Swashbuckler Strategy

Post strategies and guides, and comment on those that others have written.

Moderator: Mills

Eltonbrand
Visitor
Visitor
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Eltonbrand

Swashbuckler Strategy

#1 Post by Eltonbrand »

Not sure if it would be better to make a guide on the forums like many of the older ones, but since we do have a wiki that is supposed to list all abilities and such, thought i would just put the guide up on there. Created his wiki page, and added a strategy page. So without further ado, the Swashy wiki page (with a strategy overview)

Mystic Swashbuckler

Comments are of course welcome and appreciated, though try to stick to the subject :)
I like EotA. Need more be said?

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

Re: Swashbuckler Strategy

#2 Post by Dekar »

The 2 strategies are a bit narrow minded.
I would rather stack damage with Keen Blade, as it has 3x crit modifier and with Flurry you get 150% faster attack anyway. With the Flurry talent and every skill 1-pointed, you have 3 skills to trigger flurry with a 75% chance, giving you enough attack speed when you need it.

And ofc both of his builds work well against low hp heroes, hes a hero killer after all. The difference is that high hp, strenght tank heroes usually come with knights armor and thus have a good damage reduction. Demoralizing blow ignores armor and allows you to keep harassing them as it deals high damage with a single contact, whereas autoattack builds have to stay in the danger zone.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

Setokaiva
Resident
Resident
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Setokaiva

Re: Swashbuckler Strategy

#3 Post by Setokaiva »

He can be good either way, really... The only real problem is his health, this guy needs to rely a lot on potions. You can go for the nuker build, maxing out Demoralizing Blow and dash for damage or you can go for autoattack, stacking keen blade, flurry talents, Orb of Fury and watch the damage roll out. I like mystic 'cause he's fast, versatile and fun. Not to mention sheeps come out of his sword! :twisted:
BOOOHNE~STORRRRRRRRM