Gargoyle totally imbalanced now

Raise concerns about balance.

Moderator: Mills

BLUEPOWERVAN
Regular
Regular

Gargoyle totally imbalanced now

#1 Post by BLUEPOWERVAN »

This is what happens when you fix a skill, improves its speed, damage and healing, and coincidentally give it a new totally imbalanced and/or buggy skill (aberration).

Dive skill is far too good. Best single target damage skill, which is coincidentally also an aoe, disable. I can regularly 1 shot non strength heroes at higher levels, by diving picking them up and then carrying them through friendly creeps. I really haven't even played AGAINST gargoyle, but I've played as him several times and its so easy to completely dominate the game... with a high str FLYING hero and very imbalanced skill set.

My thoughts about aberration are in the bug report forum =/.

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#2 Post by mianmian »

I have to agree with this, Garg is really strong atm, its more Abberation then anything, dive is kinda strong but mostly just because you can move the other hero.
-= I am the Grand Hammer =-
-Lithium flower

Shadow.M4L
Resident
Resident

#3 Post by Shadow.M4L »

How about making it a Point Spell only and not a unittarget spell?
So you could miss the target when you dont pay attention?

Demongod86
Regular
Regular

#4 Post by Demongod86 »

I have to agree here...this hero is retarded. Ranged, flying, and STRENGTH?! Sorry but when you become invulnerable to some heroes practically completely (infiltrator comes to mind), there has to be a downside and that downside should be the lowest HP in the game.

In fact, what the heck is the *disadvantage* of having flying heroes that can just completely ignore all of the terrain?
/you SHUT THE FUCK UP, GODDAMMIT!

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#5 Post by Tehw00tz »

Infiltraitor has no problem taking out Plight at low levels. I can use a net and AoO without having the slightest problem.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Pheonick
Resident
Resident

#6 Post by Pheonick »

Ascendant has always been a good hero, Aberration should be removed, though - far too powerful. I have suggested an alternative skill that should make dive more balanced aswell.
I've been told that, with major surgery, I can become a preeetty good combination doorstep and draft excluder.

I feel...zomg.

"Stop getting up at night, just pee in your closet, it's that easy!" - Billy May

Demongod86
Regular
Regular

#7 Post by Demongod86 »

Tehw00tz wrote:Infiltraitor has no problem taking out Plight at low levels. I can use a net and AoO without having the slightest problem.
But doesn't that work on anyone? What's the disadvantage of flying? I know that in enmity campaign (another aos), flying heroes could be netted for exorbitantly long amounts of time which made that aspect of them a liability in some cases.

What is the *disadvantage* of being able to fly over any which terrain when you need to make a getaway or swoop in?

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse

#8 Post by Tehw00tz »

1. Yes it works
2. It has no disadvantage
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Demongod86
Regular
Regular

#9 Post by Demongod86 »

So don't other heroes need something as special to make up for the garg's flying advantage?

Pheonick
Resident
Resident

#10 Post by Pheonick »

Nope, Ascendant just needs a disadvantage.
I've been told that, with major surgery, I can become a preeetty good combination doorstep and draft excluder.

I feel...zomg.

"Stop getting up at night, just pee in your closet, it's that easy!" - Billy May

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse

#11 Post by Tehw00tz »

Yes.
Plight is imba, this isn't new to anyone.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Pheonick
Resident
Resident

#12 Post by Pheonick »

Especially not to me, I thought he was imba from the start, I just kept my big mout shut.
:D

I feel...zomg.

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#13 Post by mianmian »

Actually before the pickup of Dive and Abberation he sucked ass.

And there are a draw back, Harpy has absurdly low HP.

Plight is also slow as fuck.

