Infiltrator Suggestion

Raise concerns about balance.

Moderator: Mills

UEatUrOwnFarts
Visitor
Visitor

Infiltrator Suggestion

#1 Post by UEatUrOwnFarts »

I've posted something similar to this before in the 1.10>1.11 complaints, but I've thought a little bit more on it.
Stacking mines are a problem right? What if you add a 25-20-15-15-10-5% chance of a mine not being cloaked, and a small random lag between detonations? As in something along the lines of 2-5, 2-5, 2-4, 1-4, 1-3, 1-2 seconds before explosion per mine. Everyone knows it(the mines skill) needs a nerf, even if they haven't registered. =/ any ideas will be edited into this post.

Edit: Why am I getting flamed? Is it wrong to ask for a risk in stacking mines?
Last edited by UEatUrOwnFarts on August 15th, 2007, 8:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
List of people who want me banned so far

Discombobulator
Genrap993(probably joined just for me)

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Re: Infiltrator Suggestion

#2 Post by Tehw00tz »

In my opinion infiltraitor has no problem, if you can't stop her you really deserve to lose :/
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

UEatUrOwnFarts
Visitor
Visitor

#3 Post by UEatUrOwnFarts »

Its not a matter of not being able to stop her, or a win/lose situation. People play EotA for fun right? I get pissed off at Phoenicks right? if u said yes to the first question, then the answer to the second is yes as well. If you said no to the first question, then the answer to the second is yes. =/ This is a game, and if you see it as a competition, then frankly, imo, thats rather sad. Yes, the object is to win, but its not a live/die situation. Theres no reason to add stackable mines, and someone (probably discombobulator) said that infiltrator requires you to play smart. With stackable mines as it is, thats bullshit. =/ and I refuse to put imo there. The way I see it, adding a percentage chance of a mine being invisible or not prevents massing mines effectively in one square, but does not really hurt people who spread mines over a large area.

Discombobulator

Storamin
Addict
Addict

#4 Post by Storamin »

UEatUrOwnFarts wrote:Its not a matter of not being able to stop her, or a win/lose situation. People play EotA for fun right? I get pissed off at Phoenicks right? if u said yes to the first question, then the answer to the second is yes as well. If you said no to the first question, then the answer to the second is yes. =/ This is a game, and if you see it as a competition, then frankly, imo, thats rather sad. Yes, the object is to win, but its not a live/die situation. Theres no reason to add stackable mines, and someone (probably discombobulator) said that infiltrator requires you to play smart. With stackable mines as it is, thats bullshit. =/ and I refuse to put imo there. The way I see it, adding a percentage chance of a mine being invisible or not prevents massing mines effectively in one square, but does not really hurt people who spread mines over a large area.

You do know how to reveal mines, right?

UEatUrOwnFarts
Visitor
Visitor

#5 Post by UEatUrOwnFarts »

Yeah, there are a few heroes on creeps that can do it, or you could buy an amulet of detection. But really, who has the time to spam that?

Discombobulator

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#6 Post by jamn455 »

A person that doesn't bitch and moan i guess.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

UEatUrOwnFarts
Visitor
Visitor

#7 Post by UEatUrOwnFarts »

Firstly, you're not very nice, and secondly, those items require slots. The infiltrators mines' do not. Yes, an amulet of detection would help, but it would give the infiltrator an advantage as far as inventory space. There are no other heroes who have skills that drive people to buy items to avoid rape/contact when them, other than the old regular gauntlets, armor, etc.

Discombobulator

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#8 Post by jamn455 »

Firstly, I don't have any patience with morons. Secondly, I don't have time to argue with whining bitches that just need to stop item whoring which is why you lose, BECAUSE YOU DON'T HELP YOUR TEAM ANY WITH MERCENARIES BECAUSE YOU NEED THAT LAST LITTLE BIT FOR YOUR ITEM. Hmm, the harpy requires you to buy nets to have any chance against a skilled person with her. A divine wizard may go invisible to hit you with vengeance. Gargoyle can carry you to an area where you can't get out. But, I guess that the infiltrator is the only damn hero that requires any item to avoid getting owned, because you are a noob that can't tell when you are in danger of an AoO in the back. Hmm, maybe try to move around a bit more so you aren't a free target for a full shot in the back, maybe a half shot so you can retaliate a little.
Line 'em up.
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

UEatUrOwnFarts
Visitor
Visitor

#9 Post by UEatUrOwnFarts »

Yeaaah uh, you didn't read this. I didn't say anything about AoO, not anything about Plight, and even if divine wiz did go invisible, it would have to be just after being ripped apart. So I'm sorry you dont have any patience with yourself.
Have a nice day.

