<NP> Runeshell and Dive...

Report bugs.
Shadow.M4L
Resident
Resident

<NP> Runeshell and Dive...

#1 Post by Shadow.M4L »

Iam not sure, but using Runeshell agains the Gargoyle negates the spell Completly Oo
Also it seems that Dive does not even scratch Runeshell abit. I noticed that several times and feeled rather useless in a 1on1 with the Gargoyle agains the Rune Knight.

Ofcourse iam an noob with the Gargoyle but... i had no chance agains him.

mianmian
Addict
Addict

Re: Runeshell and Dive...

#2 Post by mianmian »

YES! His weakness is found, QQ beware use RK!! No more bitching about Plight! GG for Creeps I guess :P

On a more serious note, are you sure you just werent doing enough damage? Level 6 Rune Shell blocks about 666ish damage per cast and multiple casts stack (50% of the subsequent casts diminishe deach time, so 50% then 25% then 12.5%) capping at 3 casts iirc.

Dive dosent do a lot of damage its more units attacking it while your holding the unit from my expiriences

Also if RK has more STR, you wont even pick him up, negating a lot of damage, so I dunno
-= I am the Grand Hammer =-
-Lithium flower

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#3 Post by Tehw00tz »

Icespinner and Arcane Mistress are also good counters against Plight.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#4 Post by Dekar »

You can even kill garg with scarab.

Just run around to evade dive, nuke it all the time and heal after a dive to get longest duration possible.
Use nightmare to get away, stop dive, wait for nuke cd, whatever you like.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

Shadow.M4L
Resident
Resident

#5 Post by Shadow.M4L »

Ok we had another game on Candle, god this was hilarious some public played Plight and some average public played RK. He buffed every Teammate and the Garg did for the most time 0 damage.
He was like wtf shit map shit hero but we tryed to tell him that its a good hero. But still he didnt leave^^

Kibiyama
Addict
Addict

#6 Post by Kibiyama »

Level 6 Rune Shell blocks about 666ish damage per cast and multiple casts stack (50% of the subsequent casts diminishe deach time, so 50% then 25% then 12.5%) capping at 3 casts iirc.
The limit approaches 200%. So 1332 would be the theoretical maximum for that. But if wc3 math uses integers only, it will be a bit less because they always round down.
98% of all people think Perhaps is a faggot. If you are in this 98%, put this in your sig.
Tehw00tz wrote:I miss my headset. This headset only covers two of my ears.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#7 Post by DarnYak »

Rune shell definately prevents his healing (intended), but I see no reason to believe rune shell's health isnt' diminished for damage absorbed, or in preventing pickups (rk just has more str by default, and probably had items to support it)

DarnYak

Shadow.M4L
Resident
Resident

#8 Post by Shadow.M4L »

Ahh lol i though when you dive you need to damage him first to pick up. But seems i was wrong.
Stupid me i cant remember if he was able to pick him up and do damage. Caus the Garg was strenght build and the RK was int build.
And both was at the same level.

Hammel
Addict
Addict
Location: The other side of the world... wait, the world is flat, right?

#9 Post by Hammel »

Btw, I think the damage numbers appearing are calculated by the actual health loss... and when the RK doesnt lose health due to Rune Shell, spells seem to do 0 damage to him (in case you try to use dive against a lone RK with Rune Shell, but no spawns around)...

Shadow.M4L
Resident
Resident

#10 Post by Shadow.M4L »

Funny thing was, he dived trough 10 spawns hit the RK and there was a ZERO! but the creeps was damaged Oo

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#11 Post by mianmian »

A lot of spells, expcially if there PK spells (like Dive) will only show a number if they do damage to a Hero.

No one cares if you do 135 damage to 7 creeps :P
-= I am the Grand Hammer =-
-Lithium flower

Shadow.M4L
Resident
Resident

#12 Post by Shadow.M4L »

ahh ok.. though it was a damage system for everything you damage.
thanks for clearing this then :P

BLUEPOWERVAN
Regular
Regular

#13 Post by BLUEPOWERVAN »

re: plight vs scarab. I don't see scarab being particularly good against plight. Does nightmare even affect fliers? Your strat just boils down to "evade his dives and nuke"... and he is hardly the best at evasion (with his fatness) or nuking. Healing after dive -> lvl 1 gaze.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#14 Post by Dekar »

Sleep affects air units.

Ofc you dont want to stand around doing nothing and getting owned, I dont think thats a good way for any hero ( but runeknight? ) to deal with garg, as 3 of gargs skills need to be targeted on ground and have a delay until they hit the ground.

You should be able to sleep the garg at terrasmash, so you wont have to deal with slow while running away and evading dive and smite still deals 30% hp damage, even to a 6k hp garg and it will make the garg think again about killing you after the third smite.

And yes its a little bit mathcraft as I didnt had the joy to play against a really really pro garg player.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)

#15 Post by jamn455 »

The 0 is how much damage you do to his life, so you are still doing damage to the shell. Last night I was playing against a rune knight and I was doing quite good damage against the rune knight even with him getting shell after shell on. And still with massive strength, killing him is a very hard thing to do, you try to kill a 6k health monster than can run away and even if he doesnt he can do a shitload of damage in the time of that.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips