Ascendant's New Skill

Raise concerns about balance.

Moderator: Mills

Pheonick
Resident
Resident

Ascendant's New Skill

#1 Post by Pheonick »

I'm kinda glad energy shield is gone, didn't seem right for Plight. Aberration seems cool, but... yeah I don't think it feels right either. I'm thinking a defensive buff here:

First off the dive attack's pickup has some problems, mainly it being imbalanced in it's capacity for disabling heros. It -is- a bit tricky to get the pickup but it's effect is a very nice reward, so I propose the ability be split.
Lethal lunge stays as a mash pushback dive with the consume effect as original, but the pikup is removed. Instead of aberration or energy shiled he now has a corpse shield ability. This ability can be cast only on non-hero ground units, picking them up as a shiled (name is a work in progress). It asorbs a percentage of physical damage (say 50% just for hypothetical reasons) and perishes when the total HP of the unit has depleted and can sometimes give a free and total block of damage (no damage to shield of hero). Also the ascendant can consume the body for a percentage of it's max health over a time period which decreases with levels. Not sure whether he dives on the unit from afar or melee range or if he can also throw the unit for line/splash damage. As the idea stands, the unit reatins a rising percentage of the HP it had before pickup of which this value, and the block and consume percentages, increase with level. Non stackable, btw we're not having another rune shield hero.
That's my idea, whaddya think?
I've been told that, with major surgery, I can become a preeetty good combination doorstep and draft excluder.

I feel...zomg.

"Stop getting up at night, just pee in your closet, it's that easy!" - Billy May

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#2 Post by Tehw00tz »

I still think it should've been called demonic insemination
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3 Post by DarnYak »

Tehw00tz wrote:I still think it should've been called demonic insemination
Plight is neither a demon, nor is he raping the units.

DarnYak