EotA: Twilight 1.14d3 Download

Learn about and comment on the next version of EotA in development.
DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

EotA: Twilight 1.14d3 Download

#1 Post by DarnYak »

Fixes.

DarnYak
Attachments
EotA_Twilight_1_14d3.w3x
(1.97 MiB) Downloaded 247 times

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: watermelon_1234

Re: EotA: Twilight 1.14d3 Download

#2 Post by watermelon »

Issues:
  • There's something going on with MIasma and Bloodflies as they end up dealing an absurd amount of damage. I'm guessing it's mostly because Miasma snowballs?
    miasma OP.w3g
    (434.12 KiB) Downloaded 223 times
    (Look near the endgame of the replay where you can see my AI allies nearly getting instantkilled whenever they walked into the flies)
  • Haunt can create ghosts even after the target has died. (Probably due to talent increasing chance of creating ghosts upon impact)
  • Dragonfear stun/fear chance seems bugged since I've almost never seen it fail.
  • It's also annoying that Dragonfear can't target air units but it affects them correctly.
  • Acid Sheath's tooltip needs to be updated to reflect the new damage.
  • Trying to Charge while netted makes Bane just walk in place for a longer duration than the targeted point should have been. Charge should just probably cancel if he can't move.
Thoughts:
  • Black arrow passive for AM might need to be nerfed. It's incredibly strong at the moment.
  • The new talent makes Haunt more worth it against heroes.
  • It also seems like ghosts spawn more often towards the end of Haunt's duration.
  • Range for Dragonfear gets ridiculous lategame.
  • Charge could be balanced because Bane receives a pretty strong aura boost for cheap mana. You could shorten the duration more.
  • Acid Sheath talent doesn't seem too useful (especially with its high crystal cost) since it's not easy getting units killed by acid sheath alone.
  • Impale and Featherfall are pretty much one-point wonder skills. You can already get enough charges for Featherfall at Level 1 to just spam them or hold a hero long enough.
  • Featherfall seems really strong just for holding heroes longer especially when coupled with Swoop's knockback. I think Blade Rain does better against creeps though.
EDIT 4: Just reorganized the post to make it more clear and added about Charge bug.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3 Post by DarnYak »

There's something going on with MIasma and Bloodflies as they end up dealing an absurd amount of damage. I'm guessing it's mostly because Miasma snowballs?
I can't imagine a proper snowballing of bloodflies unless there's an incredible amount of units dying in it (like 100+), with an incredible amount of luck. In theory you could end up with several groups of super powered bloodflies stacking on each other, and then having incredibly bad luck with the damage rolls...

So more likely there's some other bug.
Black arrow passive for AM might need to be nerfed. It's incredibly strong at the moment.
The +damage or aoe on death?
It also seems like ghosts spawn more often towards the end of Haunt's duration.
Completely random, outside the talent.

DarnYak

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#4 Post by watermelon »

The +damage or aoe on death?
Both in my opinion, but particularly the explosions.

Charge makes Bane go to the middle of nowhere when he targets a hero that gets removed (like TC's fork).
Charge also makes Bane act funky when he gets thrown by the Catapult Rune.
bane things.w3g
(223.42 KiB) Downloaded 230 times
EDIT: Is Zen Shot supposed to drag heroes back to Oracle? Tooltip doesn't mention anything like that.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5 Post by DarnYak »

EDIT: Is Zen Shot supposed to drag heroes back to Oracle? Tooltip doesn't mention anything like that.
No its just suppose to throw them away from her. Unless I somehow managed to link zen shot into bane's impale...

DarnYak

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#6 Post by watermelon »

DarnYak wrote:No its just suppose to throw them away from her. Unless I somehow managed to link zen shot into bane's impale...
Well, that's what Zen Shot does consistently now when the enemy hero is far away from Oracle. It sometimes works with units too. It's kind of neat. =P

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#7 Post by DarnYak »

Took me a while but turns out the Zen Shot bug is not at all related to impale. Well, technicaly it is because it was from a change related to impale. It was just a total coincidence that the units end up near the oracle.

DarnYak