EotA: 1.14b Download

Learn about and comment on the next version of EotA in development.
DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

EotA: 1.14b Download

#1 Post by DarnYak »

I make no promises regarding balance or stability. I altered quite a few underlying systems to try and eliminate some memory leaks and it could have some really odd unfound bugs.

DarnYak
Attachments
EotA_Twilight_1_14b.w3x
(1.76 MiB) Downloaded 293 times

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

Re: EotA: 1.14b Download

#2 Post by Dekar »

Echoing Strike:

[FIXED] Most likely deals no additional damage.
Forks probably don't use it. People playing against forks should post their experience.
It seems to deal no damage / reduced damage every few fights without obvious reason. Needs to be confirmed ( with the replay ).

Fork:
Rarely show suicidal tendencies like running into the enemies main base to die.
Last edited by Dekar on February 12th, 2012, 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

Nick.Scryer
Visitor
Visitor

#3 Post by Nick.Scryer »

Defiler:

Cloud: Needs downshifting big time. Possibly moves too fast, damage needs to be reduced, and possibly duration time.

[FIXED] Devouring Plague: Cast range seems low, and sometimes doesn't cast even when in range to cast.

New Heal + Damage Increase: the damage increase might need to be toned down.

SeasonsOfLove
Resident
Resident

#4 Post by SeasonsOfLove »

[FIXED] Behemoth's Maw skill isn't healing. It'll do damage to enemies and when spitting out dead bodies, but healing ain't working.

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: watermelon_1234

#5 Post by watermelon »

[FIXED] Life Wave overfills if it doesn't target a unit. (Refer to the replay posted by Nick. I had a level 1 life wave the whole time.)

Fork's AI seemed to be pretty bad.

EDIT
Defiler:
  • [FIXED]Corpse Trap talent's icon for level two and above is wrong.
  • [FIXED]Devouring Plague is weird to cast. It is inconsistent (doesn't always work or the buff wears off to fast) and it pauses the Defiler for a while. It also feels like it wears off faster than it should be.
  • [FIXED]Cloud shouldn't go after magic immune units. (It deals no damage and basically stays forever trying to attack it.)
  • [FIXED]The heal's lightning effect doesn't have the correct flying height. for flying heroes. It also looks like that extra healing effect was broken in today's game, but it looked fine in my test game.
    Is there also any particular reason why the entire tooltip is colored differently?
Ember:
  • [FIXED]-s shows Cauterize.
  • [FIXED]Pyroclasm's tooltip needs to be updated to state that it's not a channel anymore.
  • [FIXED]I couldn't get Deep Travel's talent to work.
  • [FIXED]Cinderfury's bonus attack damage is permanent.
  • [???]Cinderfury's fireballs stay forever if you don't manage to cast it. [FIXED]The heal doesn't seem to work at all or it was unnoticeable. I also feel like Cinderfury has an extremely high range.
  • [???]Erupt has the wrong hotkety.
  • AI only seems to cast Innate now. Caused by too many AI heroes in that game. He never cast his ult though.
  • {Misc} If you use Tiara of Stars' teleport and then use Erupt to make the item teleport you back, you basically made Ember have a global teleport since Erupt's delayed teleport will move you right back to that point.
[FIXED] I had an AI TC in my game but never notice it use Fork.
Last edited by watermelon on February 13th, 2012, 9:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#6 Post by DarnYak »

It seems to deal no damage / reduced damage every few fights without obvious reason. Needs to be confirmed ( with the replay ).
The trigger for it is very simple with no clear causes, so this definitely needs confirming.
Cinderfury's fireballs stay forever if you don't manage to cast it
Need more details on this one in particular. Is this if you stunned or what exactly?

Note regarding AI TC: Turns out she was buying her old sklls so she would never use half of them despite trying depserately. This didn't impact forks though, the'll buy the right ones if the main has them. I see no reason for them not to be using echoing strike.

