Talent Balance

Raise concerns about balance.

Moderator: Mills

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Talent Balance

#1 Post by DarnYak »

Looking for feedback on the various talents, as only a few of them (ie swoop) have been mentioned so far. Also looking for ones that are overpriced, underpowered, or generally worthless.

DarnYak

Gilles
Visitor
Visitor

Re: Talent Balance

#2 Post by Gilles »

I find the talent for the Arcane Archer's ultimate (the water elementals) to be pretty useless. It's fine when you first get your ultimate, but later it's just pointless. I would suggest making more than one level of the talent. I'm guessing that she's not done at all (she has three).

The Arcane Mistress is pretty balanced, although I don't understand what the extra haunts do. So does each one do 20 per second? That would be too good, and from what I can tell they don't. Does the tooltip update? I would think it would be too much effort to do that.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#3 Post by Dekar »

All summons should have a duration to prevent massing.
10 shardlings can destroy the towers of top/bottom outpost on storm due to siege dmg, hero armor and massive hp.
AM talents effecting their innate are just worthless. Remove duration increase, make chance and control cheaper and add a talent that spawns better skelettons (maybe with increased duration if that should somehow turns out to be useful ).
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

Gilles
Visitor
Visitor

#4 Post by Gilles »

Dekar wrote:AM talents effecting their innate are just worthless. Remove duration increase, make chance and control cheaper and add a talent that spawns better skelettons (maybe with increased duration if that should somehow turns out to be useful ).
Or add one for the exploding shots, or silencing. For the silence, perhaps longer duration, or something to do with draining mana? For exploding maybe something like the meteor skill, a burning ring after the initial damage. Or you maybe any units killed by it also can be turned into skeletons?

Konnar
Regular
Regular

#5 Post by Konnar »

I agree with dek on AM's talents on skeletons
Heartstop : 25 crystal for a very rare instant death on a possibly already damaged creep, meh.
I thought trample was mostly aesthetical
Enhanced pilfer talent not worth it either, if you compare your total amount of gold stolen to the amount of crystal it requires. I suggest attaining 25% in 3 levels or 2.

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Reaper777

#6 Post by Reaper »

swoop doesn't seem bad without the talent purchased.
[Reaper]

Quadratic
Wanderer
Wanderer

#7 Post by Quadratic »

Though the High Oracle looks to be incomplete as far as talents go, I must say that the talent affecting clairvoyance seems to be useless, as clairvoyance already has no cooldown. The talent affecting ki blitz isn't as bad, but relative to the talents of other heroes, doesn't seem to have as significant of an impact. Though admittedly, ki blitz is first and foremost a healing spell, so I'm not completely sure about that one.

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Reaper777

#8 Post by Reaper »

I think ki blitz needs to be improved a bit. Aside from that it looks pretty damn cool and I buy it for the aesthetically pleasing graphics alone
[Reaper]