Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)

Emberwraith

#1 Post by jamn455 »

He is buggy, fix him.

This is not a joke.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

Ocean.dll
Regular
Regular

Re: Emberwraith

#2 Post by Ocean.dll »

Since Jamn did such a great job explaining I really shouldn't have to do this, but I simply can't help myself.

The Emberwraith's Corona skill and his Eruption skill thing are pretty system intensive in late game. They just seem to generate a lot of lag on my machine, and none of my parts are more than two years old. Also his two disablers are kind of ridiculous, plus not very creative.
"RAWRR" -closing lines of Big Trouble in Little China

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#3 Post by Perhaps »

Never forget the contrast between "buggy," "imbalanced," and apparently "innovation." First half pointed towards explination of a possible bug for the Emberwraith (could be a global issue, that just happens to be that those two skills are effected by it). The second half points towards the issue of balance and creativity.

Ocean.dll
Regular
Regular

#4 Post by Ocean.dll »

Thanks for the explanation!

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)

#5 Post by jamn455 »

Hmm..

He is buggy, as he creates massive lag with corona and his AoE nuke(Don't know the name, I dont use his laggy ass).

He makes games borderline unplayable in the lane he is in at level 15.

Corona + AoE nuke = I will now lag in base and die just to respond at the same time that I can finally do something.

He is imbalanced in the fact that unless two or three heroes actually seriously aggro him in a base, he can just use all of his nukes and destroy buildings while having his hp regen keep him alive from just about everything.

He is imbalanced in the fact that he can stun/hold a hero for about 7 seconds no problem.

He is dumb in the fact that he ruins games.

The problem is easy to deal with, just get rid of the hero all together if it isn't too hard.

The hero has nothing to do with innovation, but it has all to do with laggovation and laggativity. As well as the new term that I gave him, embalanced.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

Ocean.dll
Regular
Regular

#6 Post by Ocean.dll »

I think it would be a major mistake to remove this guy. I find that most of his skills are cool and I haven't really seen them before in other games. I especially like his smoking skill, but the regen side of the skill is kind of lame. Personally, I wouldn't mind if the smoking side of the skill became slightly more powerful and the regen side of it was axed.