[DF] Blazestreaties

A place to talk about non-EotA-related topics.
DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

[DF] Blazestreaties

#1 Post by DarnYak »

We discussed doing this several months ago, and since I got bored I decided to start this: The EotA dwarf fortress succession game!

To begin, I rename all my servants to commemorate this wonderful new life ahead of them in my empire.

The beggining is fairly undramatic. My servants get to work setting up workshops, unloading, and...WHATS THIS

My keen lordly senses detect that someone besides me isn't doing anything. And its none other then Dirty, the farmer. Well, we dont have anything to farm at the moment, so he gets drafted to be a fisherman. Enjoy.

Which reminds me, I should setup a farm. Go dig, Orcface.

Meanwhile, I decided to erect a statue to honor our arrival here, as well as boost morale (as if they need anymorale boosting with me around). Not only that, but it would be a very sacred]/i] statue made by Lord Yak himself. However, just as I was about to get to work, my servents kicked me out of the workshop and built the statue themselves. I'm glad to see thier well trained.

Oh, and we found a river. And my servents questioned if this would be a good place to build or not, heh.

Due to things going so well, I felt it was appropriate to improve the area around my statue.

An area for farming has been cleared, now if only one of those seasonable floods would happen. With that ready, I ordered Orcface to start carving out structures for the town square. Most importnatly, this would include my private shack, which will later become a tourist attraction after my castle is built across the river. The bar and barracks could come after.

Eventualy, summer arrives, and here's the current state of the fortress.

So far, there's been no flood. I begin to grow slightly concerned. And then..

The flood's coming! Except, Dirty's sleeping in the mud next to the river. Didn't have any strength to move after fishing all day, I suppose, and now he gets to drown for it. Guess i'll have to make Elfhugger take up farming.

But wait! He lives! And he slept through it all! Amazing! This calls for...YOU TO GET YOUR STUPID ASS TO FARMING. Dumbshit, don't sleep by the river.

And now what the hell is this? The center of my town is filled with dust and rocks flying everywhere. Orcface is a moron that doens't know how to prevent cave ins, apparently. Not trusting anyone else, I properly support the area and scold Orcface. If it happens again, i'm making him sleep in the alley like a bum from now on.

That dealt with, I go off to grab a bite to eat. And this is what i find.

Some idiot dwarf took out 12 EXTREMELY good dwarven beer biscuits, and left them to rot for no good reason, and now their stinking up the center of the damned fortress. This is just wrong on so many levels, and our food supply isn't that well off either. If I ever find who did it, it won't be something as simple as sleeping in the alley.

Soon, the town's central plaza will be completed, after Orcface finishes digging the channel for the water. And then we'll have a big celebration...aw crap, ORCFACE GODDAMN YOU. I spot a section of the cavern just waiting to collapse and ruin the new plaza. Quickly running outside to grab materials for a second support, I return and start...

Attachments
end.gif
end.gif (3.82 KiB) Viewed 202840 times
rotten.gif
rotten.gif (47.71 KiB) Viewed 202839 times
flood.gif
flood.gif (5.62 KiB) Viewed 202840 times
summer.gif
summer.gif (54.42 KiB) Viewed 202839 times
engraving2.gif
engraving2.gif (20.88 KiB) Viewed 202839 times
engraving1.gif
engraving1.gif (21.57 KiB) Viewed 202839 times
statue1.gif
statue1.gif (1.01 KiB) Viewed 202840 times
statue start.gif
statue start.gif (46.17 KiB) Viewed 202839 times
river.gif
river.gif (44.86 KiB) Viewed 202839 times
screen01.gif
screen01.gif (45.95 KiB) Viewed 202839 times
names.gif
names.gif (4.42 KiB) Viewed 202840 times
embark.gif
embark.gif (33.72 KiB) Viewed 202839 times

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2 Post by DarnYak »

Fucking attatchments.

Shortling's taking over till Spring. After that, anyone who volunteers to take over for a year (or untill thier chosen dwarf avatar is killed) is free to do so, provided they finish thier turn within 1 week and are the first to reply that their taking over. Catastrophic results will probably demand a rollback to the beginning of your turn.

DarnYak

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#3 Post by Tehw00tz »

Lord Yak, Mechanic got squished in a cave collapse.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#4 Post by Dekar »

I wanted to wait till all the physics stuff is finished until i play DF again, but I may take part in the bloodline game if i have enough time and the mood.

Everyone who isnt playing DF at the moment should try ADOM, a very good roguelike.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#5 Post by mianmian »

WoW, still at DF :D no wonder test8 isnt done :D

Anyway, rofl at Yak getting pwnd by the cave :D, looks cool, but I could never play DF, roguelikes are cool but ASCII makes me want to die, I have trouble seeing stuff in it.

Anyway, GL to whoever takes over, hopefully they can manage not to get themselves killed! :D
-= I am the Grand Hammer =-
-Lithium flower

Shortling
Wanderer
Wanderer

#6 Post by Shortling »

Finished up until spring. Nothing of note happened, 11 new immigrants arrived and I mined out 109 bedrooms and 8 noble suites. Food stocks aren't great but shouldn't cause any problems either. Whoever plays next should expect the immigrant wave after the next caravan shows up to be massive. There's a small herd of elephants lurking to the north, but they haven't bothered anyone yet. Yak's working on uploading the new save, since it's larger than the allowed size limit on attachments.

On the bright side, no one died.
Less is more.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#7 Post by DarnYak »

Ok, whoever posts first claiming it can take over for the next year. Quit at the start of next spring and pass it to the next person. Writeups are good.
WoW, still at DF no wonder test8 isnt done
I took about an hour to do my short lived turn, and it was after the test was postponed anyway. I hadn't touched df for about 6 months before this.

DarnYak

EDIT - Having problems uploading the save. Sparda if you read this, could you see if you can spot any issues with file attatchment limits? I changed the settign in the admin panel, but it said there may be a differnt server configuration file preventing it.

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#8 Post by Tehw00tz »

Tried using winrar to compress it to a rar file?
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Discombobulator
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Karunecm

#9 Post by Discombobulator »

upload it to rapidshare or my.opera.com?
I'm this forum's MVP.

Sparda963
Site Admin
Site Admin
Battle.net name: Sparda963

#10 Post by Sparda963 »

How big of a file are we talking about here? I set the limits to 10MB. If that isnt big enough I will implement another method of doing this as i doubt the forum program can handel anything much bigger then that.
It's not rape if you yell surprise!

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#11 Post by DarnYak »

I suck and kept getting distracted whenever I wanted to deal with this.

Download here: http://rapidshare.com/files/32470420/DF ... n.zip.html

Rules: First person to post claiming it gets rights to it. Maximum of one week from posting time to upload their turn, otherwise they get skipped. Play for ONE YEAR ONLY, ending as soon as it turns spring. A report such as I made would be ideal, but unless you have some way to make it interesting, dont just post everything you do.

DarnYak

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#12 Post by DarnYak »

1.11's not going anywhere till i'm certain these poor dwarves are well taken care of!

DarnYak