AA @ AM

Raise concerns about balance.

Moderator: Mills

Seig_2
Regular
Regular

AA @ AM

#1 Post by Seig_2 »

Hmmm, I recently read a post from Demongod that basically said that AA and AM suck. Although the post is old, I think they are a few questions still unanswered. First off, how good is AA? I mean, in terms of "suppart" she seems to hold her own, but can she really do anything else? personally I think she needs to be better, her meator storm hits like a truck (+1200) but shes too random and weak to do much else. If your defense for her is her support abilities, why not BP? hes Str and has much better support capabiliites, hes also a good off tank. Kindle Faith is crzy at lvl 6, so is FOD, and Phoenix touch and those are ALL support spells. don't get me wrong I think with a little tweaking, Felisa could rape in terms of support, I just think thats not a possibilty currently. So what of Am? well, overall, shes better than her sister, and is much more fun to play. Demongod said her Ethereal sucked. well, it may not hit very hard but its got a really short cooldown and you can meele heros while their stunned in it. I've gotten Ethearal to hit for 600+ full INt spec, but shes much better overall if you go mostly AGi. granted, she does need some Int for her Ethearal and BA, but those two comboed with AGi rape weak heros. Overall, id say AM is a great hero and balanced, a slight upgrade for Ethreal might not be bad, but other than that, shes fine. AA needs some upgrading overall, I think. Wouldnt it just own if her pet could carry items? that should be ran by Yak (probably has already but keep hounding if so)
that would make her way cool. Plz feel free to post your thoughts on this, id love to hear them.
--Sieg_2

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Soulbourne-Destroy all imitators...

Re: AA @ AM

#2 Post by Soulbourne »

The AM is good love her ult with about 200 units swarming, massive gold burst, and the ethereal multiplies all spells, not just AM, but 10, so bring a spell caster in with her and boom. AA never played much but has been used effectively soling against me. Well, that's about it I think...
Click here to help growth.

Sarcasm is conveyed often times by tone of voice. Since writing does not have definite tones because of different views, I suggest we from now on color sarcasm blue as in other forums.

Please come here and click each egg...

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)

#3 Post by jamn455 »

Well saying that Ethereal healing is basically the best healing spell in the game, I would say she is pretty damn good.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

Seig_2
Regular
Regular

#4 Post by Seig_2 »

granted, ethreal healing is pretty good, but definally not the best, while it does protect you from damage you are slowed which is a disadvantge. Overall, the scarab's and Timebender's heals are better imo. scarab's heal is crzy at lvl 6, over 2400, thats full Instant heal for every hero cept Str.

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict

#5 Post by Soulbourne »

Wow never noticed slow from her ethereal...and full heal on anything is fun but I like comps to do it, more aware than average player...

Sarcasm is conveyed often times by tone of voice. Since writing does not have definite tones because of different views, I suggest we from now on color sarcasm blue as in other forums.

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#6 Post by jamn455 »

Hmm, other than the fact that you cannot be damaged by physical damage during ethereal heal. It can easily heal for 2400, I dont know what kind of numbers you have been looking at, and what kind of heroes you have been using it on.
Line 'em up.
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

AnAngryBearDoctor
Addict
Addict
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Tehw00tz

#7 Post by AnAngryBearDoctor »

There is always the chance someone might blast the person being healed with EH, but other than that she is one of the best, if not the best,
suppart
heroes.
Backwards E's are badass

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#8 Post by Perhaps »

Ethereal healing is really powerful, and for the most part is like a 2-3 point wonder, that is if you go for an int build using meteor. Which pretty much all heros that brings them to low to full. Caster Arcane Archer working with tavern heros is a nasty combination, also ice wall to finish off their tavern heros. Arcane Archer is probably the best hero for Tavern Hero control.

Seig_2
Regular
Regular

#9 Post by Seig_2 »

ive been killed BECAUSE she used her heal on me, i would have gotton away fine if she left me alone, thats why im skeptical for hers being the best. hers is very good, but so are instants.
--Sieg_2

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#10 Post by Dekar »

The slow of her healing was removed in one of the newer versions iirc. :roll:

AM is one of the best hero killers in the game, as her complete physical damage gets the etheral bonus damage.

AA is a siege hero with Icewall blocking the reinforcements, Meteors dealing good damage to units and towers, healing keeping your friends alive. And with a bit of luck you will see a Starfall from your familiar, too.

She is also quite good at defending with Icewall, Healing and Entangle.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

Seig_2
Regular
Regular

#11 Post by Seig_2 »

Hmm, still think her healing slows, could be wrong though, don't play her as much. Lol, Ive been lucky enough to see starfall several times, Its way cool.

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#12 Post by jamn455 »

Maybe you need to play the latest version.

3 to 4 levels in heal is all you need to keep any of your friends at a safe level.
Line 'em up.

Seig_2
Regular
Regular

#13 Post by Seig_2 »

1.11e? have it.

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict

#14 Post by Soulbourne »

Hmm, been awhile since i played AA....So the pet has random abilities? Are they the same at every level, the chances?

Seig_2
Regular
Regular

#15 Post by Seig_2 »

Random abilities? what do you mean? get back to me when you can.

AnAngryBearDoctor
Addict
Addict
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Tehw00tz

#16 Post by AnAngryBearDoctor »

The pet has Entangling Roots (May be called something else), Faerie Fire (Gives sight of enemies and has armor reduction), Starfall (Given at the last level), and I think 1 or 2 more other abilities.
Backwards E's are badass

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#17 Post by Dekar »

Every skill level grants the familiar another ability. They are the same skills every game.

