AA and AM...

Raise concerns about balance.

Moderator: Mills

Demongod86
Regular
Regular

AA and AM...

#1 Post by Demongod86 »

AA: Why the hell is she so random? For instance, the meteors could shoot off in any which direction, and your familiar not exactly doing what you need it to be at that particular moment is also infuriating. It'd be a lot nicer if you could control that thing somehow, like at level 6 to be able to entangle/faerie fire the correct hero and starfall when it's needed, and generate gold, whatever...also, why can't she target herself with ethereal heal? The naga oracle bitch regenerates about as much with one drop of her LOLOVERPOWERED heal.

Arcane Mistress: Uhh...WHY THE HELL DOES INFERNAL BINDING DO SO LITTLE DAMAGE?! For a level 6 spell, it's less than 300 damage! When you're talking about heroes like Lich and Witch Doctor two-shotting heroes with their nukes, why does AM, the classic EotA hero killer, have so little damage? Can we up it to like 20/40/60/80/100/120+.2/.4/.6/.8/1/1.2x int per shot?

Also, is it me or do these two heroes have basically no synergy whatsoever among their skills at all?

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#2 Post by Tehw00tz »

If you didn't know, you can use infernal binding then shoot at the ethrael enemy with the enchanted arrows, causing them to do more damage.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#3 Post by jamn455 »

Please dont post until you have a little bit of an understanding of the game talking about balance issues about heroes.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

Demongod86
Regular
Regular

#4 Post by Demongod86 »

Tehw00tz wrote:If you didn't know, you can use infernal binding then shoot at the ethrael enemy with the enchanted arrows, causing them to do more damage.
Yes, I know that. But when that demon hunter drops banish and polarize on you and you're getting raped hard or when that witchdoctor smacks you for half to three fourths of your life with his insane nukes, doesn't it comparison look sort of silly that you have to go through all that trouble when they can one-click it?

What am I missing?

As for understanding the game, sorta hard when it's hardly hosted =[

Hammel
Addict
Addict
Location: The other side of the world... wait, the world is flat, right?

#5 Post by Hammel »

Host yourself, opening a port in a firewall (or router) isnt too hard...

And if the AM is so weak, why do I get tons of kills with her then? Btw, you dont even need her exploding arrows to attack ethereal targets...

AA's Ethereal Healing also turns the target ethereal, making it invulnerable to most normal attacks, especially spawnies will let go of them and they can run to safety (at normal speed). Naga's heal is also delayed and a bit random, when there are lots of units around, you dont necessarily hit the hero in need of healing.

Ohh, and why do I never have problems with the Fam? As we are talking of the Fam, congratulations that you actually saw him cast something, many people are just too ignorant to see that...

And in terms of comparing these guys to Undead, they've been added THIS version... you really think their balance is perfect already? Even the "ohh so great" DotA takes time to balance new heroes, sometimes completely revamping them before they are acceptable (and they get way more input there, possibly helping them do it faster )...

Storamin
Addict
Addict

Re: AA and AM...

#6 Post by Storamin »

Demongod86 wrote:The naga oracle bitch regenerates about as much with one drop of her LOLOVERPOWERED heal.

LOLOVERPOWERED is the technical term, the layman's guide would be L2Play.
Demongod86 wrote:Arcane Mistress: Uhh...WHY THE HELL DOES INFERNAL BINDING DO SO LITTLE DAMAGE?! For a level 6 spell, it's less than 300 damage! When you're talking about heroes like Lich and Witch Doctor two-shotting heroes with their nukes, why does AM, the classic EotA hero killer, have so little damage? Can we up it to like 20/40/60/80/100/120+.2/.4/.6/.8/1/1.2x int per shot?
So tell me, what makes you say that AM is a classic EotA hero killer?

Take a look at her other abilities... what's she really good at?

Hammel
Addict
Addict
Location: The other side of the world... wait, the world is flat, right?

#7 Post by Hammel »

Before I forget it, didnt we nerf AM in 1.10 since she was too good?