There are drawbacks, so pay attention ~~
-Lithium flower

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse

#14 Post by Tehw00tz »

When you have a skill like dive, slow isn't a drawback, and the way I've seen most people play him they just mass agility so movespeed becomes one of his strong points.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#15 Post by mianmian »

Hmmm, I've never seen that :P

Slow can be bad though ~~
-Lithium flower

Pheonick
Resident
Resident

#16 Post by Pheonick »

I just mass strength. Being a flying hero with an insane amount of health, escapes would only be a problem on kedge's or candleburg, with relatively flat landscape.
Plight never sucked ass when his moves actually worked, his innate dispels and loses targetting, can often be very helpful in escapes, only sometimes detrimental. You could even have dived to safety or use terra smash to slow pursuers.
His only spells i don't like are his ult and his 'c' skill (both) so far. Magic shield would've been very useful, especially against AC, AA, DW, etc. I'd actually like to see it's return, maybe with the cripple graphic rather than the scroll of protection one.

I feel...zomg.

BLUEPOWERVAN
Regular
Regular

#17 Post by BLUEPOWERVAN »

revisited : seriously, 3 aoe skills, (dive can very effectively be used as aoe)

he is not as slow as people who chase him are when he terra smashes them.. circumstancially dive can one-shot any hero

but mostly its the huge str hero + flying... so many creep skills dont work on him (fenris has nothing but howl, reaver can't charge and his acid shield doesnt reduce fliers damage, and so on)

tons of aoe, high hp, excellent anti-hero, even buffing with aberration... smas is good siege AND HE FLIES... Plight just has everything going for him and not a single drawback

Fierach
Visitor
Visitor

#18 Post by Fierach »

I recommand that you make him agil. Reduce the strength gain or base strength (I can pick up gravel easily with some strength items). Make him melee. Reduce agil. Add some more base armor. Reduce terra smash damage because the slow is pretty good. Abberation, like said, should be fixed/nerfed.

Net-type weapons or items or skills should last longer on flying heros.

Demongod86
Regular
Regular

#19 Post by Demongod86 »

Just make his starting str 14 and reduce str gain to 1 per level, and reduce range to melee.

Also, make nets work 10 seconds against flying heroes.

Furthermore, disallow aberration to be used on anything but ghoul banshee or necro.

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse

#20 Post by Tehw00tz »

Demongod86 wrote:Just make his starting str 14 and reduce str gain to 1 per level, and reduce range to melee.

Furthermore, disallow aberration to be used on anything but ghoul banshee or necro.

First off, 14 strength and ONE per level? Are you out of your mind? Him without items would be pathetic. Think of it, a level 30 melee hero with 44 strength AND nets last TEN seconds on him, oh and his only would be redeeming skill would take your crystal/item focus off strength to agility. Oh and btw having his strength that low at level one makes him start with 280 hp (gaining 20 hp per level), effectively making him as useful in battle as a hemophiliac in a scissor factory.

This guy isn't THAT powerful.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

LordSuzaku
Regular
Regular

#21 Post by LordSuzaku »

After trying to beat down that blasted flier, I'd suggest a movespeed and/or armor reduction. He should keep his power but not his tanking or speed.

Demongod86
Regular
Regular

#22 Post by Demongod86 »

Tehw00tz wrote:
Demongod86 wrote:Just make his starting str 14 and reduce str gain to 1 per level, and reduce range to melee.

First off, 14 strength and ONE per level? Are you out of your mind? Him without items would be pathetic. Think of it, a level 30 melee hero with 44 strength AND nets last TEN seconds on him, oh and his only would be redeeming skill would take your crystal/item focus off strength to agility. Oh and btw having his strength that low at level one makes him start with 280 hp (gaining 20 hp per level), effectively making him as useful in battle as a hemophiliac in a scissor factory.

This guy isn't THAT powerful.
Multiple heroes get low strength ratings. As of the moment, a garg with orb of life + knight's armor = invulnerable.

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse

#23 Post by Tehw00tz »

You could say the same about Gravel, Alexander, Chrona, Bane, and Prince Rue.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Demongod86
Regular
Regular

#24 Post by Demongod86 »

Yes, except they don't completely ignore terrain or have a million direct damage abilities.

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse

#25 Post by Tehw00tz »

Stone Throw, Grand Rune, Degeneration, Caustic Breath, and Mortal Strike.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP