EotA: 1.14a2 Download

Learn about and comment on the next version of EotA in development.
DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

EotA: 1.14a2 Download

#1 Post by DarnYak »

New hero's functional but not polished, so expect big improvements on that front.

DarnYak
Attachments
EotA_Twilight_1_14a2.w3x
(1.75 MiB) Downloaded 256 times

BustroQuick
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: googlypoo

Re: EotA: 1.14a2 Download

#2 Post by BustroQuick »

I haven't been able to summon a dig master in this version, it always gets the error. At first I thought it was detecting corpses as nearby enemies, but even with an empty lane it wasn't working. This was on the top lane of Gloom, haven't tried the others.

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary
Battle.net name: watermelon_1234

#3 Post by watermelon »

Yeah, Yak broke the Dig sites.

The new hero is also nice and bugged.
The most noticeable bug is that he creates Grinning Deaths from his ult. His tooltips aren't complete yet.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4 Post by DarnYak »

Yea dig sites are counting the crystals themselves as enemies.

Summary of Crimson Squall's skills for those who want to test their mechanics:
Inniate: Distributes skill points randomly among his skills, plus restores health/mana
(W) Dominant Strike: Attacks a single target with effects depending on his highest attribute
- Strength: Deals increasing damage the lower health the target is
- Agility: Grants increased attack speed for a brief period
- Intelligence: Deals AoE damage over time around the target for a breif period
(E) Overwhelm: Deals the following effects if the hero's attribute is greater than the target's (all 3 applied to all spawns)
- Strength: Reduces armor
- Agility: Chance to miss
- Intelligence: Silences
(R) Crash: Movement spell depending on hero's highest attribute
- Strength: Jumps to target & area stun (the animation isn't working for unknown reasons)
- Agility: Dash
- Intelligence: Blinks + grants crit & evasion
(C) Surge: Buffs the hero depending on hero's highest attribute
- Strength: Grants armor + cleaving attack
- Agility: Hero does bladestorm for a bit
- Intelligence: Heals surrounding allies, 33% immediately the rest over time
(T) Duel: Clears out an area of spawns, the losing side's (through either death or one side fleeing) spawns go into a panic for quite a while in a huge area, plus gold for winning is spawned in the center

I think you guys already hit on all the bugs i'm aware of. Dom Blow (Int) doesn't have a graphic yet but i'm not sure it was even dealing damge the first time i tested it. Crash (Agi)'s graphic is messed up for no reason I can find (not playing his animation).

DarnYak

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#5 Post by watermelon »

I played Crimson Squall a bit more. He's a pretty interesting hero given that he change his role as a hero by adjusting his stats with items.
His innate seems kind of OP, at least for the healing and mana restore effect. I didn't really care about the random stat distribution after focusing items on one stat.

The strength version of his skills seem to be much better than the other ones, except for Overwhelm.
  • Dominant Blow: STR is a good finisher move to kill a hero. AGI is nice for the attack speed and should be used early on. INT doesn't seem to do anything except deal damage to the target.
  • Overwhelm: Seems a bit underwhelming compared to his other skills. Looks like it could be a really good crowd control skill. INT would be useful for the silence.
  • Crash: STR is way too OP for having heroes stunned for the same duration as creeps. I'd suggest reducing the hero stun duration by at least 50%. In general, the stun duration seems really long and the AoE is rather large. AGI is basically nerfed Dash since it doesn't have a short cooldown. INT is like Infli's Blink and is rather unappealing compared to the other two.
  • Surge: STR is really strong, especially the Cleave. Investing in this skill is nice to make the duration longer than the cooldown. AGI complements the hero's damage. INT is useful Mass Healing.
  • Duel: An interesting kind of Crowd Control that basically simulates a Font battle. Looks like it could be very useful while defending a base. The fear effect doesn't seem to work after Level 1, though the units still get the debuff.
Last edited by watermelon on December 27th, 2011, 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#6 Post by DarnYak »

And you thought the new hero would be more buggy than OP

DarnYak

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#7 Post by watermelon »

Yeah I shouldn't have underestimated your skills to introduce every new hero as OP. ;P

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#8 Post by DarnYak »

Notable changes to the new hero:
- Shift Tactics now has a bias to give points to attributes not already your highest attribute. In addition, if your highest attribute doesn't change it restores only 15% health and no mana
- Crash (Str) now has a smaller impact radious
- Crash (Agi) now does significantly more damage
- Duel's area significantly decreased, and spawns are now made neutral passive and watch the battle
- General graphics improvements so things will hopefully feel more obvious
- Tooltips!
- Talents!

I'm considering shifting his skills around some, primarily because i didn't realize just how much damage the Agi layout was giving him and the Int lineup is kind of a mess. Str is fine and won't be messed with. Considering:

Agi:
- Dom. Blow gives Bladestorm
- Surge ??? obviously bladestorm would need replacing
- Crash unchanged
Int: The Int line should be more control/support, which it isn't properly accomplishing atm
- Dom. Blow current effect moved to either Surge or Crash. If Surge, the heal would be changed and moved to Crash
- Dom. Blow's effect would get changed to some sort of debuff, maybe even sheepstrike

DarnYak