Communist
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Ion_Killer
WereWabbit
Canucklehead
Luftwaffles

Idle Energy Experience

#1 Post by Luftwaffles »

I think it should be removed from the game. It prevents people from getting Gens and it gives an unnecessary advantage to people who get both starting Obs. I'm not sure what the numbers are; some games it's seemed like very little or none, others I've been or seen other people underlevelled by around 2-5. Regardless, I think it would be better if we just scrapped it altogether. Gens are bonus enough.
- Luftwaffles

CryptLord1234
Addict
Addict

Re: Idle Energy Experience

#2 Post by CryptLord1234 »

In looking at it, most of the people I've played EotA with don't even know that Generators exist. That basically means that nobody is using them, so it's just a matter of which side has more bonus XP. If the teams are fairly equal in who's going for Obelisks, or Gloomite, or what-have-you, then the weight of the bonus (That is, how much it's actually helping you) is pretty close to 0. Why have it(it being the XP bonus) there when only 1/5 of the people who play the map use it, and of that, only 1/3 of them know the trade-off of using Energy and balance Generators and XP gain accordingly?

(Stats could be hyperbole, I know, but it does get my point across.)
"L4D2 promises to set a new benchmark for co-op games. . ." Like L4D promised to hand us new maps, survivors, and zombies? We've seen how that works.

Elreth
Resident
Resident

#3 Post by Elreth »

I like it. It means the people who dont use generators, perhaps because they dont have the time or dont know about them, aren't inherently at a disadvantage. I prefer generators as part of the game you can use to get an advantage if used correctly, or possibly a waste of time/resources if done badly. Also, although one team may only have say 5-10 more energy than the other team, you have to remember that 10-20 energy total in bonus exp still significantly affects the flow of the game. How long it lasts, how long people are certain levels. It could amount to an unexpectedly long change.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#4 Post by Dekar »

I tend to leave generators alone, to reduce microing to a minimum. I get enough crystal through hero kills, there are fountains and outposts around to heal, pushes and bases are destroyed through coordination, rather than limited generators. The really long setup time for a generator is an additional problem when you need a solution for a problem fast. Fierce obelisk battles with an often change of energy amount available gives you an extra headache, because generators shut themself off and you propably lose all mana with certain types of generators.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer