EotA: Twilight 1.14d4 Download

Learn about and comment on the next version of EotA in development.
DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

EotA: Twilight 1.14d4 Download

#1 Post by DarnYak »

Have fun, tooltips are incomplete.

DarnYak
Attachments
EotA_Twilight_1_14d4.w3x
(1.98 MiB) Downloaded 263 times

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: EotA: Twilight 1.14d4 Download

#2 Post by DarnYak »

Going to clean up this version and release a (hopefully) bug free one for midway through creep revamps, so d5 should be out in a day or two. No idea where that crash came from, might have been bane related...

FYI: If any tiles for dryad act funny, -debug should spam the tile type if its unknown

Bugs:
- Bane's charge doens't work
- Bane's fear spams numbers (was for debug testing i forgot to remove, sorry)

DarnYak

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: watermelon_1234

#3 Post by watermelon »

Will there be a d5 test day in the middle of the week?

Anyway, some thoughts on revamped AC.
Geomancy:
  • Quickstep - Pretty strong, especially on AC who is already quick and very common. Probably should be nerfed in some way.
  • Radiance - Not terribly exciting but it's a pretty strong armor debuff and lasts a pretty long time at higher levels. Either the duration or the armor reduction should be reduced.
  • Mindspring - It's OP to an extent by allowing AC to have infinite mana.
  • Dispel - Meh. Annoying that it's the only one available on Blight.
  • Mass Sleep - Okay interrupt and hold but using this well is a bit situational due to tile placement. More useful against heroes.
  • Water Elemental - It's a pretty weak summon and doesn't really scale well.
  • Rock - It's a pretty good buff for taking away AC's sponginess and allows AC to auto attack for a while. Somewhat hard to get sometimes.
  • Invisible - Okay but doesn't really feel like AC needs it.
  • Dirt Cloud - Basically smoke cloud with a longer duration? Useful against buildings but difficult to use well as the tiles are mostly near water and often get overlapped by the water tiles.
  • Avalanche - GT's innate that feels weaker but still offers utility. Hard to judge its overall usefulness since it only comes with weather. It looks like AC is fond of knockbacks.
Let me know if I missed any tiles.

Her new ult is basically a Swooping version of Defiler's cloud. It's almost impossible to escape from due to the frequent, disruptive knockbacks.

EDIT: With snow's ability.
Last edited by watermelon on July 30th, 2012, 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4 Post by DarnYak »

Will there be a d5 test day in the middle of the week?
Doubtful.
Radiance - Not terribly exciting but it's a pretty strong armor debuff and lasts a pretty long time at higher levels. Either the duration or the armor reduction should be reduced
Generaly my thought process was: This is intended to be a multi functional utility spell, but grass is by far the most common tile type so I wanted something with general use. Not terribly happy with the name, but I was short on time.
Dispel - Meh. Annoying that it's the only one available on Blight.
Forgot about blight, it was suppose to have its own, although I never decided on what.
Water Elemental - It's a pretty weak summon and doesn't really scale well.
They have fairly insane regen, but if its not enough I can add more stuff.
Dirt Cloud - Basically smoke cloud with a long duration?
And much lower %.
Snow - ? (Haven't gotten snow by chance yet)
First test game for geomancy and stormwail immediately went heavy snow and was covered faster than I'd ever seen it before. My own map hates me.

I need to get a good test game with a human just to play with how the ult feels players with some experience with it. The same applies to swoop too really, I've been wanting to do some dodge testing.

DarnYak

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#5 Post by watermelon »

The talent for dragonfear makes the fear chance against units even lower.
The chance doesn't seem to scale well with distance for units, mostly staying around 40% (not including talent).

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#6 Post by DarnYak »

There also seems to be a desync issue related to Geomancy and blight.

DarnYak

Crazyedd
Regular
Regular
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: NagaSpawn

#7 Post by Crazyedd »

About Bane's Charge:
I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the fact that it's supposed to home when clicked on heroes, yet it can behave like a normal dash when simply clicked on ground.

I'm thinking that maybe warcraft can't really handle a spell which behaves in such a way (changes the way the spell works based on what was targetted). It's essentially two spells at the moment.
Maybe you should just change it into an AoE which does damage to targets when he gets there (aswell as the trampling from the talent).

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#8 Post by DarnYak »

Charge is fixed, the bug is due to me having it abort the charge due when bane gets stunnned - I just screwed up and it always thinks he's stunned.

DarnYak

Crazyedd
Regular
Regular
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: NagaSpawn

#9 Post by Crazyedd »

Hey yak, you seriously need to nerf icespinners brainfreeze.

You should either make a cap on how much it will go into the negative numbers or just reduce the duration severely. Or, if none of those, atleast greatly increase the cooldown at higher levels, or get rid of the silence effect
Playing against the AI with behemoth, I was made pretty much useless because he'd cast brainfreeze on me and my intelligence would be like 35 -25, and I'd just have like 300ish mana for nearly a minute. This was with a maxed-out orb of skill in my inentory.

I know it's not exactly icespinners most used ability, but it's definitely overpowered. :evil:

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#10 Post by watermelon »

There's something called Wand of Negation...
Seriously, dispels render the current IS almost useless except for Webs and Blizzard.

Anyway, AC's dispel in Geomancy is really not worth using if all it can do is remove positive buffs from enemy units with its extremely high mana cost and long cooldown.

I have a feeling that CS might be too strong in general, but he needs to get played more in real games. He seems to be a bulkier Swash that gets extremely better late game if he gets some items that improves his stats (any of them will do since they improve his innate).
Current thoughts:
  • Innate - Pretty much gives infinite mana since it's worthwhile to switch between stats. Heal is okay but Surge (Int)'s heal seems more reliable.
  • Dominant Blow - All versions are pretty strong, though I don't invest in this nuke as much as I would for other hero killers.
  • Overwhelm - I underestimated this skill when I first saw it. It's a pretty harsh debuff and it's not too hard to inflict all three against a hero due to the random stat bonus CS can get from his innate. One of the primary skills I invest in.
  • Crash - One point wonder for movement. Still don't like Int's version as much as others but at least it still serve its purpose.
  • Surge - Str can rip creep waves at higher levels and makes CS bulkier. Int seems to be pretty OP at higher levels with it being a strong heal with low mana cost and widespread area. I feel that Agi's version is somewhat lacking in comparison to the other two, but it does give more damage output. The other primary skill I invest in.
  • Duel - Feels like a one point wonder. Somewhat gimmicky since it relies on good team synergy and how the enemy reacts. Duration doesn't really seem too important here.

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#11 Post by watermelon »

Found an interesting Martyr streak glitch where he kept streaking to an ally hero (Tree). Not sure how the AI managed to do it.
Look around the 37 minute mark of the replay to see it happen.
Attachments
awesome martyr glitch.w3g
(242.42 KiB) Downloaded 258 times