"cheating" in Eota?

Raise concerns about balance.

Moderator: Mills

LordSuzaku
Regular
Regular

"cheating" in Eota?

#1 Post by LordSuzaku »

It's funny, i was losing and started to backdoor obs as Nephilim. Apparently backdooring and using execution generators on rocking arthas is cheating.
*Disclaimer*

LordSuzaku does not have complete control of his opinions as he is actually a pair of brothers.

Discombobulator
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Karunecm

Re: "cheating" in Eota?

#2 Post by Discombobulator »

Relatively unrelated to the thread, a guy tried to explain to me that the main tree of desolation doesn't spawn creeps, and that I am a noob for putting towers there.
I'm this forum's MVP.

LordSuzaku
Regular
Regular

#3 Post by LordSuzaku »

Oh, here is a replay of what i got to see until i was custom kicked by the host who was a complete ass.
Cheating in Eota.w3g
*Disclaimer*

LordSuzaku does not have complete control of his opinions as he is actually a pair of brothers.

Hammel
Addict
Addict
Location: The other side of the world... wait, the world is flat, right?

#4 Post by Hammel »

Execution gens? They are against heroes, right? Either use a spawn tower to send spawnies or take a str hero with you, wreck it and then kill Arthas. (Arthas with gens is 2.5 years old, and even then it wasnt THAT imba...) OR you can use an anti-building nuke to hit and run to the fountain to heal... just make sure you kill the worker.

Backdooring is strong, yeah, we know that... cheating? Not really...

Storamin
Addict
Addict
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)

#5 Post by Storamin »

so how did he kick you?

Hammel
Addict
Addict

#6 Post by Hammel »

"custom kicking" is an option of the latest banlists, as far as I know...

Storamin
Addict
Addict

#7 Post by Storamin »

Hammel wrote:"custom kicking" is an option of the latest banlists, as far as I know...
i have wc3banlist 3.0b (which is relatively new) and i dont have that :(

Discombobulator
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Karunecm

#8 Post by Discombobulator »

It's a standalone program.
I'm this forum's MVP.

Storamin
Addict
Addict

#9 Post by Storamin »

shadowfrench's custom kick fixed was the program he used.

i played him and picked tacition... i kept flanking him :)

UEatUrOwnFarts
Visitor
Visitor

#10 Post by UEatUrOwnFarts »

=/ Thank you for telling me Storamin (btw u lagged out, just a coincidence <_<). Suzuku...That wasn't the first time I've played you, you entered a NO BACKDOORING game, and you backdoored, sorry if you don't understand that. Yeah, I read your disclaimer, and I don't give a shit, because thats a sorry excuse. So now LordSuzuku is a pair of brothers(the hell? you can make your own account...) Heres my little summary.
1. You entered my NO BACKDOORING game.
2. You bossed people around the whole game, assuming leadership.
3. You told the host (me) what to do.
4. You got caught backdooring.
5. You blamed your team when you got caught backdooring because they don't talk.

Reply to Discombobulator

I've got a good plan. Sue me for having my own rules. If you actually read the whole thing, I only made what, two mistakes? Big woop, I made this is 5 minutes...
Cacophonous? I'm not going to be nice to people who flame me.
And how is this homogenised*? Why not elaborate? (lol i can use big words too ^^)
Ignorant? Dude I read your little backup for EotA in Demongod's thread about the snowball effect, so don't even TRY to call people ignorant. When/If I said that was cheating, it was because it broke MY damn rules, not this clan's
Last edited by UEatUrOwnFarts on August 10th, 2007, 11:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
List of people who want me banned so far

Discombobulator
Genrap993(probably joined just for me)

Storamin
Addict
Addict

#11 Post by Storamin »

If you feel backdooring is bad... well... heres some news:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=481&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=backdoor

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=156&p=3944&hilit=backdoor#p3944

It's a viable strategy that works.

UEatUrOwnFarts
Visitor
Visitor

#12 Post by UEatUrOwnFarts »

Yeah, lol, I actually did see those when I was looking for the noob that was trash talking's thread. (I'm ashamed on that poll XD) But you prooooobably didn't watch the replay. For the most part I did catch it, but I haven't played EotA since early 2006 sooooooo I was still kinda...relearning -_-.
Edit: Also, I don't care if its a viable strategy or not. If it isn't told, in the title, then sure, go ahead, knock yourself out. I'm all for it. But I'd rather not worry about infiltrators blinking in and out of your base, and level 40s walking up and killing obelisks behind lines.
If you want to defend LordSuzuku(not talking to someone in partic.)then you are either blind, stupid, blind or maybe you just don't take hints as to when you're on the edge of being banned/kicked.
To be honest, LordSuzuku didn't get kicked T_T He decided that he would crash the game by saving it when I looked for Shadowfrench Custom Kick Fixed (GRRR NEXT TIME GIVE CREDIT TO ME FOR SAYING WHAT IT WAS!jk)
List of people who want me banned so far

Discombobulator
Genrap993(probably joined just for me)

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#13 Post by jamn455 »

Honestly how many people have the time to just sit on their asses watching a fucking replay to see something that is not cheating. Cry about backdooring, its legal even if its one of the most asshole moves you can do. Using generators is part of the game, placement as well as type. Don't bitch because he did something you couldn't come up with a counter to because your mind doesn't function as well as the normal fucking idiot.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

Storamin
Addict
Addict

#14 Post by Storamin »

gn: EotA Twilight NO BACKDOORING RM was the one I joined and met ueaturownfarms.

