1.12 Bugs and Replays go here

Learn about and comment on the next version of EotA in development.
DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

1.12 Bugs and Replays go here

#1 Post by DarnYak »

See topic.

DarnYak

Elreth
Resident
Resident

1.12 Test 1 Bug Thread

#2 Post by Elreth »

Post any bugs here for now.

Emberwraith:

[FIXED]Tooltip for Brain Boil has a comma in it "0,1" (presumably instead of a .).
[FIXED]Brain Boil takes almost all their mana instead of an appropriate amount.

Rune Knight:

[NP]Tooltip for Hazard Slash doesn't mention AGI.

Gravel:

[FIXED]Shardlings appear in ungodly numbers and their damage/armor increases with Gravel's upgrades up to rediculous amounts of siege.

Harpy:

[FIXED]Extra swoop knockback seems pretty excessive...
Last edited by Elreth on February 23rd, 2008, 11:10 pm, edited 6 times in total.

aegir ravenking
Resident
Resident

Re: 1.12 Bugs and Replays go here

#3 Post by aegir ravenking »

[FIXED]Scarab's new ulitamate only the heal and +to damage work.
Formerly known as kevin.mentor.
Darlocks and Psilons forever!

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)

Re: 1.12 Test 1 Bug Thread

#4 Post by jamn455 »

[FIXED]No -s values for Martyr.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

AlienFromBeyond
Resident
Resident

Re: 1.12 Test 1 Bug Thread

#5 Post by AlienFromBeyond »

[FIXED]The health bonus from Gravel's talent doesn't seem to work, at least not on him.

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Reaper777

#6 Post by Reaper »

I merged elreths 1.12 bug topic with this one. seemed redundant, perhaps.
[Reaper]

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#7 Post by Dekar »

[FIXED]Hero selection doesnt reflect skill changes.
[FIXED]Taunting treants do not regenerate.
[FIXED]A tree on Stormwail, Southeastbase ( iirc ) should be removed because newly spawned heroes cant be seen because of it,
[FIXED]Scarabs ulti shows duration 0.
[FIXED]Scarabs ulti deals no immolation damage.
[FIXED]Bloat talent deals no damage ( lvl 3 abb, triple buffed ).
[FIXED]Revitalize does not add hp regen to Mana Rush.
[FIXED]Infs new blink does not turn you invisible. A little sfx for the evasion etc would be nice, too.

Comments on already mentioned stuff / non bugs:

[NEEDS TESTING]Scarabs healing wave damage talent can also hit towers.
[FIXED]Swoop should be able to knockback several screens if you find an unblocked path, without much distance to charge.
Hazard Slash with 300 agi goes over a zoom2500 screen. ^^

Some heroes will definitly get must have talents, e.g. 30/40/50% evasion with aiding winds.
Related to this I can see myself building crystal gens again.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#8 Post by Perhaps »

[FIXED]Time Cleric's stun after phase talent doesn't work.

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Soulbourne-Destroy all imitators...

#9 Post by Soulbourne »

Gravels shardlings are funny on Kedges....just stand in the fire and you get a personal army to throw against the bases. So even if he goes suicidal, by the time it's maxed, that death is gonna leave quite the little army beating on you. Won Kedges by level 5....single-player, but still. 360 crystal usage too....they cost food?
Click here to help growth.

Sarcasm is conveyed often times by tone of voice. Since writing does not have definite tones because of different views, I suggest we from now on color sarcasm blue as in other forums.

Please come here and click each egg...

randomd00d
Regular
Regular

#10 Post by randomd00d »

Yeah, gravel generates WAY too many shards. Its more like 1 every 75 damage instead. Each one eats energy which is extremely annoying as it will disable your generators due to the energy spike.

Maybe instead give them a life duration bar to prevent massing? Then, pump the shards a fair amount, but correct the shard generation to the correct levels.

CryptLord1234
Addict
Addict

#11 Post by CryptLord1234 »

The Shardlings, as has been said, need some serious beating with the nerfstick. My suggestions:

A)Add a summoning bar, like a Water Elemental. They only live for X seconds, then die. This would need to be combined with something else, though.
B) Lower Damage and/or Armor and/or HP. Something definately needs to be lowered here.
C) Slap a limit of how many can be on the map at one time.
D) Increase the damage that Gravel has to take to make a Shardling. This'd have to be combined with something else
E) Make a (relatively high) % chance that Shardlings can be made, instead of 'when Gravel takes X amount of damage', make it, 'when Gravel takes X damage, he has a Y% chance to make a Shardling.
F) Lower movement speed / make them have a bigger area. May not seem really viable at first, but if they're slow, they block themselves and their allied heroes/creeps from moving forward. This would require some work with a different choice, too.

Anway. That's that for the Shardlings. That's the only really big problem I noticed.
"L4D2 promises to set a new benchmark for co-op games. . ." Like L4D promised to hand us new maps, survivors, and zombies? We've seen how that works.

