AA heal

Raise concerns about balance.

Moderator: Mills

Ion
Communist

AA heal

#1 Post by Ion »

It's plain ridiculous. It can fully heal a Level 52 RK with over 3000 HP in one shot. And within that shot, it heals in less then half the required heals.

It's unbelievable.

Is this a bug? It makes anything around the AA that's a hero impossible to kill until she runs out of mana and is very frustrating.
Ion.

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

Re: AA heal

#2 Post by A_New_Dawn »

Good point Ion, her heal is VERY potent, I personally love TC's heal the most, just becuase you can spam the heck out if it. But yeah, she might need a slight nerf for her heal. It hits hard enough to heal RK, then if you have one of the best base killers in the game plus the amazing heal, kinda makes her the ultimate support hero huh? her hero killing potential isn't bad either. Remember when it had a slow on it in either versions? I think Yak removed it in what? 1.10 or something, can't remember. Anyway, a slight nerf to heal and bringing back of the slow might work, just a thought.
Last edited by A_New_Dawn on February 18th, 2008, 11:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#3 Post by A_New_Dawn »

Another idea would be to have the heal % based.
Last edited by A_New_Dawn on February 17th, 2008, 11:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)

#4 Post by jamn455 »

Its cooldown is either less or equal to tc's heal.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#5 Post by A_New_Dawn »

Hmm, I'll check.

TC's was a little faster, not much though. I like the instant heal, then the additional over time.

Laser_Wolf
Regular
Regular

#6 Post by Laser_Wolf »

I think that the heal is fine. If you want to get rid of that why don't you just git rid of the Infiltrator all together. She can sabotage a tower and leave mines that can wipe out almost a whole wave, not to mention AoO. Totally Imba. Althogh I will admit once she casts it there isn't much one can do. Full Heal.
I go by the name of Lazar_Wolf.
I am not a tailor.

Meckross
Regular
Regular
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Meckross on all realms

#7 Post by Meckross »

So the main complain here is that you weren't smart enough to kill the AA first. Instead you attacked the lvl 52 rune n then whined that the AA healed ... interesting

Its true that her heal is REALLY strong. But she cant heal herself with it so she is still vulnerable. If you gang her with 2 heros she falls fast.
This post contains graphic scenes of extreme violence and explicit language. Due to its adult nature I ask that anyone under the age of 18 please cancel the reading process immediatly !

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Battle.net name: Dekar

#8 Post by Dekar »

She is not vulnerable with a familiar casting roots and a speed buff.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Soulbourne-Destroy all imitators...

#9 Post by Soulbourne »

Ranged hero? Dispel/slow?
Click here to help growth.

Sarcasm is conveyed often times by tone of voice. Since writing does not have definite tones because of different views, I suggest we from now on color sarcasm blue as in other forums.

Please come here and click each egg...

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Battle.net name: Dekar

#10 Post by Dekar »

AA kills you?

Fact is, AA is not helpless. Everything else can be made into a new dawn thread that wont result into an answer.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict

#11 Post by Soulbourne »

Never said she was helpless I run up entangle and dual-shot the soon dead fool....no meteors....

Sarcasm is conveyed often times by tone of voice. Since writing does not have definite tones because of different views, I suggest we from now on color sarcasm blue as in other forums.

Meckross
Regular
Regular
Battle.net name: Meckross on all realms

#12 Post by Meckross »

Well i more meant whoever attacked the lvl 52 n was able to hurt that walking castle of health n armor n shell down to the red area wasnt able or smart enough to first get rid of the AA. You can always hit a few nukes on long range even if you get tangled. If a game goes up to lvl 50 her arrows usually dont hurt that much, either do the meteors.

In the end its whoever failed to kill the rune was just not smart enough to get rid of the AA first.
This post contains graphic scenes of extreme violence and explicit language. Due to its adult nature I ask that anyone under the age of 18 please cancel the reading process immediatly !

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#13 Post by A_New_Dawn »

It's not that simple, if your team has a good healer (AA) they're is no way on earth they're going to let you just run up and wipe her. And if your aginast Alex, you'll likely get stunned for 4sec, and dealt neary 1000dmg (mana rune, hazard slash).

Dekar is right, shes still dangerous even without help. And no one in their right mind is going to just stand there and let you kill their healer.