Hammel
Addict
Addict

#15 Post by Hammel »

Most pubbies dont backdoor anyway, or do it very late game and ignore/forget the game name by then, so it is kinda dumb...

BustroQuick
Battle.net name: googlypoo

#16 Post by BustroQuick »

Wow...

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#17 Post by Tehw00tz »

Flame wars like these leave bad impressions on new visitors.
Stop.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Storamin
Addict
Addict

#18 Post by Storamin »

UEatUrOwnFarts wrote:=/ Thank you for telling me Storamin (btw u lagged out, just a coincidence <_<). Suzuku...That wasn't the first time I've played you, you entered a NO BACKDOORING game, and you backdoored, sorry if you don't understand that. Yeah, I read your disclaimer, and I don't give a shit, because thats a sorry excuse. So now LordSuzuku is a pair of brothers(the hell? you can make your own account...) Heres my little summary.
1. You entered my NO BACKDOORING game.
2. You bossed people around the whole game, assuming leadership.
3. You told the host (me) what to do.
4. You got caught backdooring.
5. You blamed your team when you got caught backdooring because they don't talk.

Reply to Discombobulator

I've got a good plan. Sue me for having my own rules. If you actually read the whole thing, I only made what, two mistakes? Big woop, I made this is 5 minutes...
Cacophonous? I'm not going to be nice to people who flame me.
And how is this homogenised*? Why not elaborate? (lol i can use big words too ^^)
Ignorant? Dude I read your little backup for EotA in Demongod's thread about the snowball effect, so don't even TRY to call people ignorant. When/If I said that was cheating, it was because it broke MY damn rules, not this clan's
you have to edit that 3 times to get it to actually sounding like you're intelligent.

Furion
Resident
Resident

#19 Post by Furion »

execution generators at arthas?^^
that was MY idea and it worked great enough to make aed leave

just to add something related to the topic X_x...
in the replay you killed the obelisks with no creeps around, so it may be considered a backdoor (i wont call this a backdoor, rather the incompetence of some player to watch his mini map ~~)
But you could have sent creeps there with the shadow bastions, if youd done this it wouldnt be a backdoor anymore since your creeps were there as well
Let our last stand burn a memory so bright it will be remembered FOREVER!

-Artanis

Demongod86
Regular
Regular

#20 Post by Demongod86 »

Let's just set the record: farts is the very definition of a scrub. Scrub the floor with him please.

Being a host means nothing. If you don't like the game, don't play it. It's not your game. It's yak's game, and people can play to win. If you want to stop them, then play to stop them. Setting rules=being a scrub.

Want to know what a scrub is?

http://www.sirlin.net
/you SHUT THE FUCK UP, GODDAMMIT!

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#21 Post by jamn455 »

Why do you revive dead posts? This is clearly why I have what I have in my signature.
Line 'em up.
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#22 Post by Perhaps »

jamn455 wrote:Why do you revive dead posts? This is clearly why I have what I have in my signature.
    This is a forum, not a chat room. So what if what he's replying to is old? I suppose he should start a new thread about this topic and discussion just so you can say, "use the search function" to reply to the very "dead post?" I know a certain two people who would do just that. And again, so what if it's old? A lot of the time I see "I miss the old eota," the old eota is a dead topic. -_-

Don't think I'm here to defend Demon, because I'm not really a big fan of him, if you will. It's just that I don't take to grudgery and target for whatever I can. In short I'm targetting the judgement. -_-

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#23 Post by jamn455 »

That was no reply, he just came here to insult the guy when he has said WAY MORE DUMB ASS SHIT.
Line 'em up.

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#24 Post by Perhaps »

Thing is, you were attacking him for the wrong thing. Now if you would have pointed out he's just trying to connect with everyone by bashing this person, I would have more than likely said nothing. If you would have pointed out the fact he's a hypocrite and says it's "Yak's map," but when it's an issue of his concern, he's 100% sure what he says should be nerfed, should be nerfed, I probably wouldn't have posted anything. And if you said "Anyone who uses the term 'scrub' these days, needs to die of a rectal infection from too much prison rape," I definently wouldn't have said anything. But for the most part, his post, sadly but true, is the par of posts in this forum.