EotA: Twilight NY.5 Download

Learn about and comment on the next version of EotA in development.
watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: watermelon_1234

EotA: Twilight NY.5 Download

#1 Post by watermelon »

Attachments
EotA_Twilight_NY_5.w3x
(2.18 MiB) Downloaded 406 times

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

Re: EotA: Twilight NY.5 Download

#2 Post by watermelon »

Experimental feature!
Attachments
EotA_Twilight_NY_5a.w3x
(2.18 MiB) Downloaded 393 times

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#3 Post by watermelon »

MEH
Hopefully address polymorph bug. I'll deal with the audio stuff later after we get more games in.
Attachments
EotA_Twilight_NY_5a2.w3x
(2.18 MiB) Downloaded 402 times

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#4 Post by watermelon »

Changes
It's a small version, but this should remove the obnoxious lag from AI Storm casting Thunderstorm.
Let me know if you guys were fortunate enough to get struck by lightning to see if the lag get removed. I won't be able to play today.
Attachments
EotA_Twilight_NY_5b.w3x
(2.18 MiB) Downloaded 382 times

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#5 Post by watermelon »

Attachments
EotA_Twilight_NY_5c.w3x
(2.18 MiB) Downloaded 390 times

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#6 Post by watermelon »

Jouven be all like no shit sherlock, familiar is a liability so I'm all like watson my boy I'll show you.

I'll be a little late today.
Attachments
EotA_Twilight_NY_5c2.w3x
(2.18 MiB) Downloaded 394 times

Jouven
Resident
Resident
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Df1-Jouven

#7 Post by Jouven »

After seeing you paying attention at my insight, here is another one, fix infiltrator smoke bomb already?, revamp it or leave it like it was before, because right now it's one of the most useless skills in EotA.
I would like to see some kind of skill that allows her to use AOO or mines more effectively? (some kind of roots? or stun? anchor#2? giver her some net spawning skill? AoE nets?...)

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#8 Post by watermelon »

If I change Smoke Cloud back to what it was before, I'm not going to bring back the stun talent. I feel that AoO is supposed to be rewarding the Inf player's skill or cooperation between teammates so giving her a skill that directly allows her to just use AoO might as well as just be removing the conditions for AoO.

What do you find ineffective about mines? Granted they're not useful for pking except for a surprise explosion, but they seem pretty strong against stopping pushes (even the magic immune mercs).

Jouven
Resident
Resident

#9 Post by Jouven »

Isn't AoO stun/roots/otherincapacitatestates damage halved (from full AoO damage)?

The problems I have with mines are the placing range and time and well the obvious they fail at moving targets. Most of the time they aren't suitable to use in the middle of battle because you have to be in the middle of the enemies waiting for w/e 1s+ time it takes to place them taking damage, and with the new era of AI cc's you might not be able to place them at all (this might not happen against humans).

After some time having the innate shorter duration I feel it's a nerf, I end using more mana and sometimes I get revealed before taking action because it runs out. I like the old one more.

Another thing that bothers me is that I feel that infiltrator only plays with these three skills AoO + mines (the few times I use them) + innate, because elusive flair it's an oh shit button if everything else fails, and most of the time if I don't get stuck innate is enough. Lately I skip ultimate most of the time until I'm 3x+.

In conclusion, the only real problems I have from the previous infiltrator revision are the innate shorter duration and smoke bomb being totally useless.

If you don't like my other post suggestions give her healing/shielding/ohshitbuttonskill options, that would help her too, or just leave the old smoke bomb without stun, at least it's marginally better than the current one.

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#10 Post by watermelon »

Jouven wrote:Isn't AoO stun/roots/otherincapacitatestates damage halved (from full AoO damage)?
No, it guarantees that the minimum damage dealt will be 75%
The problems I have with mines are the placing range and time and well the obvious they fail at moving targets. Most of the time they aren't suitable to use in the middle of battle because you have to be in the middle of the enemies waiting for w/e 1s+ time it takes to place them taking damage, and with the new era of AI cc's you might not be able to place them at all (this might not happen against humans).
I don't see a big problem with this. The design of mines is that Inf can still blast enemies even without necessarily being there. They're also the only form of AoE that can be stacked enough to outright kill a hero. Thus they require some kind of preparation and it shouldn't ever be a smart move to just be stacking mines in front of an enemy hero (whether human or AI).
After some time having the innate shorter duration I feel it's a nerf, I end using more mana and sometimes I get revealed before taking action because it runs out. I like the old one more.
It's a matter of preference. I wanted Blitz to be used more carefully instead of just an "oh Inf is no longer invisible, gotta use Blitz again!"
Another thing that bothers me is that I feel that infiltrator only plays with these three skills AoO + mines (the few times I use them) + innate, because elusive flair it's an oh shit button if everything else fails, and most of the time if I don't get stuck innate is enough. Lately I skip ultimate most of the time until I'm 3x+.
Well mobility spells are never a really big investment and the ultimate doesn't seem so useful because the AI games we do encourage PKing over sieging. I don't understand why you dislike Smoke Bomb so much. The first few points of the old Smoke Bomb were not that helpful. The current Smoke Bomb also needs investing into, but seems far from useless as normal units basically can't attack while the cloud is up.

I've tried a build with Mines/Smoke Cloud/AoO (and one point oshit) against insanes and while the high damage from AoO was missed, it helps Inf have an easier time of setting up mines and getting map control. Not to mention it helps a lot with taking down a base.

Jouven
Resident
Resident

#11 Post by Jouven »

Mines are the only AoE that can reward you 0 exp too and you don't point it either. But well if you think infiltrator is fine now, let's agree that we disagree.

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#12 Post by watermelon »

Guess who got buffed?
Attachments
EotA_Twilight_NY_5c3.w3x
(2.18 MiB) Downloaded 398 times

watermelon