1.11 Bugs go here

Learn about and comment on the next version of EotA in development.
DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

1.11 Bugs go here

#1 Post by DarnYak »

Even if you talked to me in game/channel, post them here so I have a check list please.

-s doesnt work for any hero, dont bother posting it =P

DarnYak
Last edited by DarnYak on August 13th, 2006, 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ion
Communist

#2 Post by Ion »

PLIGHT

• [FIXED] Tooltip for "Stonegaze" unavailable.
• Terra Smash (-s) command not working.
• [FIXED] Terra Smash tooltip does not show the strength/agility or intelligence modifier, so I don't know what the fuck to upgrade.
Ion.

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#3 Post by mianmian »

UD have no upgrades

-Gush seemed to work, dunno if it did damage, to buildings didnt get a chance to test.
-The heal move, worked, but it didnt stop channeling so I assume it goes on forever [30s, not a bug]
-Nemesis, units summoned, but merge didnt work, nether did detonate(the 1st skill!)
-[NO BUG]the Hero debuff worked, dunno about evo damage, but I think so
-[INTENDED] Zen Arrows worked, but my mana Regen didnt work while it was on

[FIXED]By the by, I think I had low stats? or something, since my mana regen was total shit, It would take me 2-3 mins to regen 100mana, I could barely cast spells, low ass HP too.

Thats about it for this game

[FIXED]EDIT: I could get my Ult at level 1 for Naga

[NO BUG]TACT: Promote dosent say the new # of units it upgrades when you use talents.

Sorrow Lord

[FIXED] -All the aura's work, BUT, if you have 1 aura equipped, you have to use the other auras twice to equip it, once to remove the current aura, then after CD to equip the other aura, annoying :P
[NO BUGS FOUND]-Fear works, but only targets like 3 units?[tests show it working with unlimited units]
[FIXED]-MS works, cept Auto-cast only uses the debuff, dosent do extra damage. [Not really fixed, but it'll try to prevent autocast]
[FIXED] -Royal Guard, still has a bugged Summon Beetle tooltip

Now the Ult. Shadow Bastion is a useless piece of crap IMO :p
[INTENDED]1. Right-click dosent move it, you have to click Move[m] to move it
[INTENDED]2. It has a attack animation, even though it does no damage [It has an attack, just automatic, although it can attack while moving]
[NO BUG]3. Teleport works,
[NO BUGS FOUND]4.Order Unit dosent seem to
5. Whats the purpose of this? I can see hiding my hero in it, but it cant run away, and he dosent get XP inside of it :P [Looking into exp fix]

Incarnation:
[FIXED] -Avartar you can get every 5 levels instead of every 10, Lifesteal dosent work, nether does Undead Domination, wich seems sorta useless?
[FIXED] -Avatar also has no mana cost.
[FIXED] -Remorseless dosent work at all :P
[FIXED] -Mark of the Reaper dosent seem to work sometimes, its weird, Im not getting mana back for sure.
[FIXED] -Dark Altar is healing about 5-6 times what is supposed to, maybe 3-4 but way way too much, I drop it, and 10 seconds later I've gained 600+HP, btw this is at level 1 :p AT level 2 its supposed to me 72+int*0.35, and its healing me for 1k+, level2 :p
[FIXED] -Gravebind still has the Entangling Roots tooltip, and it dosent do damage.

[INTENDED] EDIT: Is the gargoyles stonegaze supposed to petrify allies too?[/i]

[FIXED]EDIT: Prince Rue's Mortal Strike dosent affect Mend healing (on the SB)

[FIXED]EDIT:For Quietus, his innate has the (R) hotkey, when it should have the (Q) hotkey
Last edited by mianmian on August 16th, 2006, 2:56 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Ion
Communist

#4 Post by Ion »

IVARHEM

[WORKING]• Betryal doesn't work, period.
[FIXED]• Execute doesn't deal damage, but the climax and the movement stuff works out.
[FIXED]• Immortal's Grip's tooltip explains nothing.
[FIXED]• Swipe doesn't deal any damage.
• Plunder's tooltip explains nothing and the spell also doesn't work.
[FIXED]• Distrct's tooltip explains nothing and the spell itself does nothing.
[WORKING]• Vampiric Bite doesn't work.
[FIXED]• Shadowveil's tooltip still uses the base "Wind Walk" information
• Mirage, doesn't work.
[FIXED]• Pyroclasm's damage doesn't work at all. The tooltip also doesn't explain exactly what it does.

