Teleporting Generator

Submit hero or skill concepts for critiquing and potential implementation.
Hammel
Addict
Addict
Location: The other side of the world... wait, the world is flat, right?

Teleporting Generator

#1 Post by Hammel »

I suggest adding a generator you can teleport to (or use Recall/Dark Summoning with the teleporting conditions, =6 seconds not attacked), so that you can get to key-points more easily.

Make the generator cost 3 energy, but teleporting itself is free (or cost only 50), since the generator itself costs gold and the energy could be used for other generators.

-Ham

Shadow.M4L
Resident
Resident

#2 Post by Shadow.M4L »

Would be awesome if you manage to build it near the enemy base, and i mean real close to it.
Or having them near important shops, or other points.
I like the idea of this "Recall" Generator maybe building a "Portal" Generator with that you can create a Portal where units can walk trough.

Hammel
Addict
Addict

#3 Post by Hammel »

Portal=imba because it simply owns the backward obs on Storm.

Important shops=bad because anyone can kill them before you get there.

Close to the enemy base: Why not.

-Ham

Elle
Visitor
Visitor

#4 Post by Elle »

Perhaps give it limited uses, then it gets destroyed once it reaches its limit or something? :roll:

Hammel
Addict
Addict

#5 Post by Hammel »

Since it got no defence mechanism and needs to be placed in forward positions, it may get killed quickly anyways, so I vote against limited uses and death... but maybe a long CD, like 2 or 3 minutes.

-Ham

CryptLord1234
Addict
Addict

#6 Post by CryptLord1234 »

Hrm...It sounds interesting, but think about a Command Tower and redirecting the creeps through it...If you can get through to build the generator, skip the other outposts and attack the main base. Maybe limit the range of the teleport? (This is assuming it's a 'portal'-ish generator, not a summoning one.)
"L4D2 promises to set a new benchmark for co-op games. . ." Like L4D promised to hand us new maps, survivors, and zombies? We've seen how that works.

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#7 Post by Tehw00tz »

How about adding teleports to the mills on Candleburg, like on your alter, except for the controlers of the mills, because instead of walking all the way across that huge map.(=D)
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP