Eota Ai?

A place to talk about general WC3 and EotA related stuff.
Londroth
Wanderer
Wanderer

Eota Ai?

#1 Post by Londroth »

My group of friends and I love playing this WC3 mod.....however, we normally do it against the computer rather than each other. One question I have is why the ai does not build additional towers? They can totally kick our rears (have only been playing about 2 weeks now usually on insane), but in the end we'll win only because we'll throw up towers and the ai will not. Is there a plan or an older version that does build towers?

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#2 Post by Tehw00tz »

I don't think it's in the AI to get build additional supporting towers, they do however build their obelisk towers. Sometimes they even hire Tavern heroes.

PS: The diffuculty you put the computers on (easy, normal, insane) doesn't change how well they play.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Kibiyama
Addict
Addict

#3 Post by Kibiyama »

They don't build towers because it's the same AI that takes over for a leaver in human vs. human games. If you were carefully strategizing and a computer started using all your cores, you'd be pretty pissed and it would make having a leaver even worse than it already is.
98% of all people think Perhaps is a faggot. If you are in this 98%, put this in your sig.
Tehw00tz wrote:I miss my headset. This headset only covers two of my ears.

Shadow.M4L
Resident
Resident

#4 Post by Shadow.M4L »

I suggest you guys look for more skilled opponents then the AI^^
Playing agains the AI is boring, caus they dont evade area spells, you know after some time how it react on situation and so on.
Also they dont build Spawntower, and normaly my AI games end when i reach level 30~.
Sooo its pretty boring caus you never get a higher level.

I dont know how many you are but a 2on2 on Kedges or (crap whats this name of this new Ud Map? Candleburg? Yeah thank you.)
Candleburg can be funny.

Also visit the clan eota channel in the battle.net its always nice to play a public/inhouse. Escapiley publics where people stay till the end.

Londroth
Wanderer
Wanderer

#5 Post by Londroth »

On any given night we range from 3-7 people. We do a lot of dota and only recently started playing at the eota mod. How long do normal pvp games last? I think we might be able to jump over one night and trying playing against people in clan eota. As a general rule, we won't leave a game, but understand we may not be much competition for awhile.

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#6 Post by Tehw00tz »

What server do you play on?
Games usaully last about 45 minutes to an hour and 30 minutes, but thats only because some people refuse to use -surrender
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Pheonick
Resident
Resident

#7 Post by Pheonick »

-surrender is boring. If all games ended in a surrender I would stop playing EotA. "Oh, we're losing. *endgame* RM?" Some bad situations can get turned around into a win, and if you don't even try, why do you bother playing?

Yes, EotA is mostly just about winning, or learning how to. That's what games generally are.
I've been told that, with major surgery, I can become a preeetty good combination doorstep and draft excluder.

I feel...zomg.

"Stop getting up at night, just pee in your closet, it's that easy!" - Billy May

Londroth
Wanderer
Wanderer

#8 Post by Londroth »

We normally just play in private games, but log onto Azeroth East.