Wii Thread

Siege_Lord
Wanderer
Wanderer

Wii Thread

#1 Post by Siege_Lord »

Use this thread to ask questions, swap system codes to find each other online and discuss anything else about the wii. Please don't argue about things like which system is better or anything else idiotic :wink:.

Friend code list

Siege: 1066 5256 5496 1888
Last edited by Siege_Lord on November 23rd, 2006, 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)

#2 Post by jamn455 »

But won't you feel stupid playing against someone in an fps or sports game... i mean come on actually moving the controller to throw the ball or shoot a gun... its just not even right.

Siege_Lord
Wanderer
Wanderer

#3 Post by Siege_Lord »

No, but even if I was worried about that I think the immersion is worth looking a little odd at first. Do people ask you why you'd sit there with a chunk of plastic in your hands staring mindlessly at a screen instead of playing a real game of football :P? I think if you expect to look cool at all while playing any sort of video games you're going to be disappointed at how other people really view you :wink:.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#4 Post by Dekar »

So how is the Wii?

I wish i had a friend ... with a Wii ... :roll:

I really want to try it out.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

SeasonsOfLove
Resident
Resident

#5 Post by SeasonsOfLove »

Dekar wrote:So how is the Wii?

I wish i had a friend ... with a Wii ... :roll:

I really want to try it out.
It comes out tomorrow, so we don't know yet.

Ion
Communist

#6 Post by Ion »

But won't you feel stupid playing against someone in an fps or sports game... i mean come on actually moving the controller to throw the ball or shoot a gun... its just not even right. - Jamn455
Siege, you owe me 5$. I called it!

First reply too! Hah, I win!
Ion.

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#7 Post by jamn455 »

Ion wrote:
But won't you feel stupid playing against someone in an fps or sports game... i mean come on actually moving the controller to throw the ball or shoot a gun... its just not even right. - Jamn455

AM I JUST A BETTING TOOL TO YOU PEOPLE!?!?!?!?!?

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#8 Post by Tehw00tz »

jamn455 wrote:AM I JUST A BETTING TOOL TO YOU PEOPLE!?!?!?!?!?
Why not?

I think I'll stick to my 360 to play sports games, if we want to play sports video games is because we don't want to excercise, making us move stuff instead of pressing buttons is just sadistic.

Smash Bros 3 also looks pretty good. Solid Snake :D
(PS3 is nub)
Last edited by Tehw00tz on November 20th, 2006, 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Siege_Lord
Wanderer
Wanderer

#9 Post by Siege_Lord »

I'll be getting one at launch, I'll be updating the OP with some info when i can tear myself away tomorrow :D.

edit: damn you and your nostradamian predictions ion :P.

DortharSlankingy
Wanderer
Wanderer

#10 Post by DortharSlankingy »

Jamn455 wrote:
Ion wrote:
Jamn455 wrote:But won't you feel stupid playing against someone in an fps or sports game... i mean come on actually moving the controller to throw the ball or shoot a gun... its just not even right. - Jamn455

AM I JUST A BETTING TOOL TO YOU PEOPLE!?!?!?!?!?
Get over yourself, I think the bet was rather about how there would be at least one moron who would ignore the following quote rather than how a specific someone would make a specific post.
Siege_Lord wrote:Please don't argue about things like which system is better or anything else idiotic ."
Also...
tehw00tz wrote:the reason we play sports video games is because we don't want to excercise, making us move stuff instead of pressing buttons is just sadistic.
If that is why you play video games you are even more pathetic than I previously thought. Anyone who would actually choose to play a video game instead of the real thing needs to go get a life. Now please go ahead and make your comment about how you were joking, to bad I won't care.

Anyways... Red Steel or Zelda?

Siege_Lord
Wanderer
Wanderer

#11 Post by Siege_Lord »

Jamn was just kidding, it's pretty hard to tell what comments are serious with some of us. I plan on getting red steel and zelda. Zelda is fine for singleplayer, but I need a multiplayer title too and red steel sounds fairly good.

Fishin4pigeon
Visitor
Visitor

#12 Post by Fishin4pigeon »

Mmm...I haven't heard much good about Red Steel...but then again I haven't been paying much attention either, so meh.

Zelda is good enough for me.
I shall forever continue my search for the elusive phat lewt.