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#8 Post by Dekar »

Only the magic attack base dmg was reduced a little bit. I still use her as perfect hero killer with IB + BA + Dmg.

Ofc the main damage comes from the normal attack, but banish increased it by a good amount and slows.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

Demongod86
Regular
Regular

#9 Post by Demongod86 »

Yeah, you upgrade all of that damage several times over...that Lich or Witch Doctor hero can just one-click and smack you for the amount of damage AM does with IB+several shots of BA.

Fair?
/you SHUT THE FUCK UP, GODDAMMIT!

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#10 Post by Tehw00tz »

1. buy health potions
2. get damaged
3. use health potions
4. ????
5. PROFIT!!
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

BoBoTheBum
Visitor
Visitor

#11 Post by BoBoTheBum »

Teh, stop exploiting the game. >:| Health potions are meant as inventory slot fillers and no more.
WTF NERF wrote:Polar Furbolgs' weapon attack sound changed from WoodHeavyBash to WoodMediumBash
WTF DUDE, WTF WERE SO SCREWED NOW

IMBAAAAAAAAAAA

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#12 Post by mianmian »

Demon, AM isnt a PK hero, shes the ultimate combo hero, she combos great with any hero, she can siege/pk/slow/push etc... she counters hero, and she has one of the best Ults in the game.

AA I dont find that random, sure meteors are a bit, but you get used to it, its not really that bad (Although I have seen some wonky meteors, but deal with it, its strong enough as it is)

As to the whole Fam thing, it entagles are great times in my expirience, the Starfall has always been a joke though, but it dosent really matter, shes still one of the stronger heroes.. by far.
-= I am the Grand Hammer =-
-Lithium flower

Demongod86
Regular
Regular

#13 Post by Demongod86 »

Actually with that ulti I've never really gotten it to work much magic...it always killed 2 or 3 units and stunned 20 and the next 3 seconds I'm back to square one. Her skills really have no synergy aside from IB+BA...she comboes well with people but alone...pfeh...

I guess I'll stick to AA with mass haste and A-clicking heroes.

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#14 Post by mianmian »

I'm sorry but at level 2-3 with 75% chance of killing units, its the best push stopper in the game.

As AA, going mass haste then attacking heroes is terrible, AA has shit damage,

Also, for AM, how do her skills have no synergy? Haunt stops a tower from attacking, combined with cloud stopping heroes from casting spells, thats a great push combo. IB+Cloud basicly CCs a hero, at will, wich is amazing offensive and defensive. Black Arrow + IB is awsome too :D

On a side note, multi-hero synergy is extremly important, ganking people is this thing called "teamwork", I know its kinda rare, but if found, its extremly powerfull ~~ so keep your eyes peeled
-Lithium flower

Pheonick
Resident
Resident

#15 Post by Pheonick »

I'm repeating a lot of comments here, but I'm just trying to summarise here.

AAs Meteor Storm at all levels has a fairly good chance of hitting intended units, especially if you familiar has roots or if you learnt ice wall. It may miss, but don't you dare complain about a ranged cast AoE stun/damage spell missing once or twice. As for the mega nukers, DW outperforms pretty much all of them with his superiority of AoE nukes and his great single nuke ulti. Mass haste is a great skill, but using it on your hero to attack faster? Nuh-uh, it's AoE for a reason - use it on an army at high levels and couple it with a + damage buff of your choice. Familiar can kill an extra unit for you every so often, don't underestimate it, cast a disabling spell, has an AoE (albeit weak, but with massive potential in its high range), ice wall which can make her and her familiar's skills doubly effective, and a heal which can be annoying to allies at times, but when used well is one of the best single target heals (or so i've heard).