I think it also has Manaburn on hit in addition to the skills our Doctor named.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict

#18 Post by Soulbourne »

Hmm, my question was, do you cast them yourself or what?

Seig_2
Regular
Regular

#19 Post by Seig_2 »

So I played AA just recently, your right soul no slow on the heal, glad Yak took that out. With that said I'd have to say she does have the best heal.
Lol, the friken thing healed for 2400 at lvl 2! couldn't beleive it, shows you how long ive not played her, have to more often. Anyway
--Sieg_2

Storamin
Addict
Addict

#20 Post by Storamin »

Seig_2 wrote:So I played AA just recently, your right soul no slow on the heal, glad Yak took that out. With that said I'd have to say she does have the best heal.
Lol, the friken thing healed for 2400 at lvl 2! couldn't beleive it, shows you how long ive not played her, have to more often. Anyway
--Sieg_2
No, a better idea would be for you to stop playing EotA and to stop posting here.

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#21 Post by jamn455 »

So you made a topic and argued against people saying ethereal healing was the best heal for this long AND YOU JUST USED HER HEAL NOW?
Line 'em up.

Seig_2
Regular
Regular

#22 Post by Seig_2 »

No, I made a topic arguing about her needing a slight upgrade. I also said I was skeptical about her heal being the best because of the slow it use to have in earler versions. But since soul was kind enough to correct me on that I've changed my mind. I was skeptical about her heal being the best for ONE reason, and since that reason was removed I have nothing to say except hers is the best. Aleast I am decent enough to admit when im wrong.

Mills
Addict
Addict

#23 Post by Mills »

Hey, AM is fucken imba. The last time I played her back in 1.08 mind fog took up the whole screen and lasted twice as long as the cooldown. This spell needs a nerf asap. Also I do know everything and don't need to play her in a version made within the last two years to know if something is good or not.
Last edited by Mills on January 13th, 2008, 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict

#24 Post by Soulbourne »

Hmm, anyone want to play a game of EotA right now on Azeroth?

Strychnyne
Addict
Addict

#25 Post by Strychnyne »

I just played a game with the AA. Now, I still think she is one of the coolest heroes in the game, and I still ADORE Icewall, but I have come to the conclusion that she is a waste of space. Lets have a look.

Scout: I'd argue her best spell. This thing can be tagged on any hero trying to be invisible, backdoor, flee, to name a few. It can be used to see the enemy's spawn tower build before it's too late, to see large pushes coming, to watch for gankers, hell, just to scout a head and stop an ambush at a well. It is VERY useful lasts forever, costs nothing.

Meteor Swarm: Most players will choose this spell, and yes, it can be devastating. What I don't understand is why it now damages allied units? When did this happen? I was seeing a couple of self death's by the AA, but I didn't really think it through. Add this to it not destroying trees anymore... Why the debuff? It was random damage, used almost exclusively for creep control. Why the nerf? Hell, does it even stun anymore? I can't remember.

If you're going intelligence, this is a very powerful spell, especially for sieges. Combine it with Entangle and you can even net yourself some hero kills. I guess it's most powerful application would be attacking towers, as you can hit two, if not three, with one strike.

The way this spell operates makes it very weak early and mid game, coming to the forefront in the end game at level six when you can deal some serious damage.

Mass Haste: A deliciously powerful spell. IF you're playing against someone who doesn't know where the WoNs are. If you're up against anyone with a dispell move, you're in a LOT of trouble. Mass Haste is cast on a HUGE AoE, and when the dispell creates attacking pixies or negative effects... It's a sorry sight. It can work against you if your enemy is smart.

This move is used with attack upgrades for hero killing, because the AA gets really, really fast. On a large push, this can definitely make a big difference.

Ethereal Heal: Okay, this spell has been a thorn in my side for a long time. But it has been remedied! The slow is gone and the spell has an intelligence modifier. You're going to hate me for this, but now it is just too damn good. You don't have to get it past level 2 if you're going intelligence. Maybe level three if you're bored. It's 56 mana to cast at level two I believe. It heals SO much that you don't need it. Plus, the nature of the AA is she's not around heroes that often. You never really get to use it.

Maybe if the ethereal effect was passed on another target if it was touching the heroe once they'd reached full health or something. It also can't heal yourself, which I think you should be able to do by targeting your familliar and once it gets to full health the surplus is sent to you. But I'm rambling...

Familliar: Although somewhat random, you can use the familliar very easily. Coming with extra damage and a multitude of spells, this is an amazing spell. You'll hardly ever see an AA without her trusty dragon. Entangle allows you to get hero kills. Level 1 allows you almost double your damage output. Starfall is a great distraction, but it can mess you up. Doesn't happen as much as some people think, but it does happen. It levels with you, so it's good no matter how many points you have in it.

Icewall: This is probably my favourite spell in the game, just because of what it does. You can get a hero caught against a wall, in a base, etc. You can stop a wave of spawns from getting to aide your base. You can give towers more targets to shoot at that aren't you. You can save your own base in the same way. It's brilliant.

Hammel made a great guide <here> if you want a much more detailed look at the above.

There is too much chance involved with this hero. She just doesn't have the stopping power in any field to make her worth while. Unless you are trying specifically to do a strategy with your team mates from the get go, you'd be better off with another pick, assuming you know how to play them. Compared to other options, she just doesn't cut it... And it pains me to say that.

As for the AA, she is a goddess of pain and should be feared at all costs.