Discombobulator

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#10 Post by jamn455 »

UEatUrOwnFarts wrote:There are no other heroes who have skills that drive people to buy items to avoid rape/contact when them, other than the old regular gauntlets, armor, etc.
Well, I guess you don't remember you own post, because THIS IS THE PART I WAS TALKING ABOUT DUMBASS.
Line 'em up.

Storamin
Addict
Addict

#11 Post by Storamin »

So much... anger.

I love it.

Fierach
Visitor
Visitor

#12 Post by Fierach »

Lmao...

And Demongod was bitching about infiltrator being underpowered.

Which do you guys think is the bigger moron?

UEatUrOwnFarts
Visitor
Visitor

#13 Post by UEatUrOwnFarts »

Yeah, uh Jamn, maybe you're reading this but not understanding. I've never had a problem with invisible divine wizards, probably because that wouldn't help very much. Sure, it would be a pain if they just came out of getting beaten to death, but it doesn't make you nervous so you spam amulets. Harpy has never been a problem for me, maybe for you but I never had to buy nets. =/ also, how is it moronic to ask for not every mine be invisible?
Theres no reason to add stackable mines, and someone (probably discombobulator) said that infiltrator requires you to play smart. With stackable mines as it is, thats bullshit. =/
I thought this aos prided itself by being different from DotA by having strategy. Maybe I missed that part of it somewhere? Its not like I'm asking for infiltrator to be nerfed to nothing, just a yes, no, or maybe.

(I don't think that jamn likes me much =O but i hated him since '05/'06 so oh well.)

Edit: (response to jamn)
Invisible Wizard using Vengeance
---
Catch him and he's probably 9/10 dead, easy kill

Plight
---
He's just ridiculous, don't even call him a hero yet

Harpy
---
I've never been FORCED to buy nets against Harpy. It's like a free kill if you use them.

Infiltrator
---
Great hk, could* find mines using an amulet/certain innate skill.

This is like one of those "If everyone did this, it would be a perfect world" problems. Not everyone is going to go out of their way to buy an amulet so you might find a few mines. Most of your posts have just been these little rants of ignorance, so I won't take the time to show you what the difference here is. Also, if it helps, think of it this way - If everyone played this as much as DotA, what would the general complaint be? What heroes would be used most? What heroes would be used least?

Discombobulator

Discombobulator
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Karunecm

#14 Post by Discombobulator »

UEatUrOwnFarts wrote:Yeah, uh Jamn, maybe you're reading this but not understanding. I've never had a problem with invisible divine wizards, probably because that wouldn't help very much. Sure, it would be a pain if they just came out of getting beaten to death, but it doesn't make you nervous so you spam amulets. Harpy has never been a problem for me, maybe for you but I never had to buy nets. =/ also, how is it moronic to ask for not every mine be invisible?
Theres no reason to add stackable mines, and someone (probably discombobulator) said that infiltrator requires you to play smart. With stackable mines as it is, thats bullshit. =/
I thought this aos prided itself by being different from DotA by having strategy. Maybe I missed that part of it somewhere? Its not like I'm asking for infiltrator to be nerfed to nothing, just a yes, no, or maybe.

(I don't think that jamn likes me much =O but i hated him since '05/'06 so oh well.)

Edit: (response to jamn)
Invisible Wizard using Vengeance
---
Catch him and he's probably 9/10 dead, easy kill

Plight
---
He's just ridiculous, don't even call him a hero yet

Harpy
---
I've never been FORCED to buy nets against Harpy. It's like a free kill if you use them.

Infiltrator
---
Great hk, could* find mines using an amulet/certain innate skill.

This is like one of those "If everyone did this, it would be a perfect world" problems. Not everyone is going to go out of their way to buy an amulet so you might find a few mines. Most of your posts have just been these little rants of ignorance, so I won't take the time to show you what the difference here is. Also, if it helps, think of it this way - If everyone played this as much as DotA, what would the general complaint be? What heroes would be used most? What heroes would be used least?

This is the most retarded post I've ever seen on this forum, and trust me, there is a lot of competition.
I'm this forum's MVP.

Storamin
Addict
Addict

#15 Post by Storamin »

I think the problem here is that a certain someone never plays against anybody who is actually good... he just PUB STOMPS 24/7.

UEatUrOwnFarts
Visitor
Visitor

#16 Post by UEatUrOwnFarts »

Storamin wrote:I think the problem here is that a certain someone never plays against anybody who is actually good... he just PUB STOMPS 24/7.
Firstly, Discombobulator, gtfo of my thread. All you've done is flame flame flame, its beyond me how you haven't been banned for what you're trying to ban me for. (response to storamin) That could be it, I honestly do not know. I have never had a game of EotA where there wasn't at least 4-5 dlers. 90% of the time I wait for other people to pick, and then random. Unless its kedges. But still, if you played 10 games without picking soul binder yourself, how many times would that hero pop up?

