Other good AoS maps

A place to talk about non-EotA-related topics.
Fishin4pigeon
Visitor
Visitor

Other good AoS maps

#1 Post by Fishin4pigeon »

Let's see...though Eota is by far the best AoS out there, there are a few other good ones...

Legend of Sand: Probably one of the most obscure maps on B.net, but still a fun game. It has some unique features for an AoS (you get different creeps over time, each with spells, enemies have caravans that you can attack to slow their teching, weaken their units, or get extra gold, to get the best items you have to obtain items from neutral creeps). The major oddity with the map, though, is that there's just 1 lane (though there are lots of neutral creep locations). And yes, it's 5v5. Which is probably why you don't see it much.

Final Fantasy Tactics: Based off the PS1 game, obviously, it's actually a fairly faithful adaption. You start off as one of 2 classes, and can swap classes in your base. Getting higher levels in one class allows you to access more powerful classes, and to add to the fun you can "Master" a class once it's fully leveled up, and use that class's abilities no matter what class you're in. Adding to the unusual factor is the fact that you have 2 different types of exp. Regular experience is calculated like experience in any other WCIII game, but instead of being on your hero directly it's attached to an item that gives you passive stat bonuses. Class experience, on the other hand, is earned by doing ANYTHING sans walking (you can get it by casting AoE moves on the ground, attacking, using buffs on units that already have them, etc). The class experience is just for that class, though.
I shall forever continue my search for the elusive phat lewt.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#2 Post by Dekar »

Legend of Sand is ...
a good idea but somehow it doesnt really fit together. You dont even need to ( or cant ) fight your enemys, because you just go creeping for better items. To attack a carawan, you need to go on the other side of the map, probably missing a lot of exp for some small disadvantage for the enemy. You can get some gold from it though, until the enemys notice you and own you with their lvl advantage.

FFT is a good one, as you can combine 2 classes and make the hero fitting your playstyle. The items for heroes are rather uninterresting, but you can spend your gold for unit upgrades. The map has some balance issues though.
A Calculator who mastered Calculator, can cast all his spells 2 times in a row, and he has very good spells like: Magic Shell, Haste, Demi ( 33% max hp dmg *2 casts ), Polymorph, Flamestrike, powerfull long range multitarget lightning, Blizzard, AoE +Defense, Silence, Dont Act, Heal. In short: Everything the ultimate caster needs, and he doesnt even need mana for them.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

Psiblade94122
Visitor
Visitor

#3 Post by Psiblade94122 »

I know one named : New World Order, it has a rune system for makeing spells (form 2rune combos - 6 runecombos <rune conbos listed under quests>) once someoen reaches lev 10 then your creeps will upp (unlike eota or dota leving is EXTREMLY HARD) at lev 20 your creeps will upp agn (its a universal upp but will give the lower lev side a harder time fedning off creep) there are 4 classes(im just gona use plane names to discribe them) Warrior, Ranged, Hunter, mage
(the actualy names i dont know cuz ive never bin on undead but for humans is <paladan,archer,hunter,druid>) form there u can get a rune for 100g (gold is pretty hard depending on what u do, if u can kill heros its a flat 300g creeps are around 50ish, creep also have a low chance of dropping runes)

and then theres hosk
Hands of sorrow knight: pretty good game, 2 sides, multiple game modes, but stats, now that gets complicated! unlike most AoS the stats here have extra effects (IE: every X amount of int will increse your summons damg by 1%) There are upps for hero, and a uniqe mana system (every X ammount of seconds u resore X amount of mana dependent on your int) so theres no natral mp regen witch is kinda cool but a bit bothersome

Dota: i myself dont like dota all that much, but i dont h8 it enoth to match up to elles hate. you all shuld know this map. (hey it made it to B-nets best triggered games i think it shuld be here)

thats about it for now
On request of Tehwootz, i have taken down my pictures. (and for some reason i cant post -_-)

StealthOfKing
Wanderer
Wanderer

#4 Post by StealthOfKing »

Ruiner's Domination: I was always a fan of this map, it had a Clan at some point and some dedicated followers. No idea what happened to it though. Its a well made AoS with some great ideas but the problem is exp is just too slow.

Tides of Blood: Fast paced AoS - imba yes, but its not as bad as you think it is when you first start playing. Love the skins, poor terrain but it hardly plays a large part.

Thats about it. Blades & Billets was a total waste of some really nice skins. I haven't played Advent of the Zenith enough to comment.

Pheonick
Resident
Resident

AotZ, and an explanation

#5 Post by Pheonick »

Those are some pretty cool AoS maps...
Picking up from where StealthOfKing left off, my favourite map to play (when i can't find an EotA, which can be quite often) is Advent of the Zenith.
The terrain is well made, and while it can seem imba when you first play it, you'll soon realise that pretty much every hero is imba => balanced. Cool hero designs and spells, moderate items provide less chance for item whoring. I esplecially like the imp hero, he's possesses spawnies and explodes them. He also makes big fireballs and can mind control heroes. There is also a cow hero and a sniper who can nuke things. Fun for all the family.
Oh, and the imp is a crazy monkey thing (not literally, don't get excited).

I could say more. Not that I will.

Btw I'm in Norway, stranded without my computer, for anyone who was wondering where I went. I hope to be back from christmas onwards (when I go home and get a laptop which I can use in the school I'm at over here). I just hope i have the good fortune of finding people to be online on tft when i come back - and still playing EotA :D

Yohtah 4 lyfe

P.S Where's MoononiteLeader at?
I've been told that, with major surgery, I can become a preeetty good combination doorstep and draft excluder.

I feel...zomg.

"Stop getting up at night, just pee in your closet, it's that easy!" - Billy May