Report bugs.
Setokaiva
Resident
Resident
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Setokaiva

List of Bugs

#1 Post by Setokaiva »

DarnYak has called for a list of bugs and imbalance issues to be created, so I took on the challenge and came up with the following. If anyone else finds a bug they'd like to report, then feel free to add it here.

Changelog
11/17/10 - List started
11/17/10 - Two more bugs added
11/18/10 - Dryad's "Reverse Magic" bug added
11/19/10 - Blastcap Mushroom bug added
11/19/10 - Dispel tooltip (or lack thereof) bug added
11/19/10 - Unproven bugs list added

- Quests menu does not show information on game commands or modes available for input before a game starts, or ANY info for that matter
[FIXED]- Commands section in Quest menu says at the very top "...with the color indicating how damaged the tower is" obviously refers to the tower health command but it is cut off there
- There is no listed command for all pick mode in the Commands section of the Quest menu, in fact it seems several commands may be cut off... This should be fixed
[CHANGED]- Only being able to temper items in the field at Rank 6 is a SERIOUS imbalance issue, it makes Rank 6 and over people have an unfair advantage over those who aren't
- There should be a feature that allows you to type a command and see exactly how much Shield strength is left on your hero
[FIXED]- Misspelling; Throughout is spelled Throughtout and the "...destroyed the temple and killed thousands trapped inside" has no period or anything at the end, this is all in the beginning cinematics
[FIXED]- Misspelling; "...and you may now retrive the artifact" when a team achieves enough control should be spelled retrieve
[FIXED]- Misspelling; in Infiltrator's Sabotage skill, 'proportionally' is spelled 'proportionaly', and "...how damage it already is" should be damaged, and there is no period at the end either
[FIXED]- Elite Archers are shown to have 21-25 Piercing damage in their spawning tower description but actually have 41-47, and it doesn't even mention their siege attack against buildings
[FIXED]- Dire Howl debuff reads DireHowl in buffs section of a units description
[FIXED]- Hammer of Banning, which lets you vote to have a player kicked costs 300 gold? Why do we pay good money for something easily done with a text command?
- There should be a feature where as soon as a Tower Core is produced the entire team gets a message notifying them of it
[IGNORING]- Sometimes, somehow, AI heroes are able to hire a Goblin Zeppelin and use it intelligently, such as picking up units (yes, wave spawns) and dropping them behind the opposing wave, yet human players can do nothing of the sort
- There needs to be a 'freeze' option or similar disable for computer controlled players, as right now they seriously feed the other team
- Whenever an Arcane Wagon captures the artifact, ALL Obelisks are rendered inactive, cutting off any further energy. There isn't a problem with that, however there is NO warning to players that this will happen, this should definitely be fixed as it's a serious change in gameplay
[INTENTIONAL]- Emberwraith's Corona ultimate skill can be canceled prematurely by enemy players, I've seen it done using a silence or Mockery on Mystic Swashbuckler
[BALANCE IS FINE]- Despite Ghouls supposed to be the weakest basic melee in the game, they are stronger than even Elven Swordsmen, with 50 more HP and a bit more damage to boot, only thing Swordsmen have over them is 3 extra armor and that 'bonus' is nearly negligible. Swordsmen are far too weak and need a buff, and Ghouls possibly a nerf
[IRRELEVANT]- Dryad's (Arboreal Crusader) dispel, Reverse Magic, says it turns positive buffs into negative ones and vice versa but it does not actually do this
[FIXED]- In one game I played as Mystic Swashbuckler, I was hanging around bottom of the map when Putrid Eidolon casts his ultimate -- from next to his Equipment Store. Blastcap Mushrooms began appearing near me, from all the way across the map. It was almost like they were tracking me because they kept spawning right next to me even when I moved
[IRRELEVANT]- Divine Wizard's dispel ability has no description/tooltip, it is reported that neither do Time Cleric's or Dryads though I've yet to confirm the last two
[WOULD NEED REPLAY]- The -s command to display spell damage sometimes displays it wrong; earlier in a game my Mystic swashbuckler had 396 damage for his Demoralizing Blow, then when I researched an int upgrade and checked it afterwards it said 317. I checked it again and it said something between 350-370, I don't know if there's a reason for this flux like I didn't give it enough time to adjust or what

Unproven Bugs
These are bugs that have been reported but have not been confirmed by me to be truth yet, some of these might be out-of-date and already fixed, if so let me know

- Talisman of the Sun's AoE buff overwrites Scarab's Apotheosis buff, may do it with others too
- Issues with the -s command : viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1592
- Issues with Nephilim : viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1584
- Issues with Mana Residue : viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1354
- Issues with Rebirth : viewtopic.php?f=32&t=151
- Issues with Expunge : viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1441
- Glacial Tyrant's Arctic Cataclysm supposedly does not hit aerial units which have been grounded by the Frigid Blast spell
Last edited by Setokaiva on June 26th, 2011, 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BOOOHNE~STORRRRRRRRM

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: List of Bugs

#2 Post by DarnYak »

Bumping this thread since a bug fix release is highly likely.