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#12 Post by jamn455 »

The shardlings are not considered a bug, they are a balance issue. Putting them in a different topic would suit this case better.
Line 'em up.
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#13 Post by A_New_Dawn »

jamn455 wrote:The shardlings are not considered a bug, they are a balance issue. Putting them in a different topic would suit this case better.
The point is though, they need fixing...

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#14 Post by jamn455 »

[FIXED]The point is this is a bug topic, the only bug with shardlings is that they use energy, other than that, it is a bunch of balance issues.
Line 'em up.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#15 Post by DarnYak »

jamn455 wrote:The shardlings are not considered a bug, they are a balance issue. Putting them in a different topic would suit this case better.
Considering they spawn hundreds to thousands of times faster then intended, that's most certainly a bug. So far as I can tell, they spawn everytime grav takes damage after the initial minimum damage.

DarnYak

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#16 Post by jamn455 »

I was just saying that all of the things stated could not be slated as bugs, I personally have not used the talent, so I have no idea what is going on, it just seemed as I read through everything that some of them looked like balance issues.
Line 'em up.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#17 Post by DarnYak »

I should have also said i'm more or less ignoring balance issues till test2. Some might get changed, but more likely obviously weak ones will be buffed then op ones get nerfed.

DarnYak

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#18 Post by A_New_Dawn »

So talents are the main focus then? I mean whats left if you don't fix balance issues? Not that the heroes desperatly need them, although some do (Oracle, Defiler, Lich.) and new heroes are further down the road...doesn't seem like they're would be much left other than balancing.

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Reaper777

#19 Post by Reaper »

How about bugs? Talents that don't work at all, etc. That's what test1 is for, as yak said.
[Reaper]

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#20 Post by DarnYak »

Some talents were left out of Test1, as were a few other changes i intended to add. Making more graphics is also part of my focus (keeping it to a minimum but some are nessary). Might replace a few more skills still, but saving most that for b.

DarnYak

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#21 Post by A_New_Dawn »

Reaper wrote:How about bugs? Talents that don't work at all, etc. That's what test1 is for, as yak said.
This is true Reap, and probably occuring, but you'd think fixing bugs wouldn't take too long or be very difficult, then again, I'm not making EotA and thats a probably a good thing. The main thing is that Yak will pull through and deliver another great version, he always does.

Strychnyne
Addict
Addict

#22 Post by Strychnyne »

[FIXED]HotM doesn't affect units anymore. I had all talents upgraded, so I'm not sure what caused it. Also, shardlings get your heroes weapon/armour upgrades, though that might be intentional.

[FIXED]When Dream Leap activates there is no cool down on Dream Run.
[FIXED]Dire Howl says "x damage dealt for y seconds.." as well as the percent to miss for enemies going to 0% after level 1, as well as the duration on heroes and units being at 0.
[FIXED]While Dream Run looks REALLY nice now, you went overboard with the items. I know you don't want me abusing healing salves, but now he can't use items at all. I think it's intentional, but I don't think it should be.
[FIXED]-s values for Lunge say 0, I hadn't upgraded Knockdown yet.
[FIXED]Knockdown affects ethereal heroes.
Dire Howl's buff interupts Orb of Fury's effect, as does Frailty.
[WORKING]Either I'm really unlucky or Dire Howl doesn't kill units. Even if it does, it's % is not high enough to make a difference.
[WORKING]Dream Run appears to reset the duration of effects on the hero after he exits Dream Run, though it could just reset the blinking that occurs when time is almost out and not the total duration.

-h/esc was pinging Corpse Trap I think... It was showing the purple player where he wasn't. Looked like it was pinging a banshee (lockstep maybe?) but when the IS walked through it stopped. I think I saw a mine go off then too.

[FIXED]Command towers are disabled by something? A bug caused by test mode

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#23 Post by DarnYak »

Strychnyne wrote:While Dream Run looks REALLY nice now, you went overboard with the items. I know you don't want me abusing healing salves, but now he can't use items at all. I think it's intentional, but I don't think it should be.
Explain more please, I don't quite understand what's happening.
Command towers are disabled by something?
Doesn't show up as buildable, or what?
This is true Reap, and probably occuring, but you'd think fixing bugs wouldn't take too long or be very difficult
Bugs are generaly very quick to fix, unless they're too difficult to pinpoint the cause. Sometimes that happens, and it can take weeks of extensive testing to explain. I don't forsee that happening with the ones listed so far.

Current delay is a mix of me spending time on getting graphics to look right (i'm very slow at developing graphics), and not working on it at all (other things have been occupying me)

DarnYak

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#24 Post by A_New_Dawn »

Graphics are half the coolness of EotA!

Strychnyne
Addict
Addict

#25 Post by Strychnyne »

[FIXED]Harpy's hero description still shows Evasion and not Raptor.

Cloud is causing Ghouls to miss.

1. I should stop posting bugs at early hours of the morning, that shouldn't be in bugs. Basically, you can't use items while running. You used to be able to use healing salves because you were off on some corner of the map, thus allowing you to get a free heal on the run. I think you should at least be able to use items while running.

[FIXED]2. My hero was level 36 and it said I required level 20 to build a Command Tower, with the option still greyed out.