1.11 Progress?

Learn about and comment on the next version of EotA in development.
Unrest
Wanderer
Wanderer

1.11 Progress?

#1 Post by Unrest »

I've posted on WC3ModForge a few times over the past... who knows how long. Mostly just to report a couple small typos and I think a bug one time, otherwise my only real post was praise to DarnYak and to thank him for everything that EotA is (I still wish you would let me donate countless monies). This map is a real testament to why it is important for developers to provide tools for the community--apparently some devs just "get it"... and unfortuntately, some do not.

Anyway, I know, I know, I know I'll probably get berated or punched in the throat for even bringing this up, but I was wondering if we could get even an elusive indication of how close 1.11 is to being made public. I have been so excited about this for so long--I'm always shiver with a silent exuberance every time there is an update for EotA, because the new content, fixes, etc. are always so meaningful and polished. I think it's been quite some time since 1.10 was made available; either that, or I'm just a really impatient arse--or both--but, I just keep hearing about all this ridiculous crazy stuff that 1.11 is going to include, and it makes me want to tell really beautiful women about it. (...and we all know how that would turn out).

So, anyway--any insight whatsoever as to maybe even a variable percent of completion for 1.11. 10%? 27.1%? 99.999~%? :)

Please don't hurt me for asking.

Thanks again, and sorry for the moment of weakness. I'll understand if you choose to CTRL-ALT-DELETE me or whatever.

Sorry about my face,

Unrest

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#2 Post by mianmian »

/punches in throat

Ok, kidding aside :p

Yak said test6 sunday (tday! yay) for clannies, to help him test, and since he basicly revamped a lot of Eota, i have no idea how long, but just saying we finally got some progress :) and I needed to finally post here

Hammel
Addict
Addict
Location: The other side of the world... wait, the world is flat, right?

#3 Post by Hammel »

Depending on how stuff (AA meteor crates) works, and whether Yak wants to implement UD, it can vary from 20% to 90% I guess (I am guessing a lot lately)...

Actually, I shouldnt reply here since I don't have a clue, but I am missing my posts so well...

-Ham

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#4 Post by mianmian »

H4m, yak so no UD :(
biggest disappointment ever :P

AA meteor craters work fine as of test5 you know....

Hammel
Addict
Addict

#5 Post by Hammel »

With crates meteors don't stun anymore and cause massive lag (or did it have another source? Dunno atm). Still, no stun=bad since you won't deal a lot of damage to heroes anymore then.

And I will never stop hoping for UD and always mention them again. I promise.

-Ham

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#6 Post by mianmian »

Errr I think I was stunning with them int est5 Ham, this was on candle, and we had 0 lag :P so GG! muahahaha

Hammel
Addict
Addict

#7 Post by Hammel »

Me and Furion experienced them not stunning when having Crates upgraded so I am pretty sure they dont stun (after some level?).

-Ham

Ion
Communist

#8 Post by Ion »

He made the Undead.

No more is needed to be said.
Ion.

Hammel
Addict
Addict

#9 Post by Hammel »

Didn't know that Ion... heard of it just today in another thread (who is evil numer 3)... but now it actually looks good, depending on how they work.

-Ham

Strychnyne
Addict
Addict

#10 Post by Strychnyne »

They are awesome. I've played one hero, and I am in love. I'm even going to Ion's house to steal his computer so I can play for like three hours straight. I'll see you online! Maybe...

Hammel
Addict
Addict

#11 Post by Hammel »

I hope so... and I love them, too.

Especially since I think they are imba. Prince Rue's melee nuke, Fatal Blow or something, deals 550 damage on level 4 or 5 (+29 str, not too much crystal used), reduces healing and together with Fatality Aura, finished the hero off is quite easy :/ (you just have to run after him and the aura does the rest, sometimes).

-Ham

CryptLord1234
Addict
Addict

#12 Post by CryptLord1234 »

Despite the fact that I'm not in the EotA clan, (Belong to another), I suffer from the same impatience as Unrest. Waiting..."Patiently"...for 1.11...

