Differences between spawns?

Submit hero or skill concepts for critiquing and potential implementation.
Shadow.M4L
Resident
Resident

Differences between spawns?

#1 Post by Shadow.M4L »

Well i tested yesterday eota solo without pcs.

And it was funny to see that Elven Spawns > UD. Caus UD had less damage compared to their Elven enemies.
Maybe you gave them more attackspeed or something but i dont think its logical then that Elven beat the crap out of UD within a hour or less.

And i dont know if you know yak but u can use this http://rinpunswork.pwnedlist.com/unitbalancer/

In the end i just wanted to ask whats the difference about the spawns? Anyone can tell me this?

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Differences between spawns?

#2 Post by DarnYak »

Shadow.M4L wrote:Maybe you gave them more attackspeed
They already have increased attack speed. It is possible I missed some numbers somewhere that mess things up, but in my searching I haven't found any.

What's slightly more likely is a combination of mechanics that end up causing a supring difference in the end result. Something akin to when in SC1, Zealots would normaly kill a zerging in 3 hits, but with a single weapon upgrade it would be reduced to 2 hits, thus they'd take several hits less from the zergling.

However, I've seen UD win against Elves and Creeps in test games, so I'm more likely to just blame it on fucked up luck with spawn timings.

DarnYak

Shadow.M4L
Resident
Resident

#3 Post by Shadow.M4L »

Hmm ok... seems its just random every game. But its weird that the UD base was destroyed and the Elven tower did not lost 1 hp.

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#4 Post by mianmian »

UD overall seem to be weaker spawns from what ive seen (mostly VS creeps, VS elves they seem fine) wich makes not a whole lot of sense since creeps and elves are balance, but I dunno, thats what it is.
-= I am the Grand Hammer =-
-Lithium flower

Strychnyne
Addict
Addict

#5 Post by Strychnyne »

I am seeing the same thing. UD usually lose a bottom or top expansion much faster than usual. In the last game I played, they lost middle with just one knight tower throwing the balance.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#6 Post by DarnYak »

Just to make everyone happy, I ran all the basic elf vs ud units through the unit balancer linked above. Every single one had the elf unit win with <2% health left (that's one hit from death), which tells me their numbers are balanced offhand. I dont think the fact that the elves always won by 1 hit nessairly means anything becuase those timing issues dont play out the same way in real games, espeicaly with multiple units involved.

DarnYak

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#7 Post by mianmian »

Did you run them through UD vs Creeps?
-= I am the Grand Hammer =-
-Lithium flower