Kedge and Moontears

Learn about and comment on the next version of EotA in development.
DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kedge and Moontears

#1 Post by DarnYak »

As we all know, the current system of moontears for Kedge is flawed. Thus I want to change it. The system I'm considering to replace it follows:

- Moontears will spawn at midnight, as before. They will come in an eggshell of sorts which must first be destroyed before you get to the actual Moontear. This shouldn't take too long to destroy, the important part is if you're fighting on top it it becomes a concious decision when to open it or not.

- Once destroyed it is instead a normal item, to be picked up and carried by the hero (no more wagons). Not tradable...on death it might transfer to the killer, or just drop on the ground (undecided).

- The tear needs time to develop. Well, not time exactly, but experience gained by the hero holding it (no afking in the base - invisibility will also negate growth). I don't know exactly how much exp so far, but I belive it should take about 5 mins.

- Once developed, the tear automaticly converts into a tower core, and whatever other bonuses it may or may not get.

- There might be a time limit, ie it will be destroyed when a new moontear comes into play

Thoughts/comments welcome. Constructive critisim only, I'm going to go on a post deletion campaign if I start seeing worthless flames.

DarnYak

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

Re: Kedge and Moontears

#2 Post by A_New_Dawn »

I love the idea.

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Reaper777

#3 Post by Reaper »

Better system than any of I have tried to think of. Don't see any real problems with it. I would suggest drop on ground upon death, though.
[Reaper]

Laser_Wolf
Regular
Regular

#4 Post by Laser_Wolf »

I see a possible problem. If a team got an advantage in spawns/tower cores couldn't they just take the Moontear and drop it in their base repeatedly so that they could maintain said advantage? Or something similar where they keep either team from getting tower cores, instead of risk losing it while trying to gain experience.
I go by the name of Lazar_Wolf.
I am not a tailor.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#5 Post by Dekar »

Invis potions solve. Just steal it.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

Meckross
Regular
Regular
Battle.net name: Meckross on all realms

#6 Post by Meckross »

The idea that the moontear needs certian requirements to actually become one is great.

Makin in an item would also open the possibility to make it spawn randomly. Letting a meteor fall that kills everything near it .. leaving the unfinished tear behind.

Maybe you could also change it so its not an item that hatches or somehin but rather you get a moontear shard that needs to be delivered to the temple the waggons drive to now. Once a team collects enough a tear gets finished... tower core created whatever.

So basicly there is a meteor dropping every few mins containing a shard. So its a constant rush to watch the lines and look out for a dropped meteor to catch a shard.
That would also fix the problem that every match focuses on the right line if the meteors drop all over the middle area of the map.

Story is that the Apocalypse is near. So a semi permanent meteor storm would fit in the story too. Makin not one meteor drop but a few all over the place (only one containing a shard) would be a lookin nice too.
This post contains graphic scenes of extreme violence and explicit language. Due to its adult nature I ask that anyone under the age of 18 please cancel the reading process immediatly !

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Soulbourne-Destroy all imitators...

#7 Post by Soulbourne »

Shards from the moon containing crystal-like objects of power? Sound like Skies of Arcadia: Legends....great game...never quit made it to silver gigas though....or the evil silvite...friend bought the game before I could.

But anyways, maybe make it take 7-10 shards to create a moontear, have like 3-6 meteors drop on map, focused around the middle but extending farther back so control gets you most, but gives other guys a chance? Maybe have them as a stackable item of power that gives minor stat boost but there's an increasing chance to go boom due to collection of power....Ya, after boom they drop it and the other guys could pick them up and deliver them to there temple....
Click here to help growth.

Sarcasm is conveyed often times by tone of voice. Since writing does not have definite tones because of different views, I suggest we from now on color sarcasm blue as in other forums.

Please come here and click each egg...

Meckross
Regular
Regular
Battle.net name: Meckross on all realms

#8 Post by Meckross »

Was just an idea of mine yaks was completly different ^^ so wait what he says to it.

The meteor showers that occur should be throughout the map, but the one containing a shard should only drop in the neutral zone between the 2 camps.

A meteor should to some dmg ... stun for a sec ... maybe leave some flaming residue for a while with a bit of aoe dmg. Would be interesting since the heros with troop heals would suddenly become even more useful.

Dunno if showers like that are possible without causing too much lag though.

Even if not the fact that the tear or part of it drops in randomly in the neutral zone would keep the game competitive even if one team is on the loosing side, since one hero can always slip by the troops to catch one of the shards. Also removes that "MUST CONTROL RIGHT LINE" zombielike behaviour you need to have on kedges atm.
This post contains graphic scenes of extreme violence and explicit language. Due to its adult nature I ask that anyone under the age of 18 please cancel the reading process immediatly !

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Soulbourne-Destroy all imitators...

#9 Post by Soulbourne »

That behavior also causes lose on the newbish team that don't listen when you say help right. And check out last map in Orc campaign on reign of chaos. It has periodic infernal reigns on it, fairly large map too.
Click here to help growth.

Sarcasm is conveyed often times by tone of voice. Since writing does not have definite tones because of different views, I suggest we from now on color sarcasm blue as in other forums.

Please come here and click each egg...

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#10 Post by DarnYak »

Laser_Wolf wrote:I see a possible problem. If a team got an advantage in spawns/tower cores couldn't they just take the Moontear and drop it in their base repeatedly so that they could maintain said advantage? Or something similar where they keep either team from getting tower cores, instead of risk losing it while trying to gain experience.
They would have to die in their base, as the item will be no drop.
So basicly there is a meteor dropping every few mins containing a shard. So its a constant rush to watch the lines and look out for a dropped meteor to catch a shard.
That would also fix the problem that every match focuses on the right line if the meteors drop all over the middle area of the map.
Main problem with systems like this is they end up with luck playing too much a factor, due to their random spawn location favoring whoevers closest. Further, as there wouldn't be that many spawns in a short game, just a little bit of bad luck can easily hand a win to the other team.
Maybe you could also change it so its not an item that hatches or somehin but rather you get a moontear shard that needs to be delivered to the temple the waggons drive to now. Once a team collects enough a tear gets finished... tower core created whatever.
Nobody wants to run back to the temples non stop, that would just make people hate kedge even more. That said, it would be interesting assuming they stacked, so the more you have the more risk staying on the front line would be. Something like that MIGHT work for a gloom revamp, but I dont think its appropriate for kedge.

DarnYak

Glortex
Visitor
Visitor
Battle.net name: Glortex

#11 Post by Glortex »

This sounds like a great idea. Love the idea of the Moontears need exp to evolve to a tower core.