EotA: Twilight 1.14c5B Download

Learn about and comment on the next version of EotA in development.
DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

EotA: Twilight 1.14c5B Download

#1 Post by DarnYak »

More AI improvements.

Edit: Original version had a severe bug.

DarnYak
Attachments
EotA_Twilight_1_14c5B.w3x
(1.95 MiB) Downloaded 309 times

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: watermelon_1234

Re: EotA: Twilight 1.14c5B Download

#2 Post by watermelon »

Check Tug talent.
Defiler's Cloud goes after Sentinels.
Garg's innate gets activated by Owl Scouts.

For the AI, looks like some heroes forgot how to nuke. Ex: IS, CS, Scarab (seems like default AI makes him cast Smite). Other heroes still seem to nuke ok like Aero and BP.
EDIT: ^Not so sure if what was caused in that game is consistent.
Are you going to do something about AI RK's ult?

Could you make the AI not notice invisible heroes unless the hero is actually visible to them?
Also, there's some weird bug with VF where the AI can instantly revive. Looks like it has to do with the AI entering the Font battle but not reviving instantly when it gets killed there.

My rant against some heroes.

Garg:
Thread.

Defiler:
* DP - way too annoying if you don't have a heal handy. Easily shoves off enemy heroes, especially in the beginning. Duration could be reduced to 4 seconds.
* Cloud - uncounterable and ridiculous on VF. I think it should be weak to dispels.

SB
Mid-game to late-game when he can fire off Incinerate without even worrying about mana.
Even though it costs mana to create Decoys, he's easily replenished by the fact the Decoy can cast the innate. He can also let his Decoy destroy bases. I don't think Decoys should have Mend and have a weaker version of the innate.

Aero
* Cloud - same issue as Defiler's cloud.
Last edited by watermelon on April 22nd, 2012, 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3 Post by DarnYak »

For the AI, looks like some heroes forgot how to nuke. Ex: IS, CS, Scarab (seems like default AI makes him cast Smite). Other heroes still seem to nuke ok like Aero and BP.
[EDIT] ^Not so sure if what was caused in that game is consistent.
I'm assuming thsoe are taken together...and if so any elaboration would be helpful. IS just got his spell AI upgraded so it'd be really odd if he's not casting spells. CS & Scarab are still using the old system, but I don't see anything offhand that should be breaking CS.

EDIT: I'm an idiot, I screwed up IS's skill up code, so he doesn't learn spells.
Are you going to do something about AI RK's ult?
I'm baffled as to why its broken, but yes I need to.
Could you make the AI not notice invisible heroes unless the hero is actually visible to them?
The problem is that causes some weird bugs where they loose sight of someone their chasing for a second vs gone invisible, and there's no easy test of invisible vs in fog of war. Considering the AI need to be challenging I favor them having omnisense over goldfish length memory.
Also, there's some weird bug with VF where the AI can instantly revive. Looks like it has to do something with the font battles.
That would be surprising since VF revives only should trigger when the battle ends, but I'll look into it.

I also know there's some weird pathing shit going on in Stormwail (and possibly the other maps as well) at the start of game - although its arguably an improvement since it means they won't stand out front like idiots till spawns arrive, but its bad because i don't know why its even happening.

DarnYak

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#4 Post by watermelon »

Looks like I was mistaken about AI nukes except for IS. I guess I couldn't tell if CS had nuked me or not.

I saw some AI changes with AA (stalker owls!) and TC that weren't mentioned in the wiki. Were there any other AI changes I should notice?

Not so sure about this, but I think my AI allies merced a lane on Kedge. Have to check.
EDIT: Yep they do.
Attachments
AI is so helpful.w3g
(217.04 KiB) Downloaded 277 times

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5 Post by DarnYak »

Not so sure about this, but I think my AI allies merced a lane on Kedge. Have to check.
Wait, ALLIES? As in on your team? That's a bug if so.

DarnYak

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#6 Post by watermelon »

Yeah allies on insane difficulty. If you looked at the above replay, the AI merced near the end of the game to take down the last base. They also merced in the middle of the game for the right lane.

It also looks like the AI won't try choosing Harpy as if it knows she's a bad hero. I did an allhero game and she didn't appear.

Executor
Regular
Regular
Battle.net name: Judacator

#7 Post by Executor »

Hired heroes don't appear to buy any items. Just a reminder that innervate is still bugged (repeated casting and no movement), and I think the game might lag a lot near the end sometimes with computer heroes, which might not be that much of a problem...

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#8 Post by DarnYak »

Innervate? I don't remember having a spell/talent/whatever by that name...

DarnYak

Executor
Regular
Regular
Battle.net name: Judacator

#9 Post by Executor »

Sorry, I mean Invigorate upgrade for the Druid tower spawns.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#10 Post by DarnYak »

Oh right, yea I need to do another pass to fix all the upgrades and replace polymorph. Oddly more important now that the AI will randomly pick it.

DarnYak

SuIIy
Resident
Resident
Battle.net name: Sully24

#11 Post by SuIIy »

Strength of the Bear charm is bugged. The added buff didn't wear off and ended up being perma throughout the game.

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#12 Post by watermelon »

^Didn't happen in my game. Did you have Reek in that game?

CS's Overwhelm actual AoE (which is rather large) doesn't match with the targeting AoE.
-s for Crash doesn't show for Str and Int. Not sure about Agi.
Ember's talent, Brain Boil, still mentions Flare instead of Slag Spray. Not sure if it really fits with the spell anymore though since it slows enemies now.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#13 Post by DarnYak »

I've gone through and added a different set of spell behavior for when the AI is attempting to flee combat, so it should avoid trying to do combat nuking or other stupid shit when its low health.

DarnYak

roaddogg
Wanderer
Wanderer

#14 Post by roaddogg »

Blackguard, when bought in the tavern, does nothing. You must have forgotten to give him your improved AI.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#15 Post by DarnYak »

roaddogg wrote:Blackguard, when bought in the tavern, does nothing. You must have forgotten to give him your improved AI.
It's actualy a bit more complex then that, to fix it I basically need to scrap the entire tavern hero code and rebuild it from scratch (which I need to do anyway). It's something I should get around to this week.

DarnYak