I think that's it. Void's Grip I didn't test, but the rest seemed to work fine.
Ion.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#5 Post by Dekar »

Fenris

[FIXED]Hamstring doesn`t work, no debuff.

Ion
Communist

#6 Post by Ion »

[FIXED]You forgot the underline noob!
Ion.

AlienFromBeyond
Resident
Resident

#7 Post by AlienFromBeyond »

[FIXED]Gloom = Death :P.

[FIXED]Stonegaze + Terra Smash both say "Channels powerful warding magic."

[FIXED]Terra Smash has no cooldown.

[FIXED]Crypt of Lost Souls tooltip says it spawns itself.

[FIXED]Footmen are called Default string.

-s doesn't work for any Gargoyle skills, even Hell's Fury which has it's modifier listed in the tooltip.

[FIXED]Speaking of Hell's Fury, the tooltip for the gargoyle spells it as Heals Fury ;).
Last edited by AlienFromBeyond on August 13th, 2006, 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

de-cross
Visitor
Visitor

#8 Post by de-cross »

defiler:
[FIXED] exaustion disappeared @ skill lvl 6
[FIXED]skill that removes % life/mana didn't worked (or wasn't good enough to disable mana/heal reg^^)
[BUFFED]nuke is hilarious
[FIXED] ultimate was lvl 1 forever

naga:
[NERFED]heal=> looks like soul strike + majorly overpowered
spell to summon whisp => two whisp = special whips doesn't works
ultimate lags as hell^^

[Nephilim] nephiblabla:
[FIXED]items trigger skill changes
+ many many skill doesn't have discriptions... especially the ults~~
AoE damage nuke wasn't doing any (or much) damage

Lich:
[FIXED]Remorsless is bugged
Last edited by de-cross on August 14th, 2006, 11:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut

#9 Post by Dekar »

Plight

[INTENDED] Drive does not debuff. [Incorrect tooltip]

genrap993
Visitor
Visitor

#10 Post by genrap993 »

Sarrow Dude

[FIXED]The evo aura and magic aura dont work
[FIXED]Royal Guards tooltips has 0 zeros for lvl for the tooltips
[FIXED]Shadow Bastion has no tooltip and what is it also suppose to do

Sancdar
Wanderer
Wanderer

#11 Post by Sancdar »

Naga:

Heal: is it supposed to heal the listed damage for each ball every second, or what? It lasts forever, and multiple balls can strike one unit, so with a level 2 heal I was out-healing Harpy's level 2 ult. [As tooltip states, the number given is the total healing for the 5 balls per second (so at level 1 each ball is (20 + 0.4 x Int). Duration doesn't last forever, but has been reduced]

Summons: last forever +short cool = zomg. The higher level ones were crazy good when massed. I think around 16-20 of the level 6 ones could take down the level 60 Ice Spinner, thanks to their complete spell immunity, armor, and decent HP.

Geyser: Drops units outside the map if used too near the edge, units can be hit normally while airborne (can they hit back?), "screen issues" according to other team, not for me. Also, VERY powerful vs. towers, especially considering the early availability and the non-channelling nature of the spell. Doesn't always seem to cast where you target it, possibly because it picks a selected unit to target? Airborn lasts far too long so being able to hit wont be an issue when fixed. Unit specific targetting removed

Slow: Drops like 8 agility instead of the listed 48, lasts way the fuck too long for a 70% slow. Countered by AM pot, I guess, but also short cooldown.

Zen Arrows: only imba because of her slow, in my opinion, but others in the game said it was too good. Frankly, there's no reason not to go full int with her, so she doesn't really have mana problems and thanks to her heal she doesn't have health problems either.

