Gloomreap Mire's play style...

Submit hero or skill concepts for critiquing and potential implementation.

Which GloomReap Style do you prefer?

22%
72%
Equal
6%

Total votes: 18

LordSuzaku
Regular
Regular

Re: Gloomreap Mire's play style...

#26 Post by LordSuzaku »

I favor the gloomite style. All of the maps have a different way of accumulating units and gloopreap should revolve around gloomite harvest.

Semi-relevant:

Pubbie Whacking: is not a good way of spreading eota. Personally, I join the "underdog" team just so they have a chance against the team with more clannies.

Upgrades: I want them back please.
*Disclaimer*

LordSuzaku does not have complete control of his opinions as he is actually a pair of brothers.

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#27 Post by mianmian »

Pub Stomping dosent help, I normaly play VS jamn/pool, and some tohers join me, however I dont lose to often :P, still its not always stomping them sometimes it takes a while :D

Not like the IH game last night! rofl
-= I am the Grand Hammer =-
-Lithium flower

Shadow.M4L
Resident
Resident

#28 Post by Shadow.M4L »

I demand the replay of that!

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#29 Post by mianmian »

Here it is
Attachments
Pwnd.w3g
(334.66 KiB) Downloaded 210 times
-Lithium flower

Strychnyne
Addict
Addict

#30 Post by Strychnyne »

Firstly, isn't ANYTHING you write down in a forum your opinion? This is just to one of Mianmian's first posts with an IMO after almost every sentence. No beef really, but it seems rather pointless.

I love Gloom's lanes. They make that map so different from anything out there today. If you don't like the one maps style, vote for the other one. Simple, no?

Also, the new style for Gloomreap is good. The fact that were wasn't an artifact to be had after controlling the Obelisks was annoying. Plus it didn't really fit with the story lines.

As I was reading this thread I had an idea. What if there was a difficulty setting beside the map choices? Candleburg (Easy), Gloomreap Mire (Hard), etc? It could effect what the tips say and would be based on how hard it is to pick up and play. That would make it more newbie friendly, as well as reduce the number of people who just leave when blind-sided by so many options.

For the EotA>DotA games, I find the rivalry brings in the players. They attract people who already understand the AoS mechanics and think they have something to prove with their DotA skills. My prefered name is "Sick of DotA? Try EotA!" This brings players who have tried DotA, played it enough to find its flaws, want something knew, and are willing to give it a try. This results in fewer in game leavers and more people who are willing to play another round after coming into the channel.

DotA is ridiculously hard for newbies. You know why? Because it is almost taken for granted that EVERYONE knows how to play! You can't DL the map over Bnet anymore, period. Every hero requires certain items, with maybe two or three sets that will suffice. If you get the wrong thing or don't even know what recipie you require, you will get flamed out of existance. It's sad really. To get a good game out of DotA you need everyone to know how to play perfectly, and the only way to do that is to play over and over and over and over again, doing the same strategy over and over and over and over again until you have it down to a science. That is the most boring play style for me and makes it so I can only stomach one or two games before getting bored. All Random helps a bit, but then people bitch about having a weak hero, no matter what they buy. Add that in to the fact that people will leave automatically when someone actually IS the pro they state to be, and you've got one boring game.

For the actual reason for this thread, I voted for 1.11 because I think each map should have its own path to victory, requiring different kinds of strategies to win, not just a different cover to the same book.

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#31 Post by mianmian »

Mianmian's first posts with an IMO
I like my IMOs ~~
-Lithium flower

Hammel
Addict
Addict
Location: The other side of the world... wait, the world is flat, right?

#32 Post by Hammel »

Imo (lol...) "imo" just says that the following o(pinion) is just a personal one and no ever-true fact...

Imo skill #### sucks (maybe because I cant use it properly)
Skill #### sucks (no matter what)... see the difference? Well, maybe the example is bad, but still...

Strychnyne
Addict
Addict

#33 Post by Strychnyne »

You can't take any sentence that says "Blank SUCKS" seriously. If you say WHY it sucks, fine. But just saying that blatant statement won't be taken seriously. If it does, well, there is something wrong with you.

Anything you write is your opinion. People can take it for what that's worth any way they want to. Obviously it's your opinion since you wrote it. I don't think that would chance the responses you'd get at all. No one has had to fight for their comment by saying, "Well, I meant to say IMO."

Something
Regular
Regular

#34 Post by Something »

I can live without air.

Fact, opinion, fiction?
Something.

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#35 Post by Tehw00tz »

I'd move for a test, Something.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

FutatsuNoOmoi
Resident
Resident

#36 Post by FutatsuNoOmoi »

Well if you want it to fit Gloomreap better, then the workers should all have to be murloc slaves that you have to purchase for your army. Since after all they would know best on how to harvest their native substance. ^_^ .v

Also it would be nice to have something similar for "-o" but for the workers. If you want to make things simpler for players, that would be one thing that would help. Along with making the gloomite patches structures so that they show up in fog of war, so that you can target them at long distances without sight.

Perhaps we'll see these things or similar in the next version? Don't axe, me axe Yak! ^_^ .v

LordSuzaku
Regular
Regular

#37 Post by LordSuzaku »

I agree with the: Candleburg (Easy)
Gloomreap (Hard)

etc.
*Disclaimer*

LordSuzaku does not have complete control of his opinions as he is actually a pair of brothers.

Elreth
Resident
Resident

#38 Post by Elreth »

The difference between EotA and DotA is that in DotA theres the perception that if you're a noob and you're sucking then it's your fault. Whereas in EotA, new players simply blame the map. Youll get that a lot from the "DotA Pros" who joined the game to amaze everyone and end up sucking a lot of ass. "This map sucks! DOTA IS BETTER!" "Why?" DOTAPLAYERKING has left the game.
And so forth.

As for game names... lets not worry about who started what trend what turned out to be a mistake... I usually host with pretty random game names now, but I have found that Strych's works pretty well.

For new players I always thought it would be cool there was like a tutorial they could do which would teach them the basics (possibly on the unused parts of the map?); maybe even multi-part where they would use their code to get to the next part so its not too much at once (or just say which part they want). And in the meantime, the AI would play for them and place the ob etc.; then afterwards their xp/gold would be set to the average of the rest of the players. Maybe suggestions if someone has a lot of gold, or certain items if theyre dying a lot, like invis detecting items if they die to the infi a lot.

I dont suppose you could change the n00b to "Read your scroll" or something... >_> Ive always felt that people's primary concern is not getting behind in levels (and therefore pretty much screwed in a lot of AoSs) which is why the tutorial might be effective if it assures them that they will prolly be effectively playing better while theyre doing it.