Infilitrator Bugs

Report bugs.
Elreth
Resident
Resident

Infilitrator Bugs

#1 Post by Elreth »

dizatguy reports that

a) The infi's cloud skill is making melee units miss as well as ranged units and towers.

b) That sabo is taking mana and setting the cooldown on obs but not doing damage.

Hammel
Addict
Addict
Location: The other side of the world... wait, the world is flat, right?

Re: Infilitrator Bugs

#2 Post by Hammel »

a) Nothing you can do about
b) Nothing you can do about

(at least nothing you can do about easily... a is because of clouds in general, b due to mag imm not taking the damage... and both are old, btw)

Mills
Addict
Addict

#3 Post by Mills »

Yes, clearly it is impossible for physical skills like Graveh's ult to hit Obelisks but not other physical skills like sabotage.

Hammel
Addict
Addict

#4 Post by Hammel »

~~
I think it is because of WC3's game mechanics so that "Ultimates" can bypass magic immunity... as you "might" know, Gravel's ult is based off Stampede, Beast Master ult... dunno what Yak used for Sabot, but it clearly doesnt work, and I guess that is so because... it is no ult.

Discombobulator
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Karunecm

#5 Post by Discombobulator »

Hammel wrote:~~
I think it is because of WC3's game mechanics so that "Ultimates" can bypass magic immunity... as you "might" know, Gravel's ult is based off Stampede, Beast Master ult... dunno what Yak used for Sabot, but it clearly doesnt work, and I guess that is so because... it is no ult.

You're wrong.
I'm this forum's MVP.

Hammel
Addict
Addict

#6 Post by Hammel »

Give me a better explanation why it was never fixed.

Discombobulator
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Karunecm

#7 Post by Discombobulator »

Ultimate is a spell that is learned after level 1. That's at least what WC3 thinks it is. So if I make say Searing Arrows a level 6 spell, they'll work on magic immune units. That can be changed in the editor (a gameplay constant called something like "Ultimates affect immune"). Also, Sabotage is a triggered spell. As you can see, the WC3 part of it works (it casts just like any other spell), but Yak's trigger is specifically set to exclude Obelisk towers. I assume he thinks there'd be too much abuse and backdooring if you could sabotage Ob towers (and I agree).
I'm this forum's MVP.