Infantry Online

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

Infantry Online

#1 Post by Perhaps »

I don't know when it happened but Infantry Online is free again! And now has an editor that I haven't figured out yet.

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Re: Infantry Online

#2 Post by Tehw00tz »

Clever use of the i
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Ikaika
Visitor
Visitor

#3 Post by Ikaika »

2D? it should have been free and stayed free, come on this is the verge of 2008, what the hell was Sony thinking making people pay to play that steaming pile of crap?

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse

#4 Post by Tehw00tz »

Graphics are not everything.
I'd rather play something entertaining than some pretty to look at peice of crap with a shiny label.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Ikaika
Visitor
Visitor

#5 Post by Ikaika »

that may be, but 2D takes away from gameplay IMO, *woo.. I'mma shoot you, watch out for my white dots flying across the screen towards your face -space bar- omg! you can't go up above my dots, wtf! hax!*

if you catch my drift...

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#6 Post by Perhaps »

This may just be me, but downplaying 2D gameplay factor, while participating in a Warcraft III map, just doesn't seem rational? Granted there is like one map that manipulates 3D physics, but for the most part, the majority of maps for Warcraft III are played as 2D, with a 3D view. In such a case, you may as well praise the fact you can tilt the menu in Super Smash Brother's Melee.

Sure, sure, sure... We have our opinions, but the logic that you created your opinion with seems busted at the moment.

Ikaika
Visitor
Visitor

#7 Post by Ikaika »

I don't play WC3 much anymore, maybe I'll be bored of that long, exhausting grind to 70 once a week or so and pop the disc in to kill some AI on EotA, but that's all :P

WoW FTW.

Kibiyama
Addict
Addict

#8 Post by Kibiyama »

Ah, yes, that's right. Games only got fun once they were all hyper-realistic mega-franchises with 30 sequels and a physics engine. Fuck Pac-Man, I'll trade designs with imagination and creativity for anything with an insane art budget.

When did games stop being a creative medium and start being a reality simulation? Nearly every game that comes out, you can do the same things: run, jump, shoot stuff, pick up stuff, and maybe (if you're really lucky) cast magic. Guess what? I can do all but one of those things in real life.

Yet they sell a billion copies -- not because they were the most creative, unusual, artistic, or any of those things we used to care about. They sell because they're realistic. Meanwhile, games like Aquaria, Chalk, Braid, Cave Story, Knytt, are all overlooked because they aren't 3D.

Last I knew, art development took 5 times more manpower than any other area. Do you think those people are coming up with their own ideas to model and texture? Something cool that nobody's ever seen before? Or is it more likely that they're like copy machines, tasked with modeling a fucking tree, taxi, or telephone pole -- something you could see with your own damn eyes?

Games were supposed to be gateways into other worlds -- worlds of imagination -- but now they're just a mirror into our own. And it's your fault, because it sells and you buy it.
Penis.
98% of all people think Perhaps is a faggot. If you are in this 98%, put this in your sig.
Tehw00tz wrote:I miss my headset. This headset only covers two of my ears.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#9 Post by Dekar »

Speaking of 2D games, the new Dwarf Fortress is out ... and its 3D :P
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

Ikaika
Visitor
Visitor

#10 Post by Ikaika »

woo, I actually might try that out, cause dwarves are bad ass. lmao.

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse

#11 Post by Tehw00tz »

I'll agree with Kibi, Cavestory not only gave me more enjoyment than pretty much anything I've bought in a while, but if it were made by Nintendo during the NES-SNES era, it would be a classic. The main character of it would give Mario a run for his if he got something like 20 sequels.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#12 Post by Perhaps »

Back to Infantry Online, does anyone want to play it? We could start an "EoTA" faction for KoTH zone. On a normal basis I don't like Tehw00tz, but I'd play with him on this.

Kibiyama
Addict
Addict

#13 Post by Kibiyama »

Yeah, looks pretty neat, really. I'll give it a go at some point.
Penis.
98% of all people think Perhaps is a faggot. If you are in this 98%, put this in your sig.
Tehw00tz wrote:I miss my headset. This headset only covers two of my ears.

Ikaika
Visitor
Visitor

#14 Post by Ikaika »

eh... I'm bored as shit with grinding these levels out, I suppose I will try it, the graphics look alot better than any other 2D game I have seen

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#15 Post by Perhaps »

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse

#16 Post by Tehw00tz »

Usually being a dick and or annoying is a first impression I seem to give to a lot of people. Not that I do that on purpose, well, most of the time atleast.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#17 Post by Perhaps »

Tehw00tz wrote:Usually being a dick and or annoying is a first impression I seem to give to a lot of people. Not that I do that on purpose, well, most of the time atleast.
    Respectfulness doesn't matter that much to me. I find the I mostly hang with "assholes," it's compitence or willing participation that generally matters to me. If I gave a shit about assholes, I wouldn't be hanging with "Something" for one.

I'd like to add, out of communities, this one I would find the most capable for this game, since in some ways plays like EotA.

Storamin
Addict
Addict

#18 Post by Storamin »

I use to play this game in late 90s or early 2000's... it was a hell of a lot of fun.

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#19 Post by Perhaps »

Back when it was owned by Harmless Games and free. Also when I could take on a whole base by myself with the Infantry class. Then they got rid Hand To Hand and Incernerator's ability to whack turrets.

Type- ?chat EotA -to enter EotA chat room.
Type- ?chat -to find out who is in it.
Begin a message with ;
To message into channel.

CTF Server Alias' I have:
ZeroDown - Medic
PillaryConstruct - Engineer
MaddaRaider - Jump Trooper
SpectralFury - Infiltrator

Ikaika
Visitor
Visitor

#20 Post by Ikaika »

this game confuses the hell out of me

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#21 Post by Perhaps »

As does it a lot of people their first time, even mine way way way back. Once you get into it, it's actually rather simple. Which zone are you playing?