DarnYak

Setokaiva
Resident
Resident
Battle.net name: Setokaiva

#3 Post by Setokaiva »

Glad to be of service. :mrgreen:
If I find anything else I'll be sure to add it to the list. Also if anyone else has a confirmed bug they want to report please do it here, we need a concise list in one place and it would help to have outside input.
BOOOHNE~STORRRRRRRRM

Crazyedd
Regular
Regular
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: NagaSpawn

#4 Post by Crazyedd »

i was playing a lan game against my friend, i had FM and he had GT.

basically, he used his innate ability on me just as i was in the process of streaking' for some reason, this knocked me offcourse and caused me to 'perma-streak' on GT.
he ended up killing me (because i couldn't do anything :( ) and i respawned, BUT I WAS STILL DOING IT. :lol:

for some reason i was only stuck to GT, i never got stuck to any units or spires. kind of a funny glitch considering the context, but it may aswell be a game breaker if you're doing it ranked.

Zdig25
Visitor
Visitor
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: KingOHearts

#5 Post by Zdig25 »

Moontears dont work in tests 1 or two, they never give you energy like they used to, also comps dont pick them up?

Zdig25
Visitor
Visitor
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: KingOHearts

#6 Post by Zdig25 »

Also the animation for the wave attack on the aero chick on elvin battalion dosent work in test 2?

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#7 Post by DarnYak »

Zdig25 wrote:Also the animation for the wave attack on the aero chick on elvin battalion dosent work in test 2?
Seems to be working fine.

DarnYak

Kalrithus
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Roflfax

#8 Post by Kalrithus »

There may be a memory leak issue on Candle somewhere, both me and Sparda and I believe 1 pubby as well all crashed as the game got up into the longer side. I received a not enough storage to process command error =/. Also Aeromancess's animation for tempest didn't show up at all, although it still did damage.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#9 Post by DarnYak »

Kalrithus wrote:Also Aeromancess's animation for tempest didn't show up at all, although it still did damage.
Being the second person to report that, I have to believe you. However, I personally tested this myself yesterday, in the same version, and saw it. What the hell?

DarnYak

Discombobulator
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Karunecm

#10 Post by Discombobulator »

Wasn't there a bug with that earlier, when the animation didn't get created if the cast point was over impassable terrain? I might be mistaken, though.
I'm this forum's MVP.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#11 Post by DarnYak »

I don't remember anything like that, except with Tact's net and the edge of the map.

Could those of you who don't see Aero's spell, try making a new single player game and just casting that one spell and see if it shows up? Need to know if its consistent or something happening later in the game.

DarnYak

Kalrithus
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Roflfax

#12 Post by Kalrithus »

Well from what I could tell the only time aero tempest wasn't showing was on candle, I don't know if elevation may be a factor in it being hidden.

Sparda963
Site Admin
Site Admin
Battle.net name: Sparda963

#13 Post by Sparda963 »

I can do one better yak, here is the replay.
Attachments
Tempest.w3g
(615.18 KiB) Downloaded 402 times
It's not rape if you yell surprise!

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#14 Post by jamn455 »

Doesn't show when next to a cliff, works on bridges and in open terrain fine.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary
Battle.net name: watermelon_1234

#15 Post by watermelon »

I found a really weird bug while I was playing EotA by myself.
Lady Eventide, controlled by Player 8 (AI), gets removed from the game after getting killed by Ice Lance. She leaves behind a Phase looking effect SFX like the one that's used when Skirmishers disappear.
Last edited by watermelon on September 11th, 2011, 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#16 Post by watermelon »

[FIXED - Was all levels] Just in case you forgot, Neph has a cd bug with Execute. I think it's only level 1.

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#17 Post by Tehw00tz »

[FIXED] BP having permanent haste from the talent, or something like that.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

SuIIy
Resident
Resident
Battle.net name: Sully24

#18 Post by SuIIy »

BP having permanent haste from the talent, or something like that.

I believe you're referring to the "Alluring Flame". I doesn't seem to follow the hero as stated.

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#19 Post by watermelon »

[FIXED] Doesn't look like either talents work when I tested.

SuIIy
Resident
Resident

#20 Post by SuIIy »

Doesn't look like either talents work when I tested.
Oops, mean't to say this.

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#21 Post by Tehw00tz »

All I know is BP wound up with max movement speed (150 agility inf w/blitz couldnt catch him) and it was permanent. I think Roflfax was playing as BP that game.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

SuIIy
Resident
Resident

#22 Post by SuIIy »

The text for TC's Ebb and Flow says 0 movement and attack speed reduction.

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#23 Post by watermelon »

^Time Cleric isn't finished yet, hence the amount of text errors.

From my earlier tests, the Infiltrator's combo with the Tactician's banner doesn't seem to work. (Makes the banner explodes when it dies; the sfx shows but deals no damage.)

Not sure about this one: I think Firestorm's duration decreases when it's leveled up, but higher leveled spells say that it lasts for 40 seconds.

Sparda963
Site Admin
Site Admin
Battle.net name: Sparda963

#24 Post by Sparda963 »

Haunt isnt resetting the duration on a tower that already has it on. Duno if this is meant to work this way or just an oversight.
It's not rape if you yell surprise!

Mandein
Wanderer
Wanderer
Battle.net name: Mandein

#25 Post by Mandein »

I was playing a LAN game as tact with ai players on both sides. The lvl 3 promoted archers, trueshot I think they're called, had no attack. I played again trying to replicate it but with no success. I think i had the talent at lvl 3 at the time (11 promoted) and allpick was not enabled.
"Imagine you're like the fabled King Midas, and you have the power to convert matter with a single touch. Except that instead of gold, everything you touch turns into shit. And everything it touches turns to shit. Before you know it, the whole world is shit, and it's all your fault."