Report bugs.
BLUEPOWERVAN
Regular
Regular

<FIXED> infinite huntresses bug with flank

#1 Post by BLUEPOWERVAN »

itz easy:

step 1: flank
step 2: go somewhere where you can attack and sit happily invis (say an obelisk or whatever)

step 3: order huntresses to attack
step 4: wait a few seconds for more huntresses to arrive
step 5 rinse and repeat steps 3 and 4 !
Attachments
Flank BUG Replay.w3g
(46.83 KiB) Downloaded 251 times

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)

#2 Post by jamn455 »

I see anyone in the clan on east use this, and you will be removed from clan, no question.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#3 Post by Tehw00tz »

Same for West, don't use this at all.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Hammel
Addict
Addict
Location: The other side of the world... wait, the world is flat, right?

#4 Post by Hammel »

Used that in a test game, with great, noticable effect, even told Yak, he didnt change anything (although it might be difficult to change something on it...)...

Is it possible that it is intended? :-/

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#5 Post by Dekar »

So thats how you killed the base :lol:
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#6 Post by mianmian »

Well thats interesting, Glad you poseted it Blue, somethings we do need to regulate, or try to as a clan at least (1.08 BP coems to mind).

Rofl at the threat of removing people
-= I am the Grand Hammer =-
-Lithium flower

Hammel
Addict
Addict

#7 Post by Hammel »

No, Dek... Yak scanned for me (as Oracle), and their dmg isnt high enough... they also tend to mass in one place so that a cannon tower takes them out with 2 shots... that's why my damage was needed (banner+tali of the sun)... still, sometimes I just sat around and let the hunts do the work...

However, are you sure it needs a nerf/to be forbidden? Hunts dont deal so much damage, die like flies and take some time to respawn in masses... guess it is like 18 seconds on level 6 (2 hunts every 3 seconds, like 13 hunts total)... by that time, 2 or 3 heroes can tele there and drive the Tact away, isnt too hard... Harpy is WAY more annoying and better at backstabbing... then you could ban backstabbing in general as well.

Before I forget it: In the test game I got killed SEVERAL times while doing that... wouldnt have happened to a good harpy, I suppose...

BLUEPOWERVAN
Regular
Regular

#8 Post by BLUEPOWERVAN »

I'm pretty sure its unintended that a level 1 huntress can just waltz into the mountain obelisk locations and kill the whole guard and obelisk without losing any health unless someone comes by with detection.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#9 Post by Dekar »

If she does that she will be behind 15 levels and no real problem for the rest of the game. :o
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

Hammel
Addict
Addict

#10 Post by Hammel »

Like any other kind of backdooring, I suppose Yak wont do anything to it... as long as it isnt worse than Harpy or BP/RK ult-nuking a base... and it definately isnt that strong...

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#11 Post by DarnYak »

Hammel wrote:Like any other kind of backdooring, I suppose Yak wont do anything to it... as long as it isnt worse than Harpy or BP/RK ult-nuking a base... and it definately isnt that strong...
My focus is more on if countering it is fair and realistic then stopping it completely.

Not saying this is the case currently.

DarnYak

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#12 Post by mianmian »

Backdooring as Tact is pointless IMO, even with the new uber flank.

Your better pushing (2nd best pusing hero, maybe 3rd now :P) and owning bases, its easier, you out level other people (instead of under-leveling) and you still control the lane.

Backdooring is lame, but I mean, if you get to the point when RK BP or Harpy can waltz into your base and own it, you have bigger fish to fry.
-= I am the Grand Hammer =-
-Lithium flower

Hammel
Addict
Addict

#13 Post by Hammel »

To stop Tact from using this you just need a tele scroll, Amu of Detection and a disable, then you kill her and everything is fine... High Oracle/Naga just needs a scroll, for example...

To stop a harpy, you buy 10 tele scrolls, jump to where she is, she flies over a cliff and you can either camp there (obviously not too good) or leave, making her come back so you need to tele again (or tele somewhere else when she goes there)... not good either...

And since Yak doesn't do anything against harpy, why would he do something against the new Flank?

Btw, of course Tact can escape, but since she is a ground unit and doesnst have so much agi (and can be targeted by more spells), it is way more likely for her to get caught...

BLUEPOWERVAN
Regular
Regular

#14 Post by BLUEPOWERVAN »

for the record I think the easiest way of dealing with this would be to disable control of the huntresses while they are stealthed