Ascendant's Magic Shield

Submit hero or skill concepts for critiquing and potential implementation.
Pheonick
Resident
Resident

Ascendant's Magic Shield

#1 Post by Pheonick »

I'm not exactly sure the values of the old shield because I was too busy arsing around with smash and dive to bother with the defensive skills too much. But anyway, my twist on the magic shield is something that makes the skill really quite useful -

Magic Shield/Echo Barrier - Creates an antimagic barrier (of sound) around units in an area (either with the AoE target circle or a shout based move). When damage over 100/200/255/340/440/500 is done to the unit, the damage is reduced by 50/75/120/200/350/440 plus (0.15/0.22/0.32/0.44/0.58/0.78 x Intelligence). Under threshold damage remains unnaffected, protection halves after each limit exceeding magical attack. Affects allied heroes and unis within 200 AoE all ranks. Last 8/10/12/.../18 seconds (Half duration on heroes).

Cripple graphic on affected units.

Imba? Nice? Unusable? Just want to increase your post count? Then comment!
I've been told that, with major surgery, I can become a preeetty good combination doorstep and draft excluder.

I feel...zomg.

"Stop getting up at night, just pee in your closet, it's that easy!" - Billy May

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#2 Post by Tehw00tz »

I'd rather see something to do with "stone form" because he's a gargoyle and stuff.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Shadow.M4L
Resident
Resident

#3 Post by Shadow.M4L »

stone form? now i knew why you had the flame of stuipity before :P

How about a throw them up and then catch them with dive in midair and throw them agains a tower that instant kill it. Because its a awesome combo!

Hahaha thats kinda stupid also^^

I wonder if you can use dive on a Stonegazed person...

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#4 Post by Tehw00tz »

Why would stone form be stupid? It would fit in perfectly with the fact that all gargoyles turn into stone during the day and [according to legend] live at night.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Shadow.M4L
Resident
Resident

#5 Post by Shadow.M4L »

because i think that will give him something like armor and harder to kill.
And the deamon god comes in and says.

t34t h3r0 is tha pwnszerd istn leike hat i layed b3f0re you nubs livd, amt mei th1wkz 1tz da sucks. may t0 1mbAlAnc3d.
4hh y3ah d1d 1 s4y ya sucks?

Something like that^^

Also you made the error and didnt describled your idea into depth. So i though of my own way how you would make it. And that idea would suck for me^^

Pheonick
Resident
Resident

#6 Post by Pheonick »

I've thought up a few variation spells on stone form, some offensive aswell as defensive, but being called the ascendant i assume he is beyond most mere gargoyles.
I've been told that, with major surgery, I can become a preeetty good combination doorstep and draft excluder.

I feel...zomg.

"Stop getting up at night, just pee in your closet, it's that easy!" - Billy May