Soul Binder RIGGED!

Raise concerns about balance.

Moderator: Mills

UEatUrOwnFarts
Visitor
Visitor

Soul Binder RIGGED!

#1 Post by UEatUrOwnFarts »

Soul Binder Rigged? NOOOOO. This guy needs power really badly =/ I just played him, and he seems to be some sort of..really weak tank. Maybe I'm crazy or something, but the way I see it, he's completely useless. I have never seen him played since 1.10, so obviously he's just taking up space as things are. Its pretty neat that you get to knock things back in a circle and do
115%x more stacking damage each time, but its obviously useless against ranged creeps after the first two, and you can just compare it to a divine wizard killing them in one go, and getting more mana than the soul binder as well as a could-be-useful innate at the same time...am I missing something here? The way it looks to me is that more heroes are just being added as a way of trying to draw attention from the problems in EotA. Stacking mines with infiltrator, yeah thats dandy killing 100 creeps when you play it "smart" by sticking 300 mines in an always-changing creep path, but doesn't that get old? Flying around with a str based hero is positively wonderful and all, but its just another ridiculous addition. While we're at it, lets add a flying hero on the battalion thats int based because the agi and str flying heroes are unoriginal. Wake up T_T Before the claimed original str-based flying heroes are added, useless ones should either be fixed or thrown out.
What this boils down to is..
--- Fix the problems at hand before new ones are added. ---
Nothing is going to be perfect, but its definitely easier to fix relatively small problems, and you're less likely to kill yourself in the process of fixing them.
Soul Binder looks awesome, but he needs some attention. Its always the same old heroes that I see every game, and its far easier to fix the heroes you have that to add completely original ones and try to integrate it with the heroes you already have.
Last edited by UEatUrOwnFarts on August 14th, 2007, 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
List of people who want me banned so far

Discombobulator
Genrap993(probably joined just for me)

Mills
Addict
Addict

Re: Soul Binder RIGGED!

#2 Post by Mills »

I think I'll talk to the rock with Down Syndrome over there for possibly a more intelligent conversation.
Last edited by Mills on August 14th, 2007, 9:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#3 Post by Tehw00tz »

Lets try to keep this civil, we can all have our differing opinions about heroes.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Storamin
Addict
Addict

#4 Post by Storamin »

I can comment. I just recently played Soul Binder in 11c.

He's a lot of fun, but with my spec I was gimped against other heroes. Incinerate is great for pushing, you can really do some serious damage. Though I had some trouble using his ult to blow up corpses... but I am by now means the best EotA player.

If you got his channeling damage spell, he would be quite well against heroes. Couple that with his ability to have thousands of health and nice 1.3k heal, he's a beast. I just don't think you've seen people play him well (aka good players in general). IRC, you've only played EotA pubs.

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#5 Post by jamn455 »

Hmm, yeah he is so weak, he can go invisible to save himself or set himself up for a potential kill. His incinerate deals damage to buildings with a rather low cooldown, and hmm lets see he can heal himself for not much mana, possibly one use of his innate. Remember just because you dont know how to use a hero, doesnt mean he is weak, it just means you are weak with the hero.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

UEatUrOwnFarts
Visitor
Visitor

#6 Post by UEatUrOwnFarts »

Meh =/ thats really arguable, its nice having a 3 second cooldown skill, but still, all of his spells are int based. This is like that old quote from a movie terrorist, can't remember which, but it goes something along the lines of this -"You think I am a monster, don't you? I just killed someone's son. But I am someone's son as well. I have a wife, and two smart children." Switch it around aaaaand bullseye. That player skill there doesn't add much. Naturally, its a big help, but if two people played each other such as Soul Binder vs Gravel, then Gravel obviously would come out on top =/ The same applies with Soul Binder vs just about any agi/int hero.

Discombobulator

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#7 Post by jamn455 »

Wow, you have never seen a good player play soul binder eh? Seems like alot of the time ToXiK is using the soul binder, and doing nothing but play great as usual and decimate his opponents. But i guess this hero that is one of the hardest to kill is just crappy.
Line 'em up.
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

UEatUrOwnFarts
Visitor
Visitor

#8 Post by UEatUrOwnFarts »

O_o To be honest, no, I've never seen someone good play soul binder. I see people that are good play gravel, palidan, creep palidan, divine wizard, caugh* infiltrator, arcane mistress and every other hero there is, but getting easy kills in my mind always > hard to kill.

Discombobulator

BustroQuick
Battle.net name: googlypoo

#9 Post by BustroQuick »

People should play Fugly more often.

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#10 Post by jamn455 »

UEatUrOwnFarts wrote:O_o To be honest, no, I've never seen someone good play soul binder. I see people that are good play gravel, palidan, creep palidan, divine wizard, caugh* infiltrator, arcane mistress and every other hero there is, but getting easy kills in my mind always > hard to kill.