If anyone gets a chance I need to confirm whether Vile Infusion is giving its proper +damage or some number grossly in excess of it. Unless I nerfed it earlier today I can't see how it was reaching the numbers it was (50 + 0.65 x Int max, was giving like 300 but defiler would have needed around 400-500 int for that)

DarnYak

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#7 Post by Dekar »

[FIXED]Reduced Echoing Strike damage is most likely because of Runeknight's Mana Residue talent. It seems to decrease damage instead of increasing it, not only for Echoing Strike but also for the Imbued Equipment active. Yak said this may be due to Spirit Link as base spell.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#8 Post by watermelon »

[???]Erupt has the wrong hotkety.
The tooltip says T but the spell does work correctly with R.
Cinderfury's fireballs stay forever if you don't manage to cast it
It happens sometimes when I get stunned or irregularly when I interrupt the channel prematurely. It could have been related to the heal not working properly.

[FIXED]You should probably mention that 30% heal from damage Defiler gets from Devouring Plague in the tooltip somewhere.

Nick.Scryer
Visitor
Visitor

#9 Post by Nick.Scryer »

Ember:
Cinderfury and Corona have the same Hotkey of (T) at least in the tooltip but the actual hotkeys are (R) and (T) respectively
As others have reported Cinderfury's damage seems permanent, but it doesn't heal if it is allowed to fully channel
Flare's duration doesn't show when -s is used, and the armor reduction is a bit much -25 armor just with rank 2
Torture (Talent) + Pyroclasm = Instant death with squishies [Suggesting maybe reducing it to 5% per rank of talent 20% max]
[WRONG] Molten Rage (Talent) is useless now. Not sure if you noticed it was still in.
Spell Detail for Pyroclasm needs "per second channeled" removed since it can no longer be "unchanneled"
Pyroclasm: might need some downtuning as well. At low to mid 30s in the ballpark of 140 strength, can immediately stop any lane push(700 damage). I don't think Grand Rune does nearly the damage Pyro does or at least rivaling lower ranks of GR. Since it also damages buildings it is also rivaling rank 1 sabotage.
Erupt: has the correct hotkey of (C)
Erupt: I'm not sure about other blinks since I rarely play any hero with a (untalented) blink spell, but the range seems a bit long for Erupt, testing it maxed on Candleburg, I was able to blink 3/4 the width of the map. Again not sure if that's too much, nearly stating my observation.
Last edited by Nick.Scryer on February 14th, 2012, 9:05 pm, edited 5 times in total.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#10 Post by DarnYak »

Molten Rage (Talent) is useless now. Not sure if you noticed it was still in.
Should actually be reducing the delay for Pyroclasm still.

DarnYak

Kalrithus
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Roflfax

#11 Post by Kalrithus »

Molten Rage isn't useless, it shortens the time between start and completion of pyroclasm allowing you to hold a target for the duration.

Nick.Scryer
Visitor
Visitor

#12 Post by Nick.Scryer »

Ok fine, it's not technically useless. Semantically it appeared useless since Ember himself no longer actually channels the spell. He casts and moves on.

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#13 Post by watermelon »

I can confirm that Vile Infusion does give the proper damage bonus listed in -s and the tooltip.
It is rather high as I managed to get around ~140 bonus damage with only Sorceror's Robe +5 and Glacial Wall +5 at level 6 with a few int upgrades. The highest I got with it was around 200 with stacking more Int items. Are you sure that part of the damage bonus didn't come from your items?

Red's Team AI always seems to bunch up in one lane at the beginning of every map save for Stormwail. (Very obvious in Kedge when they always go straight to the tower lane)
Devouring Plague seems to wear off before it actually kills the unit. It might be due to the buff.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#14 Post by DarnYak »

I'm starting to think the AI needs its own dedicated bugthread as I generaly work on their bugs seperately from general bugs. It can also include an entire "what should the AI be doing that it's currently not" set of suggestions.

DarnYak

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#15 Post by DarnYak »

Just a note: I'm not posting a list of full nerfs/buffs from this version to the next. Minor stuff like allowing FEC to split after it does enough damage would be too cumbersome to list in detail during these quick revisions.

DarnYak

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#16 Post by watermelon »

Yeah, make an AI bug thread so I can spam that thread instead of spamming every version thread you make. ;P

Ember's -s doesn't account for evocation bonus (at least with the gloves). Looks like the damage is still boosted correctly.

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#17 Post by watermelon »

Remorseless won't kill magic-immune units (The critical buff still works).

Reek's AI can be terrible, sometimes standing around doing nothing while he is getting pummeled.
AI heroes will sometimes charge straight into enemy lines when they should be running away.

EDIT:
Acid Sheath doesn't apply the correct damage reduction at levels higher than 1. (The corroded buff is always at level 1).