EotA: Twilight 1.14b6 Download

Learn about and comment on the next version of EotA in development.
DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

EotA: Twilight 1.14b6 Download

#1 Post by DarnYak »

blahblahblah nobody cares

DarnYak
Attachments
EotA_Twilight_1_14b6.w3x
(1.77 MiB) Downloaded 312 times

SeasonsOfLove
Resident
Resident

Re: EotA: Twilight 1.14b6 Download

#2 Post by SeasonsOfLove »

DarnYak wrote:blahblahblah nobody cares
Awwww :(

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: watermelon_1234

#3 Post by watermelon »

You should probably reduce the numbers for Zen Archery's talent (int to str). Zen Shot could be nerfed a bit, like by raising mana cost or reducing the mana rate.

Whirl has no sfx.
Streak's hotkey is incorrect. (Probably still R)

Lunargent
Regular
Regular
Battle.net name: Lunargent

#4 Post by Lunargent »

Martyr: Whirl and Streak share the same hot key (R).
Some of the Thunderspire benefits still exist from when it was an ultimate. Repeated casts of Thunderstrike, boosted range on Streak/Using it as a waypoint, and it feels like the extra damage on Ion Surge is there too. Wouldn't be surprised since the other goodies are in.
Additionally, the increasing HP of the Thunderspires can make them useful late game to delay creeps. Not a big issue, but I would suggest a flat HP total for them.

Lunargent
Regular
Regular
Battle.net name: Lunargent

#5 Post by Lunargent »

Whirl needs values added to -S.

It appears +Evocation % items are not being factored into -S currently either.

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#6 Post by watermelon »

• I like Whirl's stacking Agi effect (would have been helpful if it was mentioned in the tooltip), but it seems OP late-game if you make Martyr have a mana regen item or even a Clarity Potion. You can basically keep stacking the agi bonuses forever, especially due to Whirl's low mana cost. Probably should have some kind of cap, especially as Whirl gets boosted from extra Agi.
  • Streak bugs if Martyr gets killed in the middle of it. The images just stay at the same spot and stun enemies until Martyr revives at which he then instantly teleports to the images' spot.
  • I also don't think Stormspire really needs stat-based health, especially as it's much more spammable. A flat health bonus each level seems suitable.
  • I haven't been able to get repeated Thunderstrike casts on Stormspire.
  • I've mentioned this before and I still don't know the cause for it: Ion Surge can sometimes deal double damage to a target just by attacking.
  • Zen Archery's research tooltip is messed up (shows dominant blow).
  • Cinderfury could have a shorter channel time to create all fireballs. The health/damage bonus could be lengthened.
  • This is a complaint to nerf Mana Cloud somehow. (At the very least do something with the graphics)
  • I've been playing AI games in which certain spells just seem broken. For instance, spawns would be created with the life drain from Reek's Brainlust. Slag Spray will seemingly affect random spawns with the armor reduction. The graphics for Mana Cloud/Pyrclasm will inconsistently never get removed.

Neolo
Wanderer
Wanderer
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Neolo7

#7 Post by Neolo »

I just started test hosting of lasted version Eota on all Battle.net servers. If anyone want to play, you are welcome. (test period is up to 5 days 24h\day) will see if it will be moderate players flow, I'll keep it to run.
Game name: -NLUA- EotA Twilight !#

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#8 Post by DarnYak »

I'm going to try another run with Whirl with no cap, but with the changes of higher mana cost and it only gives the agi bonus if Whirl hits an enemy unit.
Cinderfury could have a shorter channel time to create all fireballs. The health/damage bonus could be lengthened.
2 (I think its technicaly 1.5 actually) seconds is already pretty short, and its already near impossible to interrupt prior to hitting full strength. Plus it's suppose to give fair warning to enemies. The rest of the time is just there for aiming/picking when you want to throw.

DarnYak

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#9 Post by Dekar »

We dont want to throw, we want to kill enemies with slag spray reduce armor, slow and increased autoattack damage from the fireballs without them giving 5 seconds to run away.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#10 Post by DarnYak »

Because this is almost certainly the last version of the undead revamp (plus most likely one last bugfix version), I wouldn't mind general overview/feedback of the changes so far before I start neglecting undead ;P There's still some changes coming (replacing Incarnations ult, giving royal guards familiar like ai, tuning some eido spells), but generally nothing big planned.

DarnYak

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#11 Post by watermelon »

Once all the balancing and tweaking is done, I think you did a pretty good job revamping the UD heroes, like actually making Emberwraith have an offensive presence against heroes. Streak for an ult doesn't seem as awesome as the other ults in EotA but it does have good utility for the Martyr.
The only reason I won't random a hero now is because Harpy still exists.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#12 Post by DarnYak »

Yea the creep revamp is going to be a big project. Harpy, treant, shaman, colossus, fenris all need some fairly significant updates. The rest need some minor but still significant updates. Kinda odd since non of them are terrible (except harpy) but they don't sit right with me.

DarnYak

SuIIy
Resident
Resident
Battle.net name: Sully24

#13 Post by SuIIy »

Yea the creep revamp is going to be a big project. Harpy, treant, shaman, colossus, fenris all need some fairly significant updates. The rest need some minor but still significant updates. Kinda odd since non of them are terrible (except harpy) but they don't sit right with me.
*Scarab