---

Harpy: I assume it's intentional that Swoop doesn't interrupt channelling at close range.

---

Ascendant: Terra Smash doesn't say it deals more damage closer to the center, although it appears to. It can't target buildings alone, but will damage them if they are in the AoE when it DOES go off. When cast on an area, it looks like it picks a selected unit to target and goes for that one, even following it around in order to cast.

kevin.mentor
Wanderer
Wanderer

#12 Post by kevin.mentor »

Incarnation

remorsless while not doing what it claims, will cause fear sometimes atleast level 2 and up, even to heros.

Avatar: I have stolen 2 skellys so far, one from an arcane mistress and one from a blighted skull, but ya, what is the point? Isn't that all the undead other then what is on your side? Can't be sure if the life steal is working or not. [The steal rate might be a bit too low, but the point is meant to be a minor bonus in a package of bonuses]

[FIXED]Dark altar is way to strong usually, it may be bugged as a focused lich's health bar is playing ping pong while the spawns were long since fully healed. But then the way I read it it dosn't matter which side the corpe comes from. So even at level one every time something dies everything gets over 70 life.

Soul bind, well tool tip atleast is wrong, I don't think 24 second stun at level 2 is quite right, 3+ it claimed 36.
Mark of the reaper/ rend soul seem to be fine.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut

#13 Post by Dekar »

Plight

Drive can be used while netted.

EDIT:
[WORKING]Defiler: His chain plague only hits 2 instead of 3 additional targets and the damage it shows if killing a unit is equal to the killed units hp befor it was killed, so it seems like he deals only very low amounts of damage.
And maybe it stops if the affected unit runs too far away from the casting point, but that could just be my imagination.

[FIXED]The Deathknights auras work, but often they dont activate after the first cast, instead the old aura is removed and you are left without any aura.
EDIT END I hope you dont overlook my edit :o
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

de-cross
Visitor
Visitor

#14 Post by de-cross »

Nephilim:
[INTENDED]-betrayal is intended to leave the player allied to red/blue?
-has two times duskslash instead of the other skill
[FIXED]-Pyrocasmn doesn't works (always 0 damage)
-you said plunder is bugged so I just belive you =P
-mirage doesn't works
[WORKING]-distract... I have no fucking clue what this does so I can't say if it works or not=P at least... I didn't noticed anything happen to the allied unit I casted this on
[WORKING]-spellblind see above

The Death Knight:
[FIXED]-it appears that the aura's have the same problem as decoy ... if you move right after casting them they don't start

genrap993
Visitor
Visitor

#15 Post by genrap993 »

I know u most likly didnt put the ai spell uses in yet, but when played with Nephilim, he keeps casting the mirage spell every time he gets damaged

Also Plight uses his innate when used with by a comp- Can you maybe

increase the time of the images by .5 secs or 1

Sorrow's despair's keeps the same time and only effects about 2 units at all lvls
Also is mortal strike suppose to have a auto-cast, if it does mortal strike doesnt work when it is on

AlienFromBeyond
Resident
Resident

#16 Post by AlienFromBeyond »

I'm sure most of these are old from previous test versions, but I felt that I should post them anyways so you know that they're there.

Icespinner

[FIXED]Brain Freeze is subtracting 8 Int at every level, not just level 1.

[FIXED]Related to the above bug I assume, Frozen Thoughts only gives 4 Int no matter the level of Brain Freeze, I assume because 50% of 8 is 4 and Brain Freeze is always doing -8 Int. In addition, levels 2 and 3 of Frozen Thoughts are not giving additional Int. I would still get 4 Int from Brain Freeze, instead of 8 and 12 as I should have respectively.

[FIXED]In the tooltip for Brood, do you think you could put a note on how many guys you get out of it. As far as I can tell it picks a random number from 1 to X, where X is your level of Chill Sacrifice

Dread Shaman

-s doesn't tell you how much damage per second Cleansing Totem does to summoned units, nor how much damage Fire Nova Totem does when it explodes.

