Hellgate: London

#1 Post by Mills »

Anyone else in the Diablo III beta?

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

Re: Hellgate: London

#2 Post by Perhaps »

Diablo III my ass. Anyways, does seem rather interesting. Possibly removing the annoying feature of Diablo II's skill system. Hopefully it doesn't hold up retarded immunities, and hopefully they don't load up on monster type specific abilities.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#3 Post by Dekar »

Whats wrong with the Diablo 2 skill system?
and hopefully they don't load up on monster type specific abilities.
You rather want to have monsters with just changed graphics so you dont need to think how to kill them? :mrgreen:
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#4 Post by Tehw00tz »

Maybe if I could find a means to earning moneys after buying Halo 3, Super Smash Bros Brawl, and a wii LAN adapter I would buy it.
Other than that, probally when it goes on sale.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#5 Post by Perhaps »

Diablo II had a broken system that forced you to be only able to have two effective skills to use just about. Monster type abilities are plain and simply gimped, take Sanctuary and Holy Bolt for example.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut

#6 Post by Dekar »

Sounds like you never played one of the newer patches, after the introduction of synergies.
And you only ever played a sorceress. ~~

Its not like you can only get 2 useful skills with over 100 skill points. And some skills dont need to be maxed to be useful anyway.

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#7 Post by Perhaps »

I've played the newer version, which is more specifically why I say the retarded skill setup is limiting. At least on previous, I could get Firewall, Ice Orb, and Static Field on a sorceress, now it's I have to spend 100 skill points to max out Blizzard as apposed to the previous 40, lightning well, you really don't want to do that when Assassin gets a far superior form of lightning through traps. Barbarian, well hasn't changed much, other than needed higher items. Elemental druid it's like 100 skills to max out an in the long run garbage skill, summons are the same, feral druid is well I guess still feral druid, but you can't make use of huricane with it so much anymore. Necromancer it's 100 skills to max a skill, forget summons, and well curses are curses. To not go too much farther into it, synergies weren't a fix for diversity, it just meant more skill points you had to use to max ones from before further limiting your ability to be diverse. The ONLY way synergies could possibly work to allow for flexability, is if all skills synergy all other skills in some fashion of their own.

For crying out loud, stop protecting that broken game, it's Blizzards worst job in engine work and balance, the only game of theirs that's worse than this one, is the original Diablo.

Kibiyama
Addict
Addict

#8 Post by Kibiyama »

it's Blizzards worst job in engine work and balance
The hell's wrong with the engine? I mean, other than client-side computation for the online play.
98% of all people think Perhaps is a faggot. If you are in this 98%, put this in your sig.
Tehw00tz wrote:I miss my headset. This headset only covers two of my ears.

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse

#9 Post by Tehw00tz »

Well trolled Perhaps, well trolled.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#10 Post by Perhaps »

I suppose using an intended feature as Direct3D causing mass lag chunks on computers of all specifications, or poor collosions that actually removes the viability of builds that should work, but don't simply because of the fact. And online play, it's pretty much "de-sync" land on high speed connections even, that game has more desync problems than any other game I've played, and I've played my bundle. And this isn't the complete sum of it.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut

#11 Post by Dekar »

"omg, my sorc can only have 2 maxed elements and not all 30 skills on max level"
"omg, please dont give enemy units anything that makes them special or that forces me to think"
"omg, i have a sucky connection but i blame the engine for it"

ofc, trying to discuss with you is useless, but lag is created by dupers to dupe, also tcp/ip plays fine and non official server like d2maniacs dont have any problems you are describing.

And ofc, i know you wont accept the next point, but there is a tool that makes diablo 2 run with max fps and not a single frame less all the time.

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#12 Post by Perhaps »

Seems like having to use third party materials to get something to function right, is broken to me. And what the hell are you talking about "2 maxxed elements"? You can't even get two elements with the way it is since 1.10. All the units in Diablo II are samey shit, only stacked range is much of a threat. In fact the way it is right now, there literally is no thought... Hammerdin, all situations covered due to doing full damage to everything with mass damage, and since we're talking Paladin here, you can have Holy Sheild, jacking your defense to a rediculous level, Paladins get jacked up block speed and block rate, on top of that jacked up resistances, and because vigor is a synergy, you can use walk to not lose so much defense, and still travel fast. There is no thought into Diablo II, it's just the same fucking few builds, retarded non-stop runs, with retarded non-stop magic finding. I don't feel like requiring more magic finding and more runs is a valuable extension of play time. I've already stated, I'm on high speed (mind you Diablo 2 multiplayer was designed to handle Dial Up, you're retarded to say "well your connection sucks," due to the fact a computer having a 24.4k modem or less is just not around these days.), and I guess I'll have to add that my network is properly configured. -_-

Your insults lack validity and strive too much on fanboyism.