VUGARITY WARNING

Alright, I was going to be nice. But, I cannot anymore.

You suck.

You really suck.

ITS FUCKING PALADIN*, and CREEP PALADIN*(Which I guess is the scarab.)

ITS SPELLED FUCKING COUGH*

If you are hard to kill, then your opponents aren't going to get easy kills. Remember the hardest heroes to use are often some of the best ones overall. I have seen every hero used hundreds of times. Its not hard to look at most players and say, well he has this hero and he will go this build, and that build. This is where you lack thought. People like you often look at the best build to kill other heroes. You don't get that move that could dispel a lane of buffs that will hurt you in the long run. You aren't one of those who gets their high attributes off of staying in a lane and killing creeps. You don't help your team in the end, you steal from them. If one person on the team is getting all of the mercenary creeps, he will go broke, and your team will feel the consequences of it. You could sell that precious Sorceress Robes, or your Orb of Life to help out your team, you would rather go back and forth to your main base just to get that upgrade. You may think, Who is this guy? Well I have played this map for quite a bit and I know quite a bit about every single hero in the game. Some I don't like, some aren't my style. I would rather take the hero killing hero. But, I think of the builds that hey, this will help me be a good hero killer as well as a good creep controller.

People say, oh well you aren't good, you just fucking pub smash all the fucking time with your friends on teamspeak. Well just so you know, most of the damn time I am trying out something new, and yes, maybe I like playing a game with people I know. Whats the point of playing a game if you aren't having fun? There is no point. I guess I just don't know a god damn thing that I am talking about.

So for the last time, just because heroes aren't the way that you like them, doesn't mean that they aren't a good fit in the game. Just because you don't feel like spending your precious gold on an item to save yours or a teammates hero, doesn't mean that a hero is imbalanced.
Line 'em up.

Nick.Scryer
Visitor
Visitor

#11 Post by Nick.Scryer »

I lol'd at both these threads { Inf and SB }

Discombobulator
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Karunecm

#12 Post by Discombobulator »

I'm this forum's MVP.

UEatUrOwnFarts
Visitor
Visitor

#13 Post by UEatUrOwnFarts »

UEatUrOwnFarts wrote:
O_o To be honest, no, I've never seen someone good play soul binder. I see people that are good play gravel, palidan, creep palidan, divine wizard, caugh* infiltrator, arcane mistress and every other hero there is, but getting easy kills in my mind always > hard to kill.

VUGARITY WARNING

Alright, I was going to be nice. But, I cannot anymore.

You suck.

You really suck.

ITS FUCKING PALADIN*, and CREEP PALADIN*(Which I guess is the scarab.)

ITS SPELLED FUCKING COUGH*

If you are hard to kill, then your opponents aren't going to get easy kills. Remember the hardest heroes to use are often some of the best ones overall. I have seen every hero used hundreds of times. Its not hard to look at most players and say, well he has this hero and he will go this build, and that build. This is where you lack thought. People like you often look at the best build to kill other heroes. You don't get that move that could dispel a lane of buffs that will hurt you in the long run. You aren't one of those who gets their high attributes off of staying in a lane and killing creeps. You don't help your team in the end, you steal from them. If one person on the team is getting all of the mercenary creeps, he will go broke, and your team will feel the consequences of it. You could sell that precious Sorceress Robes, or your Orb of Life to help out your team, you would rather go back and forth to your main base just to get that upgrade. You may think, Who is this guy? Well I have played this map for quite a bit and I know quite a bit about every single hero in the game. Some I don't like, some aren't my style. I would rather take the hero killing hero. But, I think of the builds that hey, this will help me be a good hero killer as well as a good creep controller.

People say, oh well you aren't good, you just fucking pub smash all the fucking time with your friends on teamspeak. Well just so you know, most of the damn time I am trying out something new, and yes, maybe I like playing a game with people I know. Whats the point of playing a game if you aren't having fun? There is no point. I guess I just don't know a god damn thing that I am talking about.

So for the last time, just because heroes aren't the way that you like them, doesn't mean that they aren't a good fit in the game. Just because you don't feel like spending your precious gold on an item to save yours or a teammates hero, doesn't mean that a hero is imbalanced.

Pie > EotA

Demongod86, SHUT THE FUCK UP GOD DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!
aww poor baby, can't handle caugh. =/ So what, you're just going to ignore that he's never played? when rk, am, inf, pal, dw are at least always in a game? Its common sense that you pick something good, so why does just about no one use soul binder?
Also, you don't even know me, so don't try to start shit. (Also, caugh is slang for saying *wrong*, this isn't the action of coughing, and I can't say I've ever heard of vugarity)
Last edited by UEatUrOwnFarts on August 15th, 2007, 9:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Discombobulator

Discombobulator
Retired
Retired

#14 Post by Discombobulator »

Also, caugh is slang for saying *wrong*, this isn't the action of coughing
Is it mental hospital slang or what?
I'm this forum's MVP.