Arcane Mistress

[FIXED]Longevity says it increases the duration of Dark Minions to 70 seconds. Should this be Skeleton Warriors, the ones created by her Restlessness Aura?

[FIXED]Skeleton Warriors still have boxes as if they can benefit from upgrades, but they benefit from the old Wc3 upgrades of Unholy Strength and Unholy Armor.

[INTENDED]I heard that Abyssal Flux makes a bloody explosion effect when it happens, but I never saw it. I have seen numbers appear next to the Phantasms that appear to be double their damage. I assume this is how you know when Abyssal Flux occurs? Perhaps the color should be changed a bit, the purple is kind of hard to see.

[NOT FIXED]Sometimes the Phantasms from Infernal Binding like to stick around. Not sure what the cause is, but it seems it might be being stunned or otherwise immbolized right on casting of IB.

[NO]Will the AM now turn over to the UD side now that they're implemented?

Fenris

[FIXED]Hamstring doesn't work, no debuff.

[NO PROBLEM FOUND]Dream Leap kind of works. I don't think it actually gets better with more levels in it, and I'm positive it doesn't take into account higher levels of Dream Run.

I've rarely seen Terror work. Low chance of working in the first place and then decreasing chance as they have more health means not many die even when your surrounded.

That's all I noticed with all the Creep heroes. I'll make another post later on when I feel like going through all the HE heroes.

EDIT:
Rune Knight
Hazard Slash damage isn't shown on -s

Blazing Priest
[FIXED]Fervor says Knights and Footmen have a 10% chance to gaiin additional fire damage.

[FIXED]Not really a bug, but a bit of confusion over the Fervor talent. The way I read it is that units under the effects of Kindle Faith get an ability similar to that of Storm Blades, but with fire instead. What seems to be happening though is that it uses the percent chance to give Knights and Footmen fire damage, and if they get it they get to keep it.

Arcane Archer
[NO BUG]The classic "Fiery Craters makes Meteor Swarm not stun!". [Can't find a way for this to be remotely possible. If stun is broke, its related to something else besides crater]

Aeromancess
The waves of Tempest seem to start out a bit from the actual hero, though it appears that units directly in front of the the hero still take damage. Bit confusing when I first used it.

-s doesn't work for Tempest, does for Hold Person.

Soul Binder
[UNCHANGED]Rend still seems to rape towers more than I remember it doing, and more than I think it should be. I do like the mini Entrap Souls effect you put on it, makes me much more willing to cast it.

We'll see whether I feel up to the challenge of trying out the UD stuff myself. Everyone else seems to have them pretty well covered.

kevin.mentor
Wanderer
Wanderer

#17 Post by kevin.mentor »

Sorrow Lord, only what not listed as fixed yet.

[FIXED]Auras: Seem to activate only if they feel like it, tried the one idea of making sure he wasn't about to move, but no luck sometimes. Also, while they go up in levels when you put points into them, they revert to level one as soon as you attempt to activate a diffent one.

[FIXED]Fear: currently only sure that the tooltip isn't correct, not sure what the effect of more then one point is(slightly larger aoe?). [Duration]

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut

#18 Post by Dekar »

[FIXED]Owl Charms only adds 1 int, didn`t checked the other charms.

We played against Comps on Candleburg and managed to permanently capture their bottom mill.

Hammel
Addict
Addict
Location: The other side of the world... wait, the world is flat, right?

#19 Post by Hammel »

Mills on candle are strange anyways. Happened to me once before in T5, too, that we didnt get it back.

-Ham

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut

#20 Post by Dekar »

Candleburg:

High Elves Upgrades:

General Upgrades:
[FIXED]Armor affects "All Units", the other affect "All units"
Melee Upgrades:
[FIXED]Tunderclaps description:

Goblin Upgrades are reduced to the Engine Upgrade (As you cant train Goblin units you dont need any of them, or not?).

Most of the errors are the same with Creeps.

Edit:

[FIXED]Tremor still broken.