Unrest, you're not alone. (Feel free to take out your throat punches on me.)
"L4D2 promises to set a new benchmark for co-op games. . ." Like L4D promised to hand us new maps, survivors, and zombies? We've seen how that works.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#13 Post by DarnYak »

CryptLord1234 wrote:Despite the fact that I'm not in the EotA clan, (Belong to another), I suffer from the same impatience as Unrest. Waiting..."Patiently"...for 1.11...

Unrest, you're not alone. (Feel free to take out your throat punches on me.)
In short, Test6 is out (as most people know). Test7 is little more then a bug fix for test6. Once that's checked, which shouldn't take more then 2 days, 1.11 will come out in release.

DarnYak

Hammel
Addict
Addict

#14 Post by Hammel »

Why don't you add some more UD heroes? ;)

Btw, will the upgrades for the UD be in?

-Ham

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#15 Post by mianmian »

Yak said upgrades for UD will be done for release :p

He said something about 8 heroes for release, but he dosent mind having 6(what there currently is)
-= I am the Grand Hammer =-
-Lithium flower

Hammel
Addict
Addict

#16 Post by Hammel »

Didnt see him post anything about UD ups so I asked.

But when he says "T7 will be bugfixing and last before release", I doubt there will be 2 more heroes (when looking at Nephilim bugs oO)

-Ham

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#17 Post by mianmian »

ya I know h4m, he said that before all the bugs were reported, but it would be nice :)
-= I am the Grand Hammer =-
-Lithium flower

Ion
Communist

#18 Post by Ion »

I like hammers. Hammers I can throw AT YOUR FACE WHEN I'M ANGRY T_T
Ion.

CryptLord1234
Addict
Addict

#19 Post by CryptLord1234 »

DarnYak wrote:In short, Test6 is out (as most people know). Test7 is little more then a bug fix for test6. Once that's checked, which shouldn't take more then 2 days, 1.11 will come out in release.

DarnYak
...Very nice.
"L4D2 promises to set a new benchmark for co-op games. . ." Like L4D promised to hand us new maps, survivors, and zombies? We've seen how that works.

Unrest
Wanderer
Wanderer

#20 Post by Unrest »

DarnYak wrote:In short, Test6 is out (as most people know). Test7 is little more then a bug fix for test6. Once that's checked, which shouldn't take more then 2 days, 1.11 will come out in release.

DarnYak
/wets himself and dies

Hammel
Addict
Addict

#21 Post by Hammel »

*evades Ions hammer attack, goes into Blitz and stabs Ions back*

And btw, yes, I would also like to have more UD heroes because the progress after Yak leaving (when he gets around to it in the end) is doubtful... from my humble point of view.

-Ham

Elle
Visitor
Visitor

#22 Post by Elle »

DarnYak wrote: In short, Test6 is out (as most people know). Test7 is little more then a bug fix for test6. Once that's checked, which shouldn't take more then 2 days, 1.11 will come out in release.

DarnYak
*is still waiting*

Elrath of the Els
Wanderer
Wanderer

#23 Post by Elrath of the Els »

Jebus Yak. jebus.

CryptLord1234
Addict
Addict

#24 Post by CryptLord1234 »

Eh, give him a break...He could've...NOT told us. That probably would've been better than getting us all psyched up. :P

Unrest
Wanderer
Wanderer

#25 Post by Unrest »

CryptLord1234 wrote:Eh, give him a break...He could've...NOT told us. That probably would've been better than getting us all psyched up. :P
I couldn't agree more. Being in IT, I know when a developer gives a time frame to usually assume he forgot to add a zero to the end of the value.

I'm more than happy to wait if it means the end result is better. However, in the defense of those who aren't quite as patient: just remember that they're just really excited too. If their intentions aren't ultimately positive, then I fail to see why they would be frequenting these forums at all in the first place.

...but really, the point is that we should all just give Yak a break and let him do what he wants when he wants. In all fairness, he owes us nothing. It's not like he's compensated for his time in any way (or that he will even accept compensation--I know first-hand, having offered).

Ok, so now that I've made a forum post that truly accomplished nothing, I can mark it off my list of life-long goals. Next on the list: to play 1.11. :)

Horray,

Unrest