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#13 Post by jamn455 »

Perhaps wrote: Seems like having to use third party materials to get something to function right, is broken to me. And what the hell are you talking about "2 maxxed elements"? You can't even get two elements with the way it is since 1.10. All the units in Diablo II are samey shit, only stacked range is much of a threat. In fact the way it is right now, there literally is no thought... Hammerdin, all situations covered due to doing full damage to everything with mass damage, and since we're talking Paladin here, you can have Holy Sheild, jacking your defense to a rediculous level, Paladins get jacked up block speed and block rate, on top of that jacked up resistances, and because vigor is a synergy, you can use walk to not lose so much defense, and still travel fast. There is no thought into Diablo II, it's just the same fucking few builds, retarded non-stop runs, with retarded non-stop magic finding. I don't feel like requiring more magic finding and more runs is a valuable extension of play time. I've already stated, I'm on high speed (mind you Diablo 2 multiplayer was designed to handle Dial Up, you're retarded to say "well your connection sucks," due to the fact a computer having a 24.4k modem or less is just not around these days.), and I guess I'll have to add that my network is properly configured. -_-

Your insults lack validity and strive too much on fanboyism.
^^^^ Noone agrees with me so I have to argue until I get some followers.

Quit crying and just realize that you have lost.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse

#14 Post by Tehw00tz »

Just stop trying, ignore him and he might go away. If reply to his posts and you'll make another w00tz, and we all know how many people would love another of me.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#15 Post by Perhaps »

I don't consider discrediting an another side's argument with valid input as losing, so get a new perspective. "Quit crying," that's so 2000.

And just a little side check of knowledge, how much "faster cast rate(%)" do you need to get a Frames Per Cast of 12.

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse

#16 Post by Tehw00tz »

Moving on..
Anybody downloaded the demo yet?
http://www.gamedaily.com/games/hellgate ... 4251/7197/
Download speeds are pretty fast, I'm going at 950 kb/s
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Sparda963
Site Admin
Site Admin
Battle.net name: Sparda963

#17 Post by Sparda963 »

That is not Diablo 3, that isn't even close to Diablo at all. Just my point of view.
It's not rape if you yell surprise!

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse

#18 Post by Tehw00tz »

It's the same team that made Diablo II, and with the odds of Diablo III coming [from blizzard], this is Diablo III.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#19 Post by Perhaps »

Tehw00tz wrote:It's the same team that made Diablo II, and with the odds of Diablo III coming [from blizzard], this is Diablo III.
Oh okay, then every Dragon Quest game and the show Blue Dragon must be sequals Dragon Ball.

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse

#20 Post by Tehw00tz »

One of the first quests is find Wert's leg.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut

#21 Post by Dekar »

The demo runs on my pc, wohoo!

Kibiyama
Addict
Addict

#22 Post by Kibiyama »

If it weren't for my toothpaste, I wouldn't have wasted 15 minutes of my life making this.

If someone wants to clone stamp the sword out, I can send you the .psd.
98% of all people think Perhaps is a faggot. If you are in this 98%, put this in your sig.
Tehw00tz wrote:I miss my headset. This headset only covers two of my ears.

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse

#23 Post by Tehw00tz »

Can we call it a spiritual successor? Anyway, my name is Tehw00tz and I play on the Shulgoth server.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Pheonick
Resident
Resident

#24 Post by Pheonick »

Tehw00tz wrote:Can we call it a spiritual successor? Anyway, my name is Tehw00tz and I play on the Shulgoth server.
I would consider D2s spiritual successor to be Titan Quest.
I've been told that, with major surgery, I can become a preeetty good combination doorstep and draft excluder.

I feel...zomg.

"Stop getting up at night, just pee in your closet, it's that easy!" - Billy May

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut

#25 Post by Dekar »

D2 isnt dead yet, no need for a successor. :P

Mods with heavy, heavy code editing are on the way.