Runeknight:
[FIXED]If you skill Grandrune, your Imbued Equipment level becomes the same as your grandrune level.
Last edited by Dekar on August 16th, 2006, 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

kevin.mentor
Wanderer
Wanderer

#21 Post by kevin.mentor »

Plight:

Not sure if these two are bugs or intended, but...

[INTENDED]Is terra smash supposed to do full damage to buildings?
[INTENDED]And is he supposed to be immune to mind fog?

[FIXED]Also, just so Dekar dosn't have to go and check, all the charms only add one to the stat they are to boost.

Hammel
Addict
Addict

#22 Post by Hammel »

[FIXED]I am not absolutely sure, but it may be that Prince Rue's auras levels work normally although the level number seems screwed. At least for fatality aura, the damage was always fitting the level.

-Ham

Sparda963
Site Admin
Site Admin
Battle.net name: Sparda963

#23 Post by Sparda963 »

[FIXED]Brainfreeze is still stuck at lvl 1.

[NO BUG]Sheeping is broken, mass tricksters on cadle sheeped the same target over and over again.[Nothing I can do to fix this really]
It's not rape if you yell surprise!

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#24 Post by DarnYak »

Note I added my own comments in italics in the above posts if you made any posts.

Update regarding attribute modifyign skills (Brain freeze, etc.):

Just incase anyone is wondering, every single one of these is broke in Test6. The cause isn't really my fault..turns out there's two versions of attribute bonus (one the hero skill you see in almost every map, the other used for items). I was using the item version..turns out it doesnt work with multiple levels, where as the hero based one does (which is strange becuase they look to be the exact same skill at first glance). The only fix is to make new skills that do the same thing (no problem since there's only 5 or 6).

I should also note that the mortal strike auto-cast problem unfortunatly won't go away, instead I'll forcibly turn off autocast (or change the base spell, but I don't really want to do that either)

Rue's aura's are a total mystery to me, and as such I'm redoing the whole system. The whole "move or you don't get the effect" rumor isn't possible, it has something to do with the aura's conflicting with each other, WC3 doesnt like me trying to take shortcuts obviously.

DarnYak

Hammel
Addict
Addict

#25 Post by Hammel »

I just wanted to add that Nephilim's ultimate Betrayal works, I once had an Aero hold a betraying AA... it just doesn't force units to attack them, so it is hard to notice.

Still False Alliance doesn't work (I think)... the enemy hero just keeps attacking you.

-Ham

EDIT: I remember something like Dispell not killing the Wraiths summoned by the Haunt talent, but I am not 100% sure... can you check that?

EDIT 2#: To me, Ivarheim, the Nephilim is severely strong... Think of this:

Blastwave --> slow, damage
Attacks while slowed--> Damage
Pain --> Stun and dmg
1 attack --> dmg
Scorch/Execution... Damage or ultra-damage and stun, together with pulling into a better position.
Shred --> high damage
Adrenaline --> Attackspeed and movementspeed
attack a bit more and chase

If the enemy isnt dead by now, just start again at the beginning since the spells are cycling through. Maybe the exact combination is random the first time, but still... afterwards you can just think of a nice como to kill anything.

Add in all the other skills he can use in need, that is healing, mana regen, ultra-heal, Mirror images, melee damage return etc etc. With blastwave and that melee AoE nuke he is good at farming and well... you get what I mean?

Tanks get out-nuked and ranged heroes get stunned and Executed (you can pull them to your towers because they get hit to where you started)... and I didnt need the damage by Execution to reach these interesting results... Shred right afterwards was enough.

EDIT 3#: I suppose you always get that combination and when the spells keep just cycling like it is now, this is... insane.

[INTENDED]EDIT 4#: ~~ Betrayal leaves the computer heroes allied to blue/red... while anything else may be a bit strong/lame, that is unlogical... and makes the skill way weaker. [Unallying blue/red completely fucks up so many things]

EDIT 5#: Either the UD units are weaker than the other ones, or the AI sucks so much that they always lose bases (especially top and bottom as red).