UEatUrOwnFarts
Visitor
Visitor

#15 Post by UEatUrOwnFarts »

lol, could be XD but really, isn't it hypocritical to go off saying that I'm insulting people somehow with an infiltrator mine suggestion, when you're walking around sending flame mail and posting sick things in off-topic?

Discombobulator

Discombobulator
Retired
Retired

#16 Post by Discombobulator »

stfu & gtfo.
I'm this forum's MVP.

UEatUrOwnFarts
Visitor
Visitor

#17 Post by UEatUrOwnFarts »

This is probably the last reply I'm making here, so do whatever you want. All the responses I get are from storamin, or people who wanted my head before I even came here. Enjoy thinking everything is perfect in EotA, it doesn't matter to me. HoSK, and Enmity get more attention than this ever will, because whenever an idea is submitted, that person gets flamed.

Discombobulator

Discombobulator
Retired
Retired

#18 Post by Discombobulator »

People only get flamed when both themselves and their ideas are idiotic. And those maps only get more attention because retards like you can't play eota well and can't understand it's complexity.
I'm this forum's MVP.

Storamin
Addict
Addict

#19 Post by Storamin »

Not to play devils advocate, but I will.

You guys flamed him more than he did you... so I don't really feel that it's fair he is banned for 3 days while you are not.

Forum Guidelines are here: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=488

Yes, jamn & disc, these apply to you.

LordSuzaku
Regular
Regular

#20 Post by LordSuzaku »

The soul binder is a fascinating hero. He has a good deal of strange techniques. Go decoy and his regenerate to focus on brute force, or go soul (strike?) and incinerate to use him as a mage. I wouldn't reccomend going in between. His ulti is a fun seige move, it is best used to ruin towers after your melee wave runs up and dies in front of them.

All in, preserve the status quo.
*Disclaimer*

LordSuzaku does not have complete control of his opinions as he is actually a pair of brothers.

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#21 Post by jamn455 »

Storamin wrote:Not to play devils advocate, but I will.

You guys flamed him more than he did you... so I don't really feel that it's fair he is banned for 3 days while you are not.

Umm, I was replying very nicely compared to what i did with demongod(though many of those got deleted because of it). I don't care about getting banned for 3 days, because all I do is come on and look, so what if I get banned.
Line 'em up.

Storamin
Addict
Addict

#22 Post by Storamin »

jamn455 wrote:
Storamin wrote:Not to play devils advocate, but I will.

Umm, I was replying very nicely compared to what i did with demongod(though many of those got deleted because of it). I don't care about getting banned for 3 days, because all I do is come on and look, so what if I get banned.
as a (former?) shaman you represent clan eota.

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#23 Post by jamn455 »

I was not a shaman, I was just keeping tox's shaman place warm for the time being.
Line 'em up.

Demongod86
Regular
Regular

#24 Post by Demongod86 »

UEatUrOwnFarts wrote:This is probably the last reply I'm making here, so do whatever you want. All the responses I get are from storamin, or people who wanted my head before I even came here. Enjoy thinking everything is perfect in EotA, it doesn't matter to me. HoSK, and Enmity get more attention than this ever will, because whenever an idea is submitted, that person gets flamed.
Having played all of these games, I'm going to have to laugh at this.

HoSK is trash. It used to be good when Kellor and me played it together, but Tomaxko made the terrible mistake of trying to "balance" it rather than simply letting all of the imbalance stay in the game and letting the players sort it out.

As for enmity campaign getting more attention than EotA, I will prove you dead wrong.

http://www.enmitycampaign.com -- DEAD
http://enmitycampaign.freeforums.org -- I made these forums to try to keep the game alive. As you can see, I'm not doing a good job.

Tekkvicious is MIA...he's graduated college by now and has a life, girlfriend (if not a wife), friends to hang out with, etc... and has no reason to ever work on enmity campaign again.

Not to mention that ever since .74, Enmity Campaign has gone to hell. Why? THE SAME REASON HOSK DID. Nerf chains. Nerf this, then you have to nerf that because it's the most powerful strategy now, then nerf that, and this, and that, etc... and now the game is boring as hell. It cannot be played competitively because tekk decided that the game should be played as he intended, not as how players found it.

That said, I can still destroy anybody in enmity campaign without breaking a sweat. Including anyone besides perhaps Fierach on these boards.
Last edited by Demongod86 on August 17th, 2007, 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/you SHUT THE FUCK UP, GODDAMMIT!

kinguvspaz
Visitor
Visitor

#25 Post by kinguvspaz »

Demongod86: That post brought a tear to my eye. Not because of anything you said, really. But because it didn't make me want to find you and beat you over the head with your own keyboard. Congratulations, and, please, no relapses.
O! it is excellent / to have a giant's strength / but it is tyrannous / to use it like a giant.

my team needs a buff