Something different

Learn about and comment on the next version of EotA in development.
DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Something different

#1 Post by DarnYak »

Alright, I haven't really been motivated to work on EotA this week (conceptual problems for finishing off UD have been significant). However, I still want to get a version out for tomorrow. So, lets try something a little different.

You guys post your desired changes. Primarily focused on finishing/fixing UD. They need to be fairly specific, not like "replace nemesis". Obviously smaller things are more likely to make it in (due to being easier obviously), whereas major ones (AI changes) are going to get ignored. Fairly specific desired number tweaks are best, skill alterations or talents are good, skill replacements are ok if there's a good reasonable replacement suggestion.

DarnYak

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

Re: Something different

#2 Post by Dekar »

Reduce all heals by 50%. :o
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3 Post by DarnYak »

That's just so broad its stupid ;P

DarnYak

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: watermelon_1234

#4 Post by watermelon »

UD Suggestions:
  • Obviously nerf Mindstab. You can do this by setting a cap to the maximum percent bonus (around 50%-100%) or use a static damage bonus (like +2 for every bonus Int).
  • Tweak Oracle's heal to make it move faster. A small increase like 20% more speed could do.
  • This isn't my idea but a talent for Oracle's heal that allows her to heal more than 5 units. The talent could increase the units healed to 6/7/8.
  • Ideas for Nemesis:
    Instead of/In addition to dispelling, they give a small AoE debuff like attack dmg reduction or miss chance.
    Make their damage on spell cast a passive so that the player doesn't have to micro it.
    Or replace with some sort of mass AoE illusion on enemy units and force them to attack their illusions.
  • Wilting's mana cost seems rather high for a channeling spell that takes four seconds.
  • Make Eido's Ult have bonus life dependent on some stat of Roth (Str seems logical).
  • Have a talent that makes Eido's Ult construct faster; alternatively, just make it construct faster.
  • Make FM's innate passive discharge only on enemy heroes.
  • Make Thunderstrike not last forever on a building. Instead, it could deal all the damage it might have done to the building during that duration. You could still keep that effect on FM's ult.
  • Shorten Polarize's duration on normal units, but make units around the target unit become Polarized for a shorter duration.
  • Make False Alliance break upon dealing any kind of damage, but lower its mana cost to something like 75.
Other Suggestions:
  • Talent for Catalpulting Rune that causes launched enemy units to get stunned.
  • A way for Catalpulting Rune to not have any effect on allied units by making the rune a unit RK can control and have an ability that does this like Inf's mine.
  • Have Tact's banner power up for all races. Some ideas:
    Creep - Increase allied attack speed
    UD - Increase allied life regen, Reduce enemy mana regen
    Fel Horde - Lower enemy speed
    Merc - Increase allied attack dmg (lower than AA's boost)
  • Life bonus for AM's skeletons based on her stats. Damage would also be nice.
  • Sheepstrike Talent's cost could be higher in exchange for a better chance like Lunge's stun.

Lunargent
Regular
Regular
Battle.net name: Lunargent

#5 Post by Lunargent »

Oracle -> Nemesis: Have them attack-move or just move towards the Oracle's location every 10-15 seconds, similar to Gravel's Shardlings. If they arrive and the Oracle is stationary (probably sitting there auto-attacking) they will enter the Mana Flare mode and stay there for 10-15 seconds. After that time, they'll either go back into the Mana Flare mode, or move towards the Oracle again if she's not within a reasonable range.
Leave the option for manual control there as well, for anyone who cares to micro them.

Forsaken Martyr -> Thunderstrike: I love the area silence/miss chance when it recurs because it was cast on a building. Especially good for sieges, with an enemy hero teleporting in at the wrong time being almost instantly silenced. I agree that the recurring damage is too strong against buildings, when combined with all the other benefits of Thunderstrike.

My suggestion is to make Thunderstrike a 1/2/3/4/5/6 bolt cast, based on points in the skill, compared to the current 5 bolts at level 1, 9 bolts at level 6. This gives incentive to level the skill instead of just using it as a 1 point wonder, while also reducing its damage potential which is what we find so disagreeable about it. Another option is to taper the damage on the bolts, back loading it so the first bolts are weaker and grow in intensity. Years ago I had considered the idea of it being an actual state on the tower which could be dispelled, but with Dispels on the way out the door, I think that idea is scrapped.

Finally, another option would be allow the extra strikes on buildings to continue ONLY if the Martyr is near the building. This would preserve its use as a siege tool, but not allow for the cast-and-run tactics that make it incredibly annoying now. To compare to similar heroes who have building damage output, Icespinner and Gravel both have to be nearby and channel for a duration to get their building damage in. Infiltrator gets instant ka-booms, but that's what she does. Martyr already has the advantage in the cast it and continue beating on something else approach.

Crazyedd
Regular
Regular
Battle.net name: NagaSpawn

#6 Post by Crazyedd »

I've noticed that TC's Fork actually lets you have 6 clones at once, as opposed to the 5 that it says it's limited to.

Not really a bad thing for the person using it, but it could cause balance issues.

Crazyedd
Regular
Regular

#7 Post by Crazyedd »

I was thinking, as a little way to help any new people understand the game, you could arrange the map selection list in a way so that the map on the bottom is the smallest and the map on the top is the biggest.

It's kind of like that at the moment, but Verdant Falls messes up the order.
Or maybe just have a number next to the names to indicate the amount of lanes that it has.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Battle.net name: Dekar

#8 Post by Dekar »

Or instead of the dialoge use the remaining space on the map to create a little area with a picker unit for every player and circles of power to walk on to pick, which have floating text descriptions as well as a small terrain example of the maps!
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#9 Post by DarnYak »

What remaining space?

DarnYak

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary
Battle.net name: watermelon_1234

#10 Post by watermelon »

I don't really think you should change the map selection at this point as it's unlikely that a lot of new people will play EotA.
It would be more useful if you allowed an option to disable the hints.

Crazyedd
Regular
Regular

#11 Post by Crazyedd »

watermelon wrote:I don't really think you should change the map selection at this point as it's unlikely that a lot of new people will play EotA.
It would be more useful if you allowed an option to disable the hints.
I have to admit, this would be welcome.

I'm not sure if it's been implemented already but, do you get money for killing the 'extra spawns'.
Basically, not the mercs or the innate creeps, the spawns that can be created by placing spawn towers on the map (next to an outpost).

Btw, a good idea for some additions would be a way of teleporting to SL's ulti (shadow bastion is the name, I think). I know that you can do it by having him select you, but what about a way to do it by choice.

Or, as a talent, if there are more than one of the 'bastions' on the map, the heros could use them as a sort of waygate. Maybe the payoff is that when you teleport through the bastion you lose 10% total hp and mana (but it can't kill you, obviously)

BustroQuick
Battle.net name: googlypoo

#12 Post by BustroQuick »

Crazyedd wrote:I'm not sure if it's been implemented already but, do you get money for killing the 'extra spawns'.
Basically, not the mercs or the innate creeps, the spawns that can be created by placing spawn towers on the map (next to an outpost).
You don't and I don't think you should. Towers are supposed to be a bonus for your team for doing well with map objectives. Giving the opposing team a gold bonus for killing them would debase their value.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#13 Post by DarnYak »

The same is true about experience. Spawn towers originaly gave gold/exp in alpha versions, but the team that didn't place them always ended up with an advantage (granted, one that didn't emerge for a while).

DarnYak