Artifacts

Submit hero or skill concepts for critiquing and potential implementation.
FutatsuNoOmoi
Resident
Resident

Artifacts

#1 Post by FutatsuNoOmoi »

I talkseded with Yack, und he saysed that he plans on having mur artifizzles. So let we brain storm artifacts. I will begun.

Atlas Wing
Use Atlas Wing to get temporary flight.
+Agility & Strength

Upgrading will increase flight duration and + Agility and Strength.

Feel free to suggest tweaks to the item. ^_^

---

I would like to make a proposal, or at least get the idea out there, but perhaps have the new artifacts be in race exclusive artifact shops, for the better of balance race balance, and fair grabs. That only that race can buy from there, but would still hold the high cost that artifacts have, having unique features, and of course only one could be bought.
Last edited by FutatsuNoOmoi on July 18th, 2007, 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hammel
Addict
Addict
Location: The other side of the world... wait, the world is flat, right?

Re: Artifacts

#2 Post by Hammel »

ZOMG Flying Inf... or even better, FLYING TACT... with the new Flank -.-... or flying AA... lol, noone would ever catch her... Flying Gravel? Oo

A week ago, the 2 flying heroes were imba, although they were designed to be flying, and therefore have certain weaknesses. I wonder what demon will say when EVERY hero has the potential to fly... nice idea, but the impact on gameplay and shift of balance would be too great... (I'd love to offer some more constructive criticism, but it is too strong).
Ohh, and if the flying is just for a few seconds, well, then you can go with Zephyr Totem, because that would make you travel the same distance (level 5 reaches VERY far), but instantly --> better.

BustroQuick
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: googlypoo

#3 Post by BustroQuick »

Adept's Wand
• Every time a spell is cast, the caster is refunded for 4/7/10/13/16% of the mana cost.
• Increases maximum mana by 100/250/400/550/700.

FutatsuNoOmoi
Resident
Resident

#4 Post by FutatsuNoOmoi »

Well, it would function a very short flight, and maybe get decent duration at +5. Yes, Zypher Totem has blink, but there's only one Zephyr Totem, Dimensional wand, a consumable. Also blink doesn't give you combat time of not being able to be hit by ground attacks, which would be good even if short. And I suppose I should have mentioned that temporary flight will enable certain abilities to hit air, but maybe at the sametime disable or hinder certain other abilities. "Hit air units? There's nets," nets are also a consumable, also what would be holding you back from using both nets and temp flight, now you got two air attack methods. And I guess big classes like Colosus would take damage from the end effect of it.

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#5 Post by mianmian »

Gnomish Net-o-matic.

Use: Nets target hero, CD decreases and Net duration increases with each level maybe?

Passive: +armor/move spd
-= I am the Grand Hammer =-
-Lithium flower

Hammel
Addict
Addict
Location: The other side of the world... wait, the world is flat, right?

#6 Post by Hammel »

Invisible Cape

Spell: Invisibility
Passive: Spell Resistance, Armor?

Demongod86
Regular
Regular

#7 Post by Demongod86 »

Every hero flying probably won't matter too much. Here's why: if it's a short flight, it's more like a glorified blink than it is a flight. The advantages of permaflying are what make it so great, that there is no strategic decision when to use it or not. Face it, you may not always know to fly over the infilt's mines (which won't hit air even if she flies), and so you would get smacked. But if you have permaflying, it doesn't matter whether or not you're above them or not.

Now a special item that granted flight PERIOD...that would be interesting.
/you SHUT THE FUCK UP, GODDAMMIT!

LordSuzaku
Regular
Regular

#8 Post by LordSuzaku »

Flying is sacred, the item would just be a waste of money...
*Disclaimer*

LordSuzaku does not have complete control of his opinions as he is actually a pair of brothers.

Pheonick
Resident
Resident

#9 Post by Pheonick »

Would be nice to see more map-specific shops with special crap.

Anyway!
I'm trying to keep these items balanced in nature, not making any single one too offensive, supportive, defensive, casterish, blah.

Kedge's Landing

Black Pearl Chest

Active: The next hero you kill awards x extra gold and 5 more crystal. 120 second cooldown.

Passive: Gives a % chance to block y damage, to a minimum of 3 (non-stackable) and increases health by z.

Candleberg

Greenflame Candle

Active: Summons a fiery green brazier that illuminates your surroundings; reducing enemy attack speed and exposes hidden units. Lasts 12 seconds.

Passive: Chance on hit to engulf a target in flames, preventing cloaking and dealing damage for 10 seconds, and increases mana regeneration.

Carved Wood Idol

Active: Grants x bonus armor and y% spell damage recution to nearby units for 8 seconds. 150 second cooldown.

Passive: x% chance on hit to root all nearby (100 radius) creatures in place for 1.5 seconds, dealing no damage.
I've been told that, with major surgery, I can become a preeetty good combination doorstep and draft excluder.

I feel...zomg.

"Stop getting up at night, just pee in your closet, it's that easy!" - Billy May

Discombobulator
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Karunecm

#10 Post by Discombobulator »

I'd just like to remind everyone that no item or hero suggestion ever made it into the map.
I'm this forum's MVP.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#11 Post by DarnYak »

Discombobulator wrote:I'd just like to remind everyone that no item or hero suggestion ever made it into the map.
Untrue actualy, although they often get changed pretty drasticly in the process.

DarnYak

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#12 Post by mianmian »

Like Yak said, untrue

Polarize was my suggestion if not my idea (Go go heroic Mech/Naxx)
-= I am the Grand Hammer =-
-Lithium flower