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#13 Post by jamn455 »

If you haven't already gotten Red Steel DONT GET IT, it is more of a rent and play game than a buy game.

Siege_Lord
Wanderer
Wanderer

#14 Post by Siege_Lord »

I heard red steel multiplayer was "goldeneye-esque" so I'll definitely have to give it a rental at least. I didn't get the wii at launch though, they neglected to say they preordered them all away :x. Whatever, I'll get it soon enough.

Ion
Communist

#15 Post by Ion »

To be fair, I bet the first-post would be Jamn, and I bet it'd be an attempt at bashing the Wii.
Ion.

Siege_Lord
Wanderer
Wanderer

#16 Post by Siege_Lord »

Just seemed like a valid concern to me, but I'll let you have it.
Goddamnit I can't believe i didn't get one GRRR

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse

#17 Post by Tehw00tz »

DortharSlankingy wrote:If that is why you play video games you are even more pathetic than I previously thought. Anyone who would actually choose to play a video game instead of the real thing needs to go get a life. Now please go ahead and make your comment about how you were joking, to bad I won't care.
First of all, I was joking.
Second of all you must care because you bothered to post.
Third I do have a life, and you shouldn't judge people you haven't even met or had a conversation with, and I really don't need to play video games, because I play sports in real life, also I said "IF we wanted to play video games"
Fourth of all
A place to talk about non EotA related topics, nothing is off limits here, just don't insult each other. And keep the spam down please.

Anyway.... What games are coming to the Wii that are worth buying by reputation besides SSB?
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

SeasonsOfLove
Resident
Resident

#18 Post by SeasonsOfLove »

Zelda is by far the best one to buy.

If you haven't played the DS version, Trauma Center is a good buy (it's a remake of the DS one)
Rayman has gotten good reviews. Excite Truck has gotten decent reviews.

I got to the Target near me at 7:15 AM (opened at 8) and got #67 out of 81. :D

And I haven't had a chance to play Zelda. My brother and I were playing the non-Boxing Wii Sports (I couldn't get a 2nd Nunchuk, sadly)

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse

#19 Post by Tehw00tz »

The one where you fight with a sword looks pretty cool, although multiplayer games would probally end with the beating of each other with remotes.
(By the way, Seasons, your tower in Doodad wtfpwns everything)
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#20 Post by jamn455 »

Ion wrote:To be fair, I bet the first-post would be Jamn, and I bet it'd be an attempt at bashing the Wii.
Damn then you won twice... am i that predictable...

Siege_Lord
Wanderer
Wanderer

#21 Post by Siege_Lord »

If you haven't played the DS version, Trauma Center is a good buy (it's a remake of the DS one)
I think it's sort of a remake, but with a lot more content and selectable difficulty (the original was pretty crazy at some points). I may be wrong though.

SeasonsOfLove
Resident
Resident

#22 Post by SeasonsOfLove »

Tehw00tz wrote:(By the way, Seasons, your tower in Doodad wtfpwns everything)
It does? I always liked the World Kaye-, personally. when it had uber splash, anyway.

Pheonick
Resident
Resident

#23 Post by Pheonick »

DAMN you all and your superior Wii buying skills.
Some of us have to wait until December to buy the electronic messiah, and his disc-shaped followers.
Ya monkeys.

*runs to America*
I've been told that, with major surgery, I can become a preeetty good combination doorstep and draft excluder.

I feel...zomg.

"Stop getting up at night, just pee in your closet, it's that easy!" - Billy May

Fishin4pigeon
Visitor
Visitor

#24 Post by Fishin4pigeon »

Hooray for Christmas <_<

But anyways, I'm interested in LoZ, of course. And Fire Emblem, when it comes out, since I'm a fan of that genre. I just hope the Wii will get better 3rd party support (though, admittedly, it looks better than GC in that area).
I shall forever continue my search for the elusive phat lewt.

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse

#25 Post by Tehw00tz »

Fishin4pigeon wrote:Hooray for Christmas <_<

But anyways, I'm interested in LoZ, of course. And Fire Emblem, when it comes out, since I'm a fan of that genre. I just hope the Wii will get better 3rd party support (though, admittedly, it looks better than GC in that area).
Fire Emblem has like Roy and Marf in it, right? I remember them from Super Smash Melee, my friend would always use him and kill me.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP