Full strategy - pls?

Post strategies and guides, and comment on those that others have written.

Moderator: Mills

Sefard
Wanderer
Wanderer

Full strategy - pls?

#1 Post by Sefard »

i still have many questions - for example (please don't shoud "noob" 100 times-i've been playing for 1 day so far) : How do i make energy ?(food)
how is it best to use it? pls guide.

Sefard
Wanderer
Wanderer

#2 Post by Sefard »

heh... i just stumbled on this site while looking at the article on wiki
so i guess i found my answers : http://www.eota.cjb.net/

tx to the creators of eota for a nice refined map!

ashwa
Visitor
Visitor

#3 Post by ashwa »

hey and welcome to the boards :) Drop by channel clan eota on useast or the european server for more eotaers and host alot if you can :)

Sefard
Wanderer
Wanderer

#4 Post by Sefard »

unfortunatley the only server i can play on is Eurobattle bcause i don't have an original copy of W3Frozen Throne.
Still haven't learnt how to use energy :( the site mentioned didn't hold such info but i'll get the hang of it i guess during gameplay.

ashwa
Visitor
Visitor

#5 Post by ashwa »

the use of energy: You get energy from the obelisks you make, the team who has the most obelisks gains control power too but thats not important right now.. so if you make 2 obelisks you get like 10 energy, then you can make a generator and use up to 10 energy.. make many turrets or a chrystal generator that uses 8 energy.. its up to you. chrystals is gained either by lkilling heroes or having chrystal generators

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#6 Post by Tehw00tz »

ashwa wrote:hey and welcome to the boards :) Drop by channel clan eota on useast or the european server for more eotaers and host alot if you can :)
You forgot West :P
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Psiblade94122
Visitor
Visitor

#7 Post by Psiblade94122 »

well, west has the tendency of empty clan channels or afk/looking at gamelist clan members, (one of the resons why i left, the only peapel who do talk are either rathia, orc/woots, or wind, and sometimes dea, but i heard that he left or something, the rest are either "grunt... game.... grunt <plays>", or after joining never log on agn.) when i visited east, there where 2 members that where chatting, and i have yet to log onto eruope. relly i hope this inactivity would change...
On request of Tehwootz, i have taken down my pictures. (and for some reason i cant post -_-)

Hammel
Addict
Addict
Location: The other side of the world... wait, the world is flat, right?

#8 Post by Hammel »

Check wikipedia (on English) for EotA, there is a guide to anything you really need to know.

In terms of Energy:

As ashwa said, you need to conquer Obelisks. To do so, build an Obelisk control tower next to them, either with the upgraded start-item or a worker.

Each Obelisk gives you 5 Energy (as long as it is captured). Unused Energy gives you more experience at the rate of 1% per unused point of Energy.

The other way to spend it is generators. Workers can build generators for 500 gold, 1 minute building time. Then you can upgrade the generators so that they gain some useful abilities. Each upgrade needs a different amount of Energy. Check the wikipedia-article for descriptions of the upgrades. Btw, the most common upgrade is Crystal, but all of them have their uses (maybe except Bomb, imho).

-Ham