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict

#14 Post by Soulbourne »

Never seen how stupid people are online? But ya, they'll try to stop you, only question is will they? And if they took RK down like that, it was either a long battle or AA would have been toast...or AA ran up just in time and healed out of nowhere after running across all of Peak....

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#15 Post by A_New_Dawn »

Lol, hit Mass Haste and shes gone...

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict

#16 Post by Soulbourne »

Ya....Unless you have dispel....I should I grabbed a wand on gravel...one hero I didn't slaughter....Pebble, quake, Zeph tot plus mace....they never had a chance....+5 totem.....+4 horn is nice for when surrounded.

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#17 Post by A_New_Dawn »

Totem on Grav...awsome. :D

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Reaper777

#18 Post by Reaper »

Every hero has their advantages and disadvantages compared to other heroes, as laser_wolf was trying to point out. Face it, hero battles aren't fair, since every hero is different. One cannot conclude that one hero's skill is imbalanced simply because it is giving them the advantage. A skill could be argued imbalanced once it gives that player an advantage over too many or all other heroes (i.e. geyser).

To be good at the game (assuming it is balanced, and I believe high elf/human is very much so), one must devise strategies that counter the enemy, thus bringing the advantage back to himself.
[Reaper]

Elreth
Resident
Resident

#19 Post by Elreth »

Well if youre against the AI AA, shell run like hell if you touch her once. Still easy to kill if youve got two heroes with some disable, but when she sits half a screen behind Alexander, with a rune shell on and only a flight instinct it becomes frustrating.

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#20 Post by A_New_Dawn »

Yes, but there comes a point when a small "imbalance" becomes overpowered. Her heal needs a slight nerf, lets face it, its too strong. I'd say nerf the healing power instead of the duration. Can't stand SB's heal because the cooldown is sooo long.

No other heal is nearly a potent as EH, why should hers be the exception?

Just my 2 cents...
--AND

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Reaper777

#21 Post by Reaper »

The same could be said about any skill; it is impossible to find a perfect balance, and I think the balance is currently fine (except UD).

While other heals are less potent, they are different heroes and have advantages in different areas.

In the long run I don't see it as a big enough problem when compared to any other skill, and it won't help you win the game any faster than any other hero.
[Reaper]

Strychnyne
Addict
Addict

#22 Post by Strychnyne »

If you have an RK that shells the AA and an AA that heals the RK, you have a SERIOUS combo. Also, I'd like to hear the answer to Ion's question: is it intentional?

Ion
Communist

#23 Post by Ion »

So the main complain here is that you weren't smart enough to kill the AA first. Instead you attacked the lvl 52 rune n then whined that the AA healed ... interesting

It is true I did not attack the AA at first, and that might've seemed like the smartest action, but there were a few things going against that when I took the situation into account:

AA was at full health, with a full health Level 6 Fam who obviously had its Entangle (hadn't casted for awaile long enough to assume it was cooled-down) and would've had Level 6 Meteor and had Crit Gloves, was behind enemy lines safely enough with a few Rune Shells over her head.

RK was at about 1200 life, 1/3rd of the normal 3000 he should have, was slowly running out of mana, was out of stun and was busy Rune Shelling AA and local heroes. He was also pre-occupied with spawns and other things.

Now, Dryad heal does about the same and I could complain about that, it heals about 1k in and around at Level 5-6 with an Int-maining Dryad (and even a fair amount if you never get any crystal and just level it) but AA also gets a lovely Banish added to hers, which makes it so no units can attack the target and takes all the heat off of him. Her heal was around Level 2 (might've been 3) and she hadn't mained it, she had Mass Haste as well.

I did not realize how unbelievably ridiculously great the heal was. Not only was RK at full HP, but now he could hand out free shells to anyone in trouble; adding more HP to everyone. A situation that might've normally been a struggle: having to nuke him while he was banished to get him back just to in and around his former HP, which is generally what you have to do when a Dryad heals or something (launch all your nukes and you're back where you started, perhaps a little less close) RK was at full HP, back in gear and the banish really cancels any damage he takes in the process.

That's not cool. Yeah, in other situations the heal won't turn out so fantastic- when it's on cooldown, the other team teams the AA, etc. I'm not saying everyone's unkillable around the AA, but you try Rune Shell and Ethereal Healing and see if either die by anything other then their own mistakes or no mana. There's really not much you can do.
Ion.