How to play EotA from unofficial servers

A place to talk about general WC3 and EotA related stuff.
Jouven
Resident
Resident
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Df1-Jouven

How to play EotA from unofficial servers

#1 Post by Jouven »

What follows is a small detailed "how to" play from eurobattle.net, you can join the bot games from there.
To play on this server you need war 3 roc + tft, the keys required for the installation of both can be generated.

The eurobattle.net server uses the last version of the war3 (roc and tft) client, currently, it is the same as the official.
^
TL;DR update to the last version of the game

Accounts on eurobattle.net are created on their web site, the usual ingame create account method doesn't work, so if you need to create one check their site, IIRC you need to create one and then activate it.

What's in the .zip:

pvpgn loader for 1.26a.zip --> extract its contents on you war3 folder, you can get the loader from other sources if you don't trust the one I'm attaching here
PvPGNOFI.reg --> leave it on your war3 folder (it contains the configuration of servers that the war3 client uses, this one contains the defaults, with the useast set as the default one)
PvPGNUNO.reg --> leave it on your war3 folder (this one only contains the eurobattle.net)
wc3OFI.bat --> leave it on your war3 folder
wc3UNO.bat --> leave it on your war3 folder
wc3.bat - Shortcut eurobattle.lnk --> leave it on your desktop or games shortcuts folder, remember to change the targets, because they are currently with mine
wc3.bat - Shortcut official.lnk --> leave it on your desktop or games shortcuts folder, remember to change the targets, because they are currently with mine

Basically:
If you run the eurobattle shortcut file (wc3.bat - Shortcut eurobattle.lnk) you start war3 with the loader, required to log on the pvpgn servers, with only the eurobattle.net configured.
If you run the official short shortcut file (wc3.bat - Shortcut official.lnk) you start war3 with the normal executable with the default server configuration and the useast server set as the default one.

Possible? issues:
1 Don't ever try to join the official servers with a war3 client launched with the loader, it won't let you log in and you'll get an ip ban, it is not a permanent one but I think it lasts something like 15 days which is an effing long time so you'll have to wait or you can change your ip if know how, that's why I only left the PVPGN server when you start the game with the loader.

PD: both shortcut files start war3 in windowed mode, remove the argument "-window" on the *.lnk and *.bat files if there is one if you don't want it.
PD2: if you want to play on windowed mode the "right" way get a "cursor lock" program, I use this one http://www.snakebytestudios.com/project ... rsor-lock/

Edit#1: explained how to get an account in eurobattle.net (it uses a different method from the one used in the official servers)
Attachments
loaderRegsAndShortcuts.zip
(75.52 KiB) Downloaded 409 times
Last edited by Jouven on December 30th, 2014, 5:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Jouven
Resident
Resident

Re: How to play EotA from unofficial servers

#2 Post by Jouven »

For those who connect from eurobattle.net
I'll be on channel EotA, using the nick Df1-Jouven
If you need my attention whisper me something so the gproxy++ does a sound, because except when we are doing scheduled games I don't pay attention to the gproxy++.

PD: Yeah I didn't realize, until now, I can spawn two gproxy++ clients on both servers at the same time.

Jouven
Resident
Resident

Re: How to play EotA from unofficial servers

#3 Post by Jouven »

Since 1.28 screwed things up, I decided to update my guide with the instructions to rollback to 1.27b so we can play EotA on eurobattle.net.

What I did first is a backup of my current war3 folder, then I deleted it and the removed the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Blizzard Entertainment\Warcraft III (a backup of the registry keys can be done too)
Then I installed Warcraft 3 again. To do this you can get a ""backup"" version from third party, use the original CDs or get it from battle.net if you registered the keys on your battle.net account (you can download an installer for the game from there).
The 1.27b patch can be obtained from https://us.battle.net/support/en/articl ... -downloads
The keys when installing do not need to be legit, eurobattle.net doesn't care.

To play on eurobattle.net create an account on their site (the creation can't be done in-game like in the official servers), then the account must be activated, all of this is done from:
http://app2.eurobattle.net/accounts/
The account gets disabled monthly, but it can reactivated from this link.

Summary of the attachment files:

w3l_1_4_2_by_Keres.zip --> loader to play on PVPGN 1.27b servers, extract its contents on you war3 folder, you can get the loader from other sources if you don't trust the one I'm attaching here
PvPGNOFI.reg --> leave it on your war3 folder (it contains the registry keys of the servers that the war3 client uses, this one contains the defaults, with the useast set as the default one)
PvPGNUNO.reg --> leave it on your war3 folder (this one only contains the eurobattle.net)
wc3OFI.bat --> leave it on your war3 folder (runs PvPGNOFI.reg and then launches the game)
wc3UNO.bat --> leave it on your war3 folder (runs PvPGNUNO.reg and then launches the game using the loader, w3l.exe)
wc3.bat - Shortcut eurobattle.lnk --> leave it on your desktop or games shortcuts folder, remember to change the targets, because they are currently with mine, calls wc3UNO.bat
wc3.bat - Shortcut official.lnk --> leave it on your desktop or games shortcuts folder, remember to change the targets, because they are currently with mine, calls wc3OFI.bat
Attachments
War3Loader.zip
(23.63 KiB) Downloaded 313 times