EotA: Twilight 1.14f4 Download

Learn about and comment on the next version of EotA in development.
DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

EotA: Twilight 1.14f4 Download

#1 Post by DarnYak »

Fixes, new AI's (forgot about grav though, next version). My own tests indicate something is fishy but I'm not sure what's up.

DarnYak
Attachments
EotA_Twilight_1_14f4.w3x
(2.01 MiB) Downloaded 263 times

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: watermelon_1234

Re: EotA: Twilight 1.14f4 Download

#2 Post by watermelon »

Tony with Fire Panda didn't seem to cause any trouble, at least when played with humans on the same team.
Tony still has only 2 talents.
Shadows need recalculating for Kedge.
Murloc doesn't have an AI too.

Chili for Tony seems really strong.

EDIT:
Tony's AI seemed to work but he wasn't hired in my game. Saw him cast innate, Chili, and Slice.

Initial thoughts on Murloc:
Murloc Mana - Meh, it's just free mana. It's kind of annoying that this is the only way murlocs can get mana since they don't start with any. It also seems like only Coracles benefit from the mana right now.
Murloc Wave - Very strong since other waves can hit the same unit more than once, causing the damage output to double. Waveriders are okay.
Murloc Murloc - Basically a shield for creeps. Not bad but not that interesting.
Murloc Heal - Not that great but it's a low mana cost spell. The beams travel rather slowly and don't heal too much. Pretty much necessary to cast innate right afterwards to make Coracles more useful. Sanctum health should probably scale with level.
Murloc Stalk - A more annoying version of Haunt and potentially more dangerous due to being able to creepblock the target. Another way to annoy channeling heroes though it's less effective against AoE heroes as seen in today's game.
Murloc Drown - Souped up version of Tempest. As an ult, it feels a bit lacking due to its range and only adding a nuke spell to Murloc. Sadly doesn't spawn murlocs.

EDIT 2:
More thoughts on Fire Panda:
He has nice spells that are low mana cost and can be pretty potent as an auto attacking hero if equipped with the right items.
He has great mobility with Flashfire but lacks any threat to chasing heroes since he doesn't have any kind of hold without relying on items and his main nuke is easy to avoid with its low speed.
Using his nuke effectively often means putting Panda in an awkward position. That could be helped if it had a longer range.
It's also sad that his innate can't dispel wounds on first cast and that his nuke can't collide with flying units but hits them fine when it collides with ground units.
His shield skill could synergize with Flashfire's retreat if it didn't fear units. Other than that, the skill is really only useful when chasing heroes through towers or trying to take down towers by himself, which would be risky. It's annoying that most attack boosting items increase armor as well since that reduces the shield's effectiveness. Not sure about stuns dispelling the spell to compensate for invulnerability.
Outside of mobility, Flashfire has a good talent and could be used as crowd control to some extent.
I haven't tested too much with Three Pandas which seems to be mostly a hero oriented skill except that it fails since it's very easy to avoid.

Tony's AI seems rather ineffective without using Feast.

EDIT 3:
Tony's AI definitely uses Innate and Chili when hired. I hired Fire Panda afterwards and he still seemed to work (Chili at least).
Fire Panda's casting of Mindburst is kind of funky. (Casted it on me when I was the only ally hero in range.)

EDIT 4:
murloc too OP against AI.w3g
aka reaching level 45 in less than 20 minutes
(95.75 KiB) Downloaded 226 times
EDIT 5:
Ice Lance randomly doesn't seem to deal damage. Was pretty apparent when it failed to kill an affected hero.