AM is 'teh pwn' at most game elements. The rarely gotten Haunt is extremely useful, but most people like to get her anti-hero skills. Disabling one tower every so often at low levels and 2 towers at once in the higher is nothing to be sniffed at. Infernal binding does decent enough damage at the higher levels, unless it has been nerfed in 1.11. It's is at best effectiveness using it in a combo (Gust, Ice Lance, Smite, <INSERT IGNORE nuke here>) or by massing damaging items (with crit gloves, mm-mm) and slaying the slowed an vulnerable hero. Is not so great against healing heroes, but mind fog fixes that very well.
Basically what we have here is a hero with a passive innate summon, a defense disabling debuff, a mass-murder nuke that also stuns for ages, an attack enhancement that causes great AoE damage on unit death, an aoe silence and a spell damage enhancing nuke. IMO she solos as well as team plays and does it without breaking a sweat.
I've been told that, with major surgery, I can become a preeetty good combination doorstep and draft excluder.

I feel...zomg.

"Stop getting up at night, just pee in your closet, it's that easy!" - Billy May

Demongod86
Regular
Regular

#16 Post by Demongod86 »

In 1.11, its damage is laughably bad (IB's that is). It doesn't even break 300.

Pheonick
Resident
Resident

#17 Post by Pheonick »

Demongod86 wrote:In 1.11, its damage is laughably bad (IB's that is). It doesn't even break 300.
Thank god, it's been balanced.

By the way, i believe Oracle's heal is getting nerfed.
I've been told that, with major surgery, I can become a preeetty good combination doorstep and draft excluder.

I feel...zomg.

"Stop getting up at night, just pee in your closet, it's that easy!" - Billy May

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#18 Post by mianmian »

Ok, im sorry but your retarted if you think it dosent break 300.

I was playnig AM the other day for fun, I was level 22, and had IB at leevl 4 (I got it late) and it was doing more then 300.

At level 6 it was doing 400+

This seems low, but with black arrow, its her attacks and the stopping them from moving that does it.
-Lithium flower

Demongod86
Regular
Regular

#19 Post by Demongod86 »

I recall its level 6 stats being 220+.48x int, so unless you have like 160 int, how are you breaking 300?

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#20 Post by mianmian »

I dunno, ill go play a game and prove it, seriously.

at level 6 its (20+0.12int)*6 = 120+.72int

]Anyway, at level 26 (the 1st level you can get level 6 IB) I had 85 int, AM gets 2.5? int per level, I had 85 int, and my IB did exactly 300 damage... so ya GG
-Lithium flower

Something
Regular
Regular

#21 Post by Something »

Hammel wrote:Host yourself, opening a port in a firewall (or router) isnt too hard...
Just wanted to note that unless your computer is the host computer through the router, you can't host. Futatsu can host, but I can't. I used to be able to, but we passed off "host" to his computer, since he has more need of it than myself.

Also, Arcane Mistress is great. Her ability to bind you, and shoot you from a distance, and then outrun you, is annoying, and painful. On top of that, her mind fog is a great way to disable various heros from using their abilities. As stated, her ultimate is very good as well.

A properly built Arcane Mistress can take quite a few heros from full to under half in a short amount of time, so what are you complaining about?
Something.

Shadow.M4L
Resident
Resident

#22 Post by Shadow.M4L »

mianmian wrote:I dunno, ill go play a game and prove it, seriously.

]Anyway, at level 26 (the 1st level you can get level 6 IB) I had 85 int, AM gets 2.5? int per level, I had 85 int, and my IB did exactly 300 damage... so ya GG
6th Grade Math?~

I think Demongod needs some serious advices ingame, maybe we should gather for a testgame with him.

If he is again a member and i didnt know that, well ok then.

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#23 Post by mianmian »

6th Grade Math?
It works :D
-Lithium flower

Shadow.M4L
Resident
Resident

#24 Post by Shadow.M4L »

Well not quite~

I ment it was 6th grade math which means demongod doesnt know 6th grade math, which means he isnt in the 6th grade yet. Or he is but he cant do 6th grade math^^

Demongod86
Regular
Regular

#25 Post by Demongod86 »

mianmian wrote:I dunno, ill go play a game and prove it, seriously.

120+.72x85 is NOT 300. In fact, that should have done 181.2 damage, unless there's a huge bug.