Discombobulator

Discombobulator
Retired
Retired

#17 Post by Discombobulator »

UEatUrOwnFarts wrote:
Storamin wrote:I think the problem here is that a certain someone never plays against anybody who is actually good... he just PUB STOMPS 24/7.
Firstly, Discombobulator, gtfo of my thread. All you've done is flame flame flame, its beyond me how you haven't been banned for what you're trying to ban me for. (response to storamin) That could be it, I honestly do not know. I have never had a game of EotA where there wasn't at least 4-5 dlers. 90% of the time I wait for other people to pick, and then random. Unless its kedges. But still, if you played 10 games without picking soul binder yourself, how many times would that hero pop up?

What kind of idiot are you? You're replying to Storamin, not me.
I'm this forum's MVP.

UEatUrOwnFarts
Visitor
Visitor

#18 Post by UEatUrOwnFarts »

So I can't cut down on spam by talking to storamin and you?(response to storamin) - as in anything past this on this reply is speaking to storamin, not you.

Discombobulator

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#19 Post by Dekar »

1) Inf lays mines = leeching exp from nearby combat = visible = remember mine positions = walk around them ( and no, she cant lay so many mines that you get instant killed everywhere on the whole lane )
2) Inf lays mines = not leeching exp from nearby combat = not visible = is some levels behind, out of AoO range, gains less gold = easy kill

The only unfair part is stacking mines on the teleport income position during a siege, as the animation shows incoming heroes and they always appear at the same spot.

Ways to solve it: Make teleport move the hero somewhere around the base, not always in the same spot.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

UEatUrOwnFarts
Visitor
Visitor

#20 Post by UEatUrOwnFarts »

Dekar, you're reading and typing but you aren't solving. Yes, you can remember where mines are and walk around them. Yes, you can go get rid of them. Can. What you're saying isn't unreasonable, but you're seeing this in 1v1s like jamn is, and saying that the infiltrator will always be where you are. Actually, I've spent enough time here. Hell with my suggestions, hell with my opinions, I'm not dealing with rational people, but people who want to believe everything is perfect in DarnYak's world.
Heres the link to the petition that frankly I don't give a damn about at this point. viewtopic.php?f=27&t=539&hilit=
I've spent enough time here, do what you want, I'll do what I want. I'm setting up my own AoS.

Discombobulator

Discombobulator
Retired
Retired

#21 Post by Discombobulator »

I'm setting up my own AoS.
Hahahahahaha.

Also if you can't remember where the infiltrator laid mines, the problem may not be the infiltrator, but your memory.
I'm this forum's MVP.

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#22 Post by jamn455 »

EotA is not perfect, yet yak has people that actually know the map that can tell him when something is imbalanced or weak.
Line 'em up.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#23 Post by Dekar »

Im just bored of all these inf threads and thus i wont write very much about this topic anylonger.

Revealing some mines of a mine stack is a great idea, because if the enemy trys to kill it and runs to them, you can blow them all up and kill him.

Yeah, lets make mines completly useless for hero killing. Why reward the little skill explosives require compared to other skills and maybe make it even easier to completly counter it.

I never ever got owned by an explosives inf, and every team has at least 2 non item ways to detect mines ( owl, fenris innate, shaman totem, false alliance, one naga skill I think and maybe more ). This IS a teamwork game and in the worst case a single hero with amulet of detection should be enough to take care of infs mines.

Im really sorry for you that you never played an inhouse with good players in your team.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

Fierach
Visitor
Visitor

#24 Post by Fierach »

Infil is one of the most powerful noobkiller heros.

Thats about it. She requires very little understanding to start herokilling, and if a enemy team is well prepared and veterans then the odds against Infil are exponentially harder.

You just need to come to channel Clan EotA on US East and get owned a few times. Thats all.

Demongod86
Regular
Regular

#25 Post by Demongod86 »

Fucking QFT. Infiltrator is literally the stealth assassin of EotA. Her effectiveness is inversely proportional to your opponents' skill. Sure, if they play stupid and just walk over your mines like they're not there, sure, they'll lose. But if they know what you're doing and where you are, you're in trouble. And if you try to go around without your enemy knowing, you're underleveled. Either way, you lose. If items with detection were removed from the game, we might talk. But as it stands now, infiltrator is junk.
/you SHUT THE FUCK UP, GODDAMMIT!