Furion »

i tried to reproduce that, but it doesnt seem to work for me.

it was singleplayer though
Let our last stand burn a memory so bright it will be remembered FOREVER!

-Artanis

Kalrithus
Addict
Addict
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Roflfax

#3 Post by Kalrithus »

Error has been noted previously, it doesn't happen every time but smokecloud is one of the abilities that causes a fatal error, and it does not require enkindle to be active.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4 Post by DarnYak »

Kalrithus wrote:and it does not require enkindle to be active.
I'm not sure that's been verified, but I don't think it does. If anyone goes a game with ember without ever activating it and still getting a crash, please let me know.

DarnYak

Rockness
Visitor
Visitor
Battle.net name: Rockness
Ignastio

#5 Post by Rockness »

I had a game crash with Emberwraith I have confidence Enkindle was responsible as the only time I saw it active was when I killed him and it crashed.

This has actually happened on several occasions, although at first I was under the impression that dying while channeling Pyroclasm was the catalyst but during the aformentioned game I killed him while Pyroclasm was channeling twice and nothing happened, not even lag, Enkindle was not active those times.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

#6 Post by DarkNemesis »

Couldn't find the other thread were Yak wanted us to keep track of crashes. had a crash with Ember on Stormwail, killed him with Pestilence. Didn't get the report, sorry. Just thought I'd let Yak know.
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.
DarkNemesis: Reaper, you're an idiot.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

#7 Post by DarkNemesis »

Had another crash on Storm with Ember.
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.
DarkNemesis: Reaper, you're an idiot.

Kalrithus
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Roflfax

#8 Post by Kalrithus »

Confirmed that enkindle does not need to be active to cause the crash