An unique, radical hero ...

Submit hero or skill concepts for critiquing and potential implementation.
newb
Wanderer
Wanderer

An unique, radical hero ...

#1 Post by newb »

Ah great! Looks like the title worked :P Well, I do not expect this to be implemented in EotA at all, just kinda fishing around for ideas and feasibility here. Well, let me introduce you to the :
Movest
Frail, weak, bullied, sick, and a relative of Gorest Fump. One day, Movest finally realized his potential when he ran. "Run, Movest, run!" - for the lack of a story
Attack damage -> Pitiful
Attack range -> Melee
High movespeed

Innate
Type - Passive, makes the hero to be able to move through creeps and grants him 50% spell/damage evasion whenever he undergoes a movement spell.

Void
Type - Spell (Activated(i.e immolation))
What it does - When activated, the idea is to make the hero run to form some kind of a geometric shape, and when the spell is disabled, whatever area enclosed, all units in area will take damage. You can boost the damage exponentially by running over and over the same border which you have marked out previously, causing more damage per complete circuit.
How it works - I guess, the hero drops wards as he runs, and some kind of algorithm to calculate the area enclosed by the wards and the number of times they are run over when the spell is deactivated is required.
Visual - The area which the Movest has ran over will be marked quite clearly, hopefully through some cool effects, like floating up and down wisps which change color according to how many times you ran over them, and when the area enclosed explodes, some sort of flashy effect, maybe ground sinking or something can be shown.
Talents :
<insertnamehere> - The longer void is activated, the faster the hero will move.

Idea is to get as high movespeed as possible, cause the higher your movespeed, the faster you can mark out an area and thus the higher the potential for damage. Great variety as you can concentrate on dealing high damage at an enclosed area or dealing less damage but over a wider area.

Balancing Issues - Many :P

Ideas and comments would be welcome!

edit -
initial draft, just adding down ideas b4 i forget them <23.11.06>
Last edited by newb on November 23rd, 2006, 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StealthOfKing
Wanderer
Wanderer

#2 Post by StealthOfKing »

lol that's a weird hero idea. Perhaps it could be dressed up a bit more than a Forest Gump style character lol

newb
Wanderer
Wanderer

#3 Post by newb »

StealthOfKing wrote:weird hero idea.
Got that absolutely spot-on. Any suggestions or ideas on balancing void? Not sure if the description was clear enough to understand.... :D

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#4 Post by Tehw00